eStarland.com Import PS3's IN STOCK NOW!!! $1,100

wont play ps1 or ps2 american games. ill pass but good looking out for the rest of us. thanks op

[quote name='thagoat']wont play ps1 or ps2 american games. ill pass but good looking out for the rest of us. thanks op[/quote]

Yes, but it will play Japanese PS1 and PS2 games. I know a lot of people who own Japanese PS2's just for this reason :applause:

theres a good reason theyre still in stock. damn that price! but good eye, o.p. let us know if they get the american version in.

When I get around to buying a PS3 for myself, I'll most definitely get an import version.

I sold my Magic-3 PS2 awhile back, and so I have lots of import PS1/PS2 titles that sit unplayed.

I've heard that the JPN PS3's can play both games AND movies from either region, and so that makes it the perfect system for someone who already owns a US PS2 and plans to leave it hooked up.

Hell, I've got vacation time coming up, I might have to take a week in Japan and go pick it up at Sofmap in person.

[quote name='WanganRunner']I've heard that the JPN PS3's can play both games AND movies from either region.[/quote]nope, it wont play american ps1 and ps2 games. the blu ray and ps3 games are region free AT THE MOMENT. Sony said this could change.

[quote name='thagoat']nope, it wont play american ps1 and ps2 games. the blu ray and ps3 games are region free AT THE MOMENT. Sony said this could change.[/quote]

I think what Sony said was that they would leave it to the game developers whether they want to implement region locks on the games they develop. The system itself is designed to allow region free PS3 games. So it's the game developers who might screw you :roll:

Also it should never have any problem playing US Blu-ray movies. Japan and USA are in the same region (A/1), and that is hard coded into the PS3 AND all the Blu-Ray movies.

Finally, check out my new thread about the Walmart.com bundles. $1,421.98 ouch!!!

bread's done
Back