Estarland.com extra 40% trade in on PS2, Xbox, Gamecube until January 10

I love estarland. They usually give a lot higher TIV's than FYE/GS/Amazon with the newer games. Not sure how well they are with PS2/XBX/GC.

They are kind of anal about quality though, as i've said before, they're great for collectors but terrible for traders.

[quote name='Bezerker']I love estarland. They usually give a lot higher TIV's than FYE/GS/Amazon with the newer games. Not sure how well they are with PS2/XBX/GC.

They are kind of anal about quality though, as i've said before, they're great for collectors but terrible for traders.[/QUOTE]

They're pretty good for buying especially if they are running a deal, but the trade-ins are a whole other thing. It's the common online scenario of "I'll quote you THIS MUCH but actually give you THAT MUCH", with "that much" always being a good amount less. It's like pop-pop always said: nothing good can come out of Fairfax VA... be it radio stations, game stores, or whatever.

eStarland is awesome, I've dealt with them for years. Surprised more people haven't heard of them.

Your shit better be in good condition though because they don't take your beat up old junk like Gamestop does. I've traded in things in the past with no problems, but I take care of my stuff.

Their buy 2 get 1 free sale was the sale of the year, in my opinion. I think I bought 6 PS1 games that were all in 100% mint condition, almost all of them non-GH.

I just took advantage of their 40% bonus on PSP and DS titles and have always had good experiences, in fact I am a bit surprised at the link above. That said, I do live in the area so I have never mailed them a trade-in, so that may be where the issue is.

Having bought from them, I know they are sticklers for quality. I guess its a double edged sword as their used stuff is always great condition and complete, but they are real particular about their trade-ins.

[quote name='Bezerker']I love estarland. They usually give a lot higher TIV's than FYE/GS/Amazon with the newer games. Not sure how well they are with PS2/XBX/GC.

They are kind of anal about quality though, as i've said before, they're great for collectors but terrible for traders.[/QUOTE]

That's why I've bought from them in the past I got a mint copy of Persona 2 for $40. This was before Persona 3 came out when the prices were soaring to unheard of insane $100 a copy prices. I can vouch for'em just don't expect awesome deals, but you will get good product for a semi-premium price and good shipping too.

Good to hear people here have had good experiences with eStarland trade in, I sent in some DS games during the 40% extra deal and they should be getting there this week sometime.

EDIT: What happens if you don't send a game you submitted for trade in? I might want to get in on this extra 40% as well, but I want to make sure my first trade in goes smoothly before I try sending anything else in. I didn't really see that addressed in the FAQ anywhere.

There's only one reason why I never bother using eStarland: the site is so damn slow. I don't know if it's just me but 95% of the time I visit, the site loads like I'm running on 56K. It's such a pain to browse their site due to the slow speeds.

[quote name='Vinny']There's only one reason why I never bother using eStarland: the site is so damn slow. I don't know if it's just me but 95% of the time I visit, the site loads like I'm running on 56K. It's such a pain to browse their site due to the slow speeds.[/QUOTE]

Huh, I thought something was wrong with my PC. Yeah, it's pretty slow.

The website is pretty bad. It is slow and has trouble running multiple simultaneous searches as well. If youre within driving distance I would really recommend just going to the store. Its quite a site to see the walls covered in everything from Atari to now.

Also, youre only a block from the Lotte, which has some ridiculously good Korean food.

Interesting. I've been debating whether to sell back to them or not. I've been reading reviews and they are either a hit or miss. But I have no use for my Gameboy, PS1, or PS2 games. MUST SELL.

bread's done
Back