eStarland.com 2-Pack Xbox 360 Wireless controllers (New)$44.95 White & Black

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
You can get this pack in White or Black

http://www.estarland.com/Xbox360.cat..product.35666.html

From eStarland.com

Xbox 360 White Wireless Controller 2-Pack (Microsoft)

These controllers are brand new but not in their original packaging, which allows us to offer them at an incredibly low price. eStarland has further compounded savings by selling it in a 2-pack. Whereas these controllers are $49.95 MSRP individually, through the wonders of bulk packaging, we've managed to whittle that price down to $44.95--for two of them. So yeah. It's two for the price of one. Don't be left out cold because this deal will only last for 48-72 hours. Whichever we prefer.

-Got to admit it kind of sucks that they are not in orginal packaging but for those of us who buy "new" games unpackaged from GS, it shouldn't bother us too much. Not a bad price over all. Shipping is $7.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey nice! I just got an xbox 360 and needed a few more controllers. :bouncy:
Maybe try adding direct links on the op for the others, MrEKO73?

Thanks!

[quote name='ubik35']Hey nice! I just got an xbox 360 and needed a few more controllers. :bouncy:
Maybe try adding direct links on the op for the others, MrEKO73?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sorry about that- so worried about everything else forgot the most important part. ;)

I just want to add that these are not new. This is the same crap that was being sold a few months back, and people reported that these "new" controllers were refurbs. New controllers don't fall out of the packaging and into a stores hands in mass quantities. From what I understand the refurb quality is fantastic, with an occasional one with scratches or even in one with greasy hand prints. I for one will not do business with a company that strait up lies.

[quote name='foxdvd']I just want to add that these are not new. This is the same crap that was being sold a few months back, and people reported that these "new" controllers were refurbs. New controllers don't fall out of the packaging and into a stores hands in mass quantities. From what I understand the refurb quality is fantastic, with an occasional one with scratches or even in one with greasy hand prints. I for one will not do business with a company that strait up lies.[/QUOTE]

Was it estarland that was doing this, because I've had nothing but great service with them for the past 2 years? I've never bought anything from them that didn't come as described.

I guess anyone with any doubts should contact their customer service. You can usually get them quickly by an online chat session or by phone. But yeah, if that is what they are doing its pretty shady. But I don't wanna pass judgement before I'm sure.

Frankly, I think its a pretty good price one way or the other.

no this is the third company that has sold "new" controllers that are stated multiple times to be new, but not in packaging, and in every case, under close examining they are refurbs, though as I said really good refurbs. A lot of people like estarland, but a lot of people have had nightmares with them...it is one of the lower rated sites on the web.... In all cases where these refurbs are sold as new, they list in the page "we can sell these cheap because they are not in the packaging" I don't know what vendor is selling these things to these sites, but you will see it again in the future. Calling a customer service rep who only reads what is on a computer will tell you nothing...because I am sure they did not put in small print "if a customer calls about these controllers tell them they are new, but in truth they are refurbs...muahaha"

I'd say shipping is about $5, isn't it? In that case, if Amazon's controller's are still $25 each, those are a better deal since you'll get free shipping and (apparently) actually new controllers.

Vendors (the ones that sell to game stores) sell all sorts of odd stuff at times. They will hawk anything they can get thier hands on if they can make a buck or two.

This includes brand new controllers without boxes. There's plenty of ways they can be had. Overseas overstock is a common thing (then when they are shipped to America, they are stripped of any packaging to save on space/weight.)

Just because it's not retail doesn't make it not legit.

[quote name='BigPopov']Vendors (the ones that sell to game stores) sell all sorts of odd stuff at times. They will hawk anything they can get thier hands on if they can make a buck or two.

This includes brand new controllers without boxes. There's plenty of ways they can be had. Overseas overstock is a common thing (then when they are shipped to America, they are stripped of any packaging to save on space/weight.)

Just because it's not retail doesn't make it not legit.[/QUOTE]

Wrong... 3 times in 6 months these have popped up on sites, and in the first 2 proven to be refurbs....you sound like the group defending the cheap xbox points cards a while back when they were obviously stolen. If massive amounts of controllers were being shipped from overseas and stripped of their packaging (first I heard of this) estarland would not be the only site on the web 5 years into the xbox's history to sell these. These are refurbs...

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'd say shipping is about $5, isn't it? In that case, if Amazon's controller's are still $25 each, those are a better deal since you'll get free shipping and (apparently) actually new controllers.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's is currently $30.00 for black and $32.00 for white. Even if these are refurbs- they are still cheaper (For the 2) than the USED controllers that are going on Amazon if you figure in shipping. But if these are Refurbs like foxdvd says then I guess you're just kinda taking a risk.

Anyway, I ordered some with my estarland credit so I'll let you guys know what kind of condition they are in.

Last edited by a moderator:
This an email I received from estarland. Apparently these were never in packaging but were taken from the consoles themselves before they were shipped overseas. Take from that what you will.

Hello,

Both the black and white no box controllers by Microsoft we are selling are brand new. They do not come with a box because they were originally taken from new systems that were shipped overseas by distributers. If you are not satisfied with the condition of the controller when you receive it, we can accept the product as a return within 7 days of delivery.

Thank you
eStarland team.

Stripped controllers from consoles are a fairly common thing in the industry.

I've ordered several in the past for my PS2 (not from this site.) Even came in the original Sony plastic wrap that was in the machine's box. Also ordered many computer parts from small dealers that are legit, new, with no box/documentation/wires.

foxdvd - Comparing other websites who had unknown vendors is not damning evidence to make me "wrong." You're quick to judge, and obviously are talking as an outsider who has never worked in the small goods retail industry dealing with vendors/distributers. Otherwise, you'd realize they sell some weird, sometimes shady stuff, just to make a dollar.

[quote name='BigPopov']Stripped controllers from consoles are a fairly common thing in the industry.

I've ordered several in the past for my PS2 (not from this site.) Even came in the original Sony plastic wrap that was in the machine's box. Also ordered many computer parts from small dealers that are legit, new, with no box/documentation/wires.

foxdvd - Comparing other websites who had unknown vendors is not damning evidence to make me "wrong." You're quick to judge, and obviously are talking as an outsider who has never worked in the small goods retail industry dealing with vendors/distributers. Otherwise, you'd realize they sell some weird, sometimes shady stuff, just to make a dollar.[/QUOTE]

I find that last part funny as I have been in retail for near 20 years.... Estarland is the only vendor in the 5 year history of the xbox to get new xbox controllers outside packaging in large quantities, and not refurbs, like places like gogamer get???...the wording of the page is the same as the last batch of controllers that ended up being refurbs....estarland currently has one of the lowest ratings on resellerratings (this is where someone says that reselleratings sucks, and not accurate) and yet you think...oh never mind...buy away..lol Just want to add that I have bought refurbs from gogamer and gotten a new controller. They are mixed in with the refurbs. As mentioned above they do get new controllers from time to time, but they push those out with the refurbs through their supply. They HAVE to sell them as refurbs, because the vendor for this sells these in batches. You are going to get some new and some refurbs in the batch. Estarland is not going to get special treatment over every other refurb vendor. There are not multiple vendors dealing in refurb xbox controllers.

bread's done
Back