eStarland.com has Mark of the Wolves (DC) for $31.95!!

Nope, PS2 version was only released in Japan. I'm tempted so I can see what the translations are but I don't think it'd be wise to spend over $60 combined even though it is an awesome game. Hope a CAG picks it up so I won't be so tempted anymore......

You can find a better price on eBay but you can't trade some crappy games in to lessen the price. This is also an established business and not some guy from eBay. Sometimes, it's better to pay a premium for something. God, I sound like an eStarland fanboy.

I picked up this game years ago in a Best Buy during the original final days of the dreamcast. It has been a while since I played it but I recall it being fun and used the usual SNK controls.

So you guys recommend eS?

I've always wanted to give them a shot, but was hesitant.

They seem to have decent trade in values, especially for some of the all but worthless stuff. How strict are they on disc scrathes and such.

estarland is reputable, but I'm not sure how they stay in business. Imports, I guess. Their game prices seem really high, but their trade in values are great and of course they charge the same hardware prices as anyone else so it's a good system to work. I got my 360 from them by flipping the crappiest clearance games. I also have enough credit still for a Wii, once they're finally in stock.

They're very reputable. I don't know how they stay in business either. I think because they're not a brick and mortar business, they can offer better trade in values and slightly better prices on used games. This also allows them to carry a more diverse inventory. Where else can you find the new releases, imports, and classic gaming stuff other than ebay?

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']estarland is pretty good. They usually give more credit for older stuff than gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that they even give out credit for the classic systems, something EBGS dropped a while ago (and GC might drop soon).

so i looked up some prices of trade-ins...they've got that mark of the wolves got (jp version) for $300 trade-in value!

[quote name='Foo228']so i looked up some prices of trade-ins...they've got that mark of the wolves got (jp version) for $300 trade-in value![/QUOTE]

That's for the Neo Geo version.

it's still on the fence for me.....i've got some games that aren't moving from my trade list and i'm sure I can find a good home for it.

[quote name='v0yce']So you guys recommend eS?

I've always wanted to give them a shot, but was hesitant.

They seem to have decent trade in values, especially for some of the all but worthless stuff. How strict are they on disc scrathes and such.[/quote]

I traded in a crap load of stuff there, had $270 in credit. There prices are suspect sometimes (ex. they reduce the MSRP when they feel like it, which is rare) but they deliver purchases quickly.

The only other thing I can say is that their C/S absolutely sucks. They have yet to send back my boxes on a couple of trades that I sent in with no games in them. (MSR was in my DC, and MLB was in my PSP)

For the most part the experience has been ok, not great. Hope that helps!!

Wait a minute. What are you talking about? You traded in systems but forget to check for games in them before you shipped? Your story isn't very clear.

from a buying standpoint, I've been pleased with estarland. I purchased Cubivore for GC and it arrived as described (new) and relatively quickly (don't remember how long).

I've bought and traded in many times and I've never had a problem. It's good that they allow you to ship 2 weeks after you receive your items. I've also never had an item denied for trade in. If you keep your games in mint condition, you should have no problem with them.

[quote name='depascal22']Wait a minute. What are you talking about? You traded in systems but forget to check for games in them before you shipped? Your story isn't very clear.[/quote]

Metropolis Street Racer was in my DC, had not played it in years.

MLB 06 was in my PSP case.

Is that clear enough??

[quote name='linkmon']Metropolis Street Racer was in my DC, had not played it in years.

MLB 06 was in my PSP case.

Is that clear enough??[/quote]

Hey. Don't get all pissy with me because you didn't check your systems before you sent them out. Seems kind of shady to badmouth a company when it's partly your fault. This must happen all the time but it's hard for any company to track down items that aren't in the inventory.

[quote name='depascal22']Wait a minute. What are you talking about? You traded in systems but forget to check for games in them before you shipped? Your story isn't very clear.[/QUOTE]
No, he traded in empty game boxes because he left the games in systems. Not sure how you wouldn't look inside a case before you traded it in.

They do say they will return rejected trades at your expense within two weeks though, so if you paid to have them returned it does become their fault again.

Got ya. Sory for the confusion. Still a silly mistake to be pissed off about. I'd rather send the discs in to complete the trade instead of getting the empty cases back. That way they can figure out how to find the boxes.

bread's done
Back