ESPN 50 States in 50 Days....barf!

repetske

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Is anyone else getting sick of ESPN's 50 States in 50 Days? I'll be watching a harmless episode of SportsCenter and all of the sudden that fucking Brian Adams song kicks and I feel this urge to shoot myself.

How many states can there possibly be? I swear if they do a special Puerto Rico bonus episode, some one's going to pay.

[quote name='repetske']How many states can there possibly be? I swear if they do a special Puerto Rico bonus episode, some one's going to pay.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Guam!

They do it for the effect its like a blue light special or something. It gets you pumped and keep you watching. Or at least that is what they think it will do.

[quote name='Rich']You guys got no taste. I love this.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god. This crap is such filler until football starts. The execs were like, "How the hell are we going to do an hour of baseball highlights and justify calling it SportsCenter instead of Baseball Tonight?"

Some young dopey middle-aged Canadian who lives with his mom was like, "I'm a big Bryan Adams fan and I have a great idea. Why don't we..." And the rest was history.

I don't think I've made it through a whole show in over a month.

It's so pathetic, also...

For most states, it's prerecorded from days earlier.

And the Pennsylvania one was ridiculous... why is there a story on Danny Almonte?

[quote name='kittie']It's so pathetic, also...

For most states, it's prerecorded from days earlier.

And the Pennsylvania one was ridiculous... why is there a story on Danny Almonte?[/QUOTE]

I'm so pissed I missed that story.

It was pretty funny, actually.

Some baseball team in Florida was ragging on him for missing practices and games, and Danny plays dumb. Then, ESPN pretends like it's a big deal that he'll get drafted in the 47th round.

I thought it was a cool concept at first, but the only episodes that ended up interesting to me were Illinois and California, my 2 homes.

It is officially 51 'states' the District of Columbia had a hissy fit so now they are visiting there as well as the 50 states.

I think small states (like my North Dakota) get more excited about this type of thing because we actually get publicity. Why would NY or TX or CA care?

[quote name='Mr.Answer']It is officially 51 'states' the District of Columbia had a hissy fit so now they are visiting there as well as the 50 states.

I think small states (like my North Dakota) get more excited about this type of thing because we actually get publicity. Why would NY or TX or CA care?[/QUOTE]

I'm from South Dakota and everyone here who watched the south dakota one was disgusted by it.

[quote name='thetoxicone']I'm from South Dakota and everyone here who watched the south dakota one was disgusted by it.[/QUOTE]

How were they 'disgusted' by it?

i kinda of like it IMO, when you hear the cool facts about each state, and they show a sporting even unique to that state

i watch espn too much i think
little league is cool, but i am split between who i want to win, cali, hawaii, or guam

btw, i lived in guam

Its alright, but dont break the damn thing up, just do it all in one shot, i dont need my entire sportscenter episode flooded with it, and some of the stories they do are complete crap, but some of them are really good, like the other day they had illinois, and they did a good story on the cubs and white sox

if they really needed filler, why not do a preseason preview of all the nfl teams? they used to do those and i enjoyed them

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']i kinda of like it IMO, when you hear the cool facts about each state, and they show a sporting even unique to that state

i watch espn too much i think
little league is cool, but i am split between who i want to win, cali, hawaii, or guam

btw, i lived in guam[/QUOTE]

the little league world series is awesome, i went to williamsport for a championship game a few years back, awesome time

[quote name='gambitmachete']Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife is an open road to meee[/QUOTE]

Those sound like fighting words to me.:twoguns:

It's very annoying but I especially can't stand it whenever Rachel Nichols is on there doing any kind of broadcasting whatsoever. God I hate her for no apparent reason.

[quote name='javeryh']It's very annoying but I especially can't stand it whenever Rachel Nichols is on there doing any kind of broadcasting whatsoever. God I hate her for no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]

Come on... she's just there because she's cute, and with those pouty lips, you know guys want to stuff it in her mouth.

The only one I bothered watching most of was Alaska... with the Standing On Your Head Olympics, or whatever the fuck that was.

I'll probably watch Friday, also... since they'll be there for the New Haven tennis tourney. And likely have junk pieces on nothing to do with Connecticut.

[quote name='kittie']Come on... she's just there because she's cute, and with those pouty lips, you know guys want to stuff it in her mouth.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to disparage her for no reason but I just don't like her as a broadcaster - cute or not.

[quote name='kittie']Come on... she's just there because she's cute, and with those pouty lips, you know guys want to stuff it in her mouth.[/QUOTE]

After what happened the other night, I'm not satisfied unless it's a chin!

[quote name='javeryh']I'm not going to disparage her for no reason but I just don't like her as a broadcaster - cute or not.[/QUOTE]

You're not disparaging her.

Female broadcasters are never hired because of their journalistic talent.

bread's done
Back