ESPN NHL and NBA 2K5 also only $20!

It's pretty obvious why they are doing this. EA has such a wide margin over them, they have decided that let the people decide who has the better product. By placing the price at 19.99 more people are likely to buy the games. I bet next year's versions won't be 19.99.

oh yeah, i'm gonna have to get these.

i'm really hoping they make a college basketball game again. true lastyears wasn't a real big seller, but i dont think they marketed it properly.
IMHO, i think that game was better than march madness

now only if tiger woo would switch to espn....

Just to end some of the confusion, they ARE making a college basketball 2k5 this year, if you go to the ESPN VIDEO GAMES movie on the NFL 2k5 disc it is on there.

Ok. Check out this ESPN NHL 2k5 screen:

espnnhl2k5_071504_hipcheck2.jpg

That's some cool stuff.

"Its fun to think about the meetings at EA that are going on right now. It will be interesting to see if they also make cuts. "

I say they don't. They probably have enough faith in their product(which they should) and believe that they can still outsell espn without the price drop. I would be in heaven if they did but I think they will keep it at $50 and see what happens, I would.

[quote name='CheapyD']I would like to get an online CAG NHL league going. In fact, I'm really looking forward to it.[/quote]

im in- calling the sabres right now. who wants biron =)

Hmm... I wonder why. But the hell with, it im still mos def gonna get ESPN NBA 2K5, not the others. Sticking with Madden again this year because EA just seems to be steps ahead in gaming. :lol:

[quote name='totsmann']Hmm... I wonder why. But the hell with, it im still mos def gonna get ESPN NBA 2K5, not the others. Sticking with Madden again this year because EA just seems to be steps ahead in gaming. :lol:[/quote]
I wouldn't say steps ahead. Sega games have been just as good if not better than all the EA games in recent years. They just haven't sold well. Which is the reason for the low price this year. Give the 2k5's a shot at only 20 a piece. You can't go wrong. I've also been a Madden supporter but money talks and I'd rather get 5 2k5 games than 2 EA games.

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='totsmann']Hmm... I wonder why. But the hell with, it im still mos def gonna get ESPN NBA 2K5, not the others. Sticking with Madden again this year because EA just seems to be steps ahead in gaming. :lol:[/quote]
I wouldn't say steps ahead. Sega games have been just as good if not better than all the EA games in recent years. They just haven't sold well.[/quote]

Agreed - regarding the NFL games, the difference in gameplay quality is slim, both brands make excellent games.

And I'll take the 2k NBA games over NBA Live every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Regardless, I doubt EA is worried. While the price of the ESPN games will certainly drive its sales up (I picked up my copy of the NFL game today), it's not like EA suddenly has a reason to worry about Madden's sales, especially since the XBox Madden finally has online play this year.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Question: When you choose in-store pickup do you pay now online or do you pay in-store when you pick it up?[/quote]
Answer to my own question: According to the web site, you pay when you pick up. So it's basically like reserving, and if you don't pick it up within 48 hours there is a $5 charge. I was hoping to pay using my Paypal account online and then pick it up in store but I guess not. I could always have them ship it to my house but I'm not that patient. There might be a slim chance they run a special shipping deal for these games sometime soon, but I doubt it.

I was in EB yesterday, and I asked the clerk how NFL2K5 was selling, out of curiosity of how it will affect Madden's sales. She said it was selling pretty well, and she later went on to say that the $20 price is only temporary. It seems the ESPN games are $20 only when they're new releases, and they'll eventually go up to $50 (she didn't say how long after their release they would remain at $20). I have no way of confirming it, but that's what she said, in case anyone wanted to know.

I doubt that is true. ^ It sounds like they just wanted you to buy the game then. It would make no sense for them to raise the price to $50 because no one will buy it for that price if it was $20 before that.

[quote name='Togepy']I doubt that is true. ^ It sounds like they just wanted you to buy the game then. It would make no sense for them to raise the price to $50 because no one will buy it for that price if it was $20 before that.[/quote]

Yeah, no shit why would anybody by the game after the price raises?

At 15+tax(bb gamer gift card coupon) for all the 2k5 games this year its a little tempting.

But it still isnt low enough for me to want to go out and buy the 2k5 games.

Ill stick with Ea madden,ncaa,live, etc.

The K games are just too arcadey.

hey wet ninja. unless the eb worker is a friend of yours then dont beleive a word of what ANY store clerk says about any games from any store.

They are clueless.

Also wouldnt it be a nice little way to try and sell a game to you if she/he tells you its only Temp ??

Sure sounds like a sales pitch to me.

Bestbuy stores got the game in yesterday.

They had a TON of em today. and no one i saw was buying them.

But football is still a little ways away.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']At 15+tax(bb gamer gift card coupon) for all the 2k5 games this year its a little tempting.

But it still isnt low enough for me to want to go out and buy the 2k5 games.

Ill stick with Ea madden,ncaa,live, etc.

The K games are just too arcadey.[/quote]
I'm an EA fan too but I can't pass this up. You could get 3 2k5 for the price of 1 EA game. I'd rather have NFL, NHL, and NBA 2k5 than Madden 2005. That's just me though. If I had cash flowing out of my ears then maybe I would buy every game I want. But until then, I can't.

Don't worry...I didn't fall for it. I'm not a fan of sports games, so I wasn't planning on buying NFL2K5; I was just curious if the $20 price was going over well because it may have an impact on more than just Madden. I didn't really believe the clerk's pitch, but thought I'd post it anyway because it was interesting.

Absolutely fantastic move by Sega-Take Two!

I'm totally picking up ALL three -- NFL, NBA, and NHL. I'll pick up the baseball one too if it gets pretty decent reviews. The last one I played was for the DC by WOW and that one was pretty bad.

Can anyone tell me how the baseball one is now?

bread's done
Back