Eternal Poison Preorder - Soundtrack CD and 100 Page Artbook - $36.99 shipped!

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Not a bad deal at all, especially if you're into Atlas RPGs

http://www.amazon.com/Eternal-Poiso..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221169285&sr=1-1

Pre-order Bonus: "Eternal Poison" Extras

The "Eternal Poison" two-disc set includes the game and a soundtrack CD featuring 25 compositions from the game's score. Pre-order now and also get a collectible, 100-page art book with designs from the game. Only available for a limited time while supplies last. The extras will come packaged inside the box with your game. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible.

ref=amb_link_7546412_1

[quote name='Tom Ato']I'm still not sold on the game. The gameplay videos seemed sorta bland and slow. I think I'll wait.[/quote]

same

The art book does make it look really enticing, but I've heard the game is kind of generic. While I've already preordered Persona 4, I might just wait to buy this one used.

Like the extras but I'm worried about the gameplay. Saw a gameplay vid that had long loading times, so I think I'm gonna pass for now.

[quote name='Tom Ato']I'm still not sold on the game. The gameplay videos seemed sorta bland and slow. I think I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

I agree but the artwork looks amazing...

Has anyone received theirs from Amazon? Is the artbook pre-bundled with the game in a special box?

The preorder bonus disappeared from their website last week. I hope Amazon would handle the bonus situation better than previous fiasco.

[quote name='eau']Has anyone received theirs from Amazon? Is the artbook pre-bundled with the game in a special box?

The preorder bonus disappeared from their website last week. I hope Amazon would handle the bonus situation better than previous fiasco.[/quote]

No outer box. Snrinkwrapped to the game(game is shrinkwrapped as well.) They are stuck together by 4 pieces of sticky tac so be careful when pulling it off as I bent my back cover ever so slightly.

I'm pretty sure Atlus will make sure that everyone who preordered gets a copy of the art book; that's usually how it works with them--print enough for the preorders.

[quote name='jacknicklson']No outer box. Snrinkwrapped to the game(game is shrinkwrapped as well.) They are stuck together by 4 pieces of sticky tac so be careful when pulling it off as I bent my back cover ever so slightly.[/quote]
Just got mine too. The outer shrinkwrap actually winkles the back of the game case to hell. The artbook is slightly larger than the game case so the shrinkwrap bends the protruding sides around the game case such that the artbook is no longer flat straight. They could have simply used a cardboard backing to prevent the problem. Ticks me off a little but I'm not going to complain.

^^^Got mine today too, with the same minor gripes as eau above me wrote. Was surprised I had a package from Amazon since I ordered it so long ago and completely forgot about it until now. The artwork is outstanding! I need to finish off a few other titles I started first before I can begin playing it though.

I don't mind paying a premium price for Atlus PS2 titles since it saves me the frustration of having to hunt them down later, whether it be for clearance sales or scarcity. Plus I don't mind giving Atlus my money and support. Much rather they get it than EA.

I saw the gameplay of Eternal Poison (aka Poison Pink in Japan) on youtube and it looked rather boring. The art work looks good but I wish the gameplay was more animated.

Is anyone selling their artbook yet? Emailed Amazon if its possible they have some laying around & got a No in return :(

Sucks that I even had it preordered 2 weeks before release & had to cancel everything up to December since I was going broke. & yeah....$10 is my starting price :D

[quote name='eau']Just got mine too. The outer shrinkwrap actually winkles the back of the game case to hell. The artbook is slightly larger than the game case so the shrinkwrap bends the protruding sides around the game case such that the artbook is no longer flat straight. They could have simply used a cardboard backing to prevent the problem. Ticks me off a little but I'm not going to complain.[/QUOTE]
I agree

It's just shrink wrapped together? That's weak... I was hoping it would be in some sort of an extra sleeve or box.

Another strike against Atlus if mine is damaged in anyway- when I buy something new, I expect it to be in new condition.:whistle2:x

Start with the open end of the artbook and bend slowly at a corner of the cover while providing a strong foundation to the areas next to the stickies. No damage or mark on my artbook at all.

Jeez, you guys really having trouble separating them? I removed mine from the case with no rips or tears. Just lift the artbook gently from the game case.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Jeez, you guys really having trouble separating them? I removed mine from the case with no rips or tears. Just lift the artbook gently from the game case.[/QUOTE]

Same here, no problems at all. I think that helped that I brought it in from the mailbox when it was about 20 degrees and opened it right off. The glue they used was not sticky due to the cold. I did not even realize that there was an adhesive until I tired to pick the game off the counter and it was stuck to the table. The art book is so glossy I could not see this adhesive as more than just some to keep the book marginally in place.

1. So How is the game so far to those that got it?

2. You guys really should complain, regardless of if this one is Atluses fault or not Amazon has done a HORRID job shipping stuff recently and is really going down hill fast.

Debating if I want to pick this up or try and ask for it for Christmas but probably not get it.....

[quote name='Link927']Interesting, did Atlus make that shrinkwrap? When I bought it from GS, the artbook was seperate from the game.[/QUOTE]

No, that's an Amazon thing. The last few movies and games I've bought from them either come shrink wrapped together or to a small piece of cardboard.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Is this preorder bonus thing still alive? hmm.. this hosuld have gone to graveyard if not...[/QUOTE]

Highly doubtful. The artbook offer was gone from the page before the game even released.

[quote name='Starky27']Highly doubtful. The artbook offer was gone from the page before the game even released.[/QUOTE]

Bah thought it was still part of it. Gah, really blows I hadnt noticed this deal while it was alive.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Bah thought it was still part of it. Gah, really blows I hadnt noticed this deal while it was alive.[/quote]Looks like they're already starting to show up on eBay... prices are all over the place, from $5 to $35.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Looks like they're already starting to show up on eBay... prices are all over the place, from $5 to $35.[/QUOTE]

When I just checked almost all of the books were around $15-$25. At $40 for game and extras I would have gladly bit....but screw paying like $55 for everything.

[quote name='MSI Magus']1. So How is the game so far to those that got it?[/QUOTE]

Not too bad. I only played 2 or so maps however.

Thank god you can turn off the battle animations, that should make battles go by much quicker.

Ugh, fuck the packaging, man. Gluing the art book to the cellophane? Uh...what? It left residue on my artbook and bent the back cover a bit. Also, the outer shrink wrap was too tight and bent the corners of the book. Luckily, they can be bent back easily enough.

God damnit. :I

[quote name='Maromi']Ugh, fuck the packaging, man. Gluing the art book to the cellophane? Uh...what? It left residue on my artbook and bent the back cover a bit. Also, the outer shrink wrap was too tight and bent the corners of the book. Luckily, they can be bent back easily enough.

God damnit. :I[/QUOTE]

Like I said contact amazon. Its bull shit that they have been doing stuff like this or shipping stuff in paper containers essentially ensuring your stuff gets damaged.

Got mine today. I'm just glad I had already read that the artbook was stickied onto the game. I probably would have ripped the back cover off opening it up if I hadn't known to be super careful.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Got mine today. I'm just glad I had already read that the artbook was stickied onto the game. I probably would have ripped the back cover off opening it up if I hadn't known to be super careful.[/QUOTE]

Wait yours came with an art book? When did you order it. If they are still sending them out with art books im sooooo buying!

Check the Amazon page and see, MSI Magus -- it's not likely that the preorder perks are still available, but it's possible. Worth a glance.

You can still preorder P4 and get the extras for that game, if in fact you haven't already.

I received EP last weekend. Yes, it's annoying there isn't a slipcase (as there was for P3 and DDS), but not really disappointing, since the goods are there.

(If the recession continues to spiral downward and I lose my job in January, MSI Magus, you have my promise I'll sell you everything in perfect condition for exactly what I paid. If you still want it in January, send me a PM.)

The preoder extras look very stylized and fun -- I hope I still have a job in January and can keep this! It will suck vast menhirs not being able to play the game for a month just to be sure.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wait yours came with an art book? When did you order it. If they are still sending them out with art books im sooooo buying![/quote]
Yeah, it was a preorder. I had it in an order with Luminous Arc 2, so they could ship together. Amazon held Eternal Poison until the release date of LA2... then shipped them both separately. Go figure.

bread's done
Back