Escapist

I've been reading the mag since Issue 3, I believe. It has a lot of insightful articles, some of which are only tangentially related to gaming, but most are well-written and often make good points of discussion.

Here is part 2 of the article you linked.

The author of the article you linked is Greg Costikyan. I can't believe I actually remembered his name of the top of my head. He recently quit his job with Nokia to pursue Manifesto Games which will serve as an online publisher and marketer for indie games. He's been interviewed by many game websites and is generally trying to make a fuss to get his and his company's name out there. He's actually blogging about his adventures in starting his company, which should make an interesting read, both for industry analysts and anyone who wants to deal with them.

I hope the guy succeeds and actually makes indie and niche games a viable market. I don't think it's going to revolutionize gaming as we know it or even effect retail, but it will help broaden the options for developers to get their games into the hands of gamers.

bread's done
Back