Eternal Sonata $35 USED at Gamestop

$40 new? dang it, I thought this was a better deal than that. I was about ready to sell a kidney but I might hold off now.

[quote name='NRPinguino04']$40 new? dang it, I thought this was a better deal than that. I was about ready to sell a kidney but I might hold off now.[/quote]

Basically, if the game is in print, GS's used price is $5 off.

[quote name='Methadon']Basically, if the game is in print, GS's used price is $5 off.[/quote]

I know, but I was hoping the retail price was still $60, or possibly $160 due to it being a sleeper hit that is becoming rare since nobodies buying it. Therefore making me feel better about myself. But since it's not much of a deal I guess I'll wait til it's even cheaper? better luck next time.

[quote name='NRPinguino04']I know, but I was hoping the retail price was still $60, or possibly $160 due to it being a sleeper hit that is becoming rare since nobodies buying it. Therefore making me feel better about myself. But since it's not much of a deal I guess I'll wait til it's even cheaper? better luck next time.[/quote]

I don't think this game will reach $160 status without inflation being the leading cause.

Its a little bit over 32$ if you have a edge card... Cheaper then Gameflys by a couple cents :p

As for being worth it... its one of my least favorate RPG's i have played in the past years... They cut lots of corners.. Not even new weapon arts when you upgrade.. that's something im personaly nitpicky about.

Guys, don't buy from Gamestop or any of their affiliates. They rip gamers off and are way overpriced. The word Gamestop should be censored here.

$30 for a game that won't come with a case and manual and will probably be in such bad shape it won't even be playable.

Just spring the extra $10 and buy it new from an Independant retailer.

[quote name='NoHo']$30 for a game that won't come with a case and manual and will probably be in such bad shape it won't even be playable.

Just spring the extra $10 and buy it new from an Independant retailer.[/QUOTE]

I don't know when was the last time I got a new release game from GS without a case/manual. It seems like the number of morons who throw away their cases/discs have decreased with time.

And what retailer has this for $40? I'd be interested in a new copy for $40.

[quote name='NoHo']$30 for a game that won't come with a case and manual and will probably be in such bad shape it won't even be playable.

Just spring the extra $10 and buy it new from an Independant retailer.[/quote]

Someone has large ideals and an even bigger pocketbook - this is cheapassgamer, not makeastandbypayingmoremoneygamer.

Have you ever actually ordered from them? And if you did, have you ever heard of returning an unsatisfactory purchase? Yes, there is a chance you will get something that doesn't meet your expectations, but you can return it. I've gotten probably 20 used games from gamestop.com over the last five years and every single one is as I expected or better. And If I ever do get one that is stripped and unplayable, you can be sure I'm getting my money back.

I just showed this to a friend who is a Gamefly member and he is going to take the dreaded Gamestop plunge instead, it saves him a couple more dollars.

Everytime I've ordered a used game from Gamestop.com it's always come with no case or manual and sometimes in such bad shape that it won't even play.

I also hate the fact that you can't exchange them at your local Gamestop because they say it throws off inventory. I hate that.

I'm just not a big fan of Gamestop. The deals they have are never really better than you can find somewhere else and their customer service is horrendous.

[quote name='NoHo']I also hate the fact that you can't exchange them at your local Gamestop because they say it throws off inventory. I hate that. [/quote]
This is actually a very valid complaint that someone ordering will need to take into consideration. However, just because "every time" you've ordered you've received something unplayable it does not mean that that is everyone's experience. It's just not a realistic business model.

Most of us here hate Gamestop for one reason or another. They're a great whipping boy. But occassionally they have a trade-in deal or price drop that's better than everyone else, and that's when you pounce. Go where the math takes you. In this case, they're the cheapest.

All right everyone, I promise I'll stop turning this into yet another gamestop/no-gamestop thread. This is a good deal. Thank you, OP.

Actually, if you go get it B&M, you can combine it with the Edge card and the 10% coupon floating around.. I got it for around 28..

But let me say this; IMO, it wasn't worth it. It was an average RPG with nothing standing out, really. Save yourself the money and get something like Lost Oddessey (sp? :p)

so its really not that good? better than Symphonia? Kaitos? The NAMCO GC games were decent and I am in the middle of Lost O. Sonata sure LOOKS pretty. Length?

[quote name='vrblknch']so its really not that good? better than Symphonia? Kaitos? The NAMCO GC games were decent and I am in the middle of Lost O. Sonata sure LOOKS pretty. Length?[/quote]
I've only watched a friend play for about three hours, but I'd say the other games you mentioned are better overall games. However, Eternal Sonata is very pretty, and puts you in a different state of mind than most other games, RPG's especially. $20-$30 seems to be a fair price for it based on what I saw (if you like music especially), but I can't attest to the total length of the game.

[quote name='Vinny']

And what retailer has this for $40? I'd be interested in a new copy for $40.[/quote]

The MSRP is now $40....get it off amazon if you can.

bread's done
Back