ESPN's SportsCenter to Announce Madden NFL 07 Cover Athlete

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?dcr=sports&id=madden07cover

madden07cover.jpg

The upcoming NFL season is not that far in the distance, and Madden NFL 07 kicks off the excitement as the cover athlete for this year's game will be announced live on the 6:00 PM ET edition of SportsCenter on ESPN, this Thursday, April 20.Tune into SportsCenter to see which NFL star will grace the cover of Madden NFL 07, as well as to see an exclusive interview with the cover athlete, as he talks about Madden, video games, and more. Be sure to kick off your season right by checking out SportsCenter to see the new Madden NFL 07 cover athlete this Thursday!

Since the Madden Curse is still floating around I don't think it will be that great of a player. I can 1 say it won't be Payton Manning. Hines Ward seems like a choice or even Big Ben. I doubt it will be another QB though because they just used McNabb.

I can say it's not going to be Chad Pennington, David Carr, or high draft choices Reggie Bush, Matt Leinert, or that guy from Texas.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Eli Manning.

[quote name='Puffa469']T.O. baby! lol[/quote]

Talk about a curse. The last cover he was on (NFL 2K5) the whole franchise was done away with, lol.

Has Ladainian Tomlinson been on one yet? He's the only RB I can see getting it, unless they go the sentimental route and put "The Bus" on the cover. I still think it will be Hines.

[quote name='nickmad']Carson Palmer[/QUOTE]

The thing about the "Madden Curse" is that it affects athletes *after* they get put on the cover, not *before*. ;)

I put my money on Ben Roethlisberger (or however the shit it's spelled).

[quote name='mykevermin']The thing about the "Madden Curse" is that it affects athletes *after* they get put on the cover, not *before*. ;).[/quote]

haha good point.
but this time it could have the reverse effect! carson goes from injured to freakin superman x2. 8,000 yards passing. 71 touchdowns!

I hope it isn't Ben Rothleisberger...I want the Steelers to win again this year!

Put McNabb on the cover again, I loved sports talk radio this year in the 2-1-5!!!

I hate how they make a big thing about this anyway. I like Madden but i really can care less about whos on the cover. If the game is anything like the 360 version then they should put someone terrible on the cover. I know i wouldnt want to represent it.

[quote name='Madskills1182']I hate how they make a big thing about this anyway. I like Madden but i really can care less about whos on the cover. If the game is anything like the 360 version then they should put someone terrible on the cover. I know i wouldnt want to represent it.[/QUOTE]

i didnt think the 360 version was that bad but then again i only played the demo...

if world cup is any sign.. then they will definitely focus on the 360 version this year

[quote name='guyver2077']i didnt think the 360 version was that bad but then again i only played the demo...

if world cup is any sign.. then they will definitely focus on the 360 version this year[/QUOTE]
Gameplay wise it sucked. Current Gen versions were so much better. And it was stripped of a lot of the current gens features. I know it was rushed to get it out for launch but they better focus on the 360 version this year.

[quote name='nevposey']Palmer is a good guess....I'd like to see Chad Johnson[/quote]

are you kidding me? i would have a freaking heart attack if Chad Johnson was on the cover.

bread's done
Back