Eternal Sonata??

Faytz

CAGiversary!
I want to preorder the game Eternal Sonata, where is the best place to preorder this either online or in store?

Right now I know both amazon and eb asking for 64.99 without taxes... and I was wondering if there's a place that's cheaper to preorder this game (like maybe future shop or best buy since they usually have their games 10 dollars cheaper...)

Main reason I want to preorder the gme is for the faceplate.... Since there's 5 different face plates I'm gussing you just get a random one instead of getting to choose.... Anyone know? Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Unfortunately the faceplate is a US Gamespot / EBgames promotion. Pretty sure we won't be getting the faceplate here in Canada. I tried to find a way, I was even going to order from EBGames.com US site and was told they couldn't ship it to Canada. I preordered from my local EBGames here but no faceplate deal.

According to Chopin at Endless Nocturne (see sig), EB Canada will have the Polka Faceplate. I asked at my EB and the guy (nice person, actually knew what he was doing) said that they usually get pre-order gifts late. For example, they JUST got the Guild Wars pre-order gift this week even though it came out ages ago. They also got the Tales of the Abyss gift (which I never received) months after it came out.

So you can pre-order there, maybe ask them to note to call you once the gift comes in or just keep checking in every once in a while.

I tried to pre-order by changing my Assassin's Creed Trade 3 for Free to Eternal Sonata, but they wouldn't let me. The crappy part was that when I pre-ordered AC the sales rep told me that I could change it to ES later (I pre-ordered during the time when any game was pre-orderable, but Eternal Sonata wasn't in their system). Even worse, I'm pretty sure the guy who told the sales rep I can't do it was the same bastard who told me I could in the first place...

[quote name='mkrowe']Unfortunately the faceplate is a US Gamespot / EBgames promotion. Pretty sure we won't be getting the faceplate here in Canada. I tried to find a way, I was even going to order from EBGames.com US site and was told they couldn't ship it to Canada. I preordered from my local EBGames here but no faceplate deal.[/quote]

Really?! I thought eb games don't know if there's addictional bonuses until the item arrives... That sucks ;_; the faceplates look so nice too...

[quote name='Firestorm']According to Chopin at Endless Nocturne (see sig), EB Canada will have the Polka Faceplate. I asked at my EB and the guy (nice person, actually knew what he was doing) said that they usually get pre-order gifts late. For example, they JUST got the Guild Wars pre-order gift this week even though it came out ages ago. They also got the Tales of the Abyss gift (which I never received) months after it came out.

So you can pre-order there, maybe ask them to note to call you once the gift comes in or just keep checking in every once in a while.

I tried to pre-order by changing my Assassin's Creed Trade 3 for Free to Eternal Sonata, but they wouldn't let me. The crappy part was that when I pre-ordered AC the sales rep told me that I could change it to ES later (I pre-ordered during the time when any game was pre-orderable, but Eternal Sonata wasn't in their system). Even worse, I'm pretty sure the guy who told the sales rep I can't do it was the same bastard who told me I could in the first place...[/quote]

Wow that sucks.... I wonder if they're still doing the trade 3 in for a preorder... if they are I can just grab the games at rogers and trade them in for it... (50 dollars is still better 64.99)

[quote name='King']Aw crap I was going to change my trade 3 for free to Eternal Sonata.[/quote]

My guy was going to do it, but his problem was that Eternal Sonata was $65 while Assassin's Creed was $70. So he didn't know how to transfer it due to the $5. The Assistant Manager, who again I'm pretty sure is the one who said I could do it in the first place, said I could only change it to another Trade 3 game.

I know that's the rule, but it just irks me that I was told differently when I first pre-ordered.

Cool Firestorm, when I pick up my pre-order I will see if they know anything at that point... I was going to look on Ebay shortly after the game is out, that's probably the best bet. I got my Blue Dragon faceplate that way.

I just checked the ebay for the blue dragon faceplate. It states the item comes from Hong Kong... I wonder if they have the preorder faceplates for sale in their store or something... if that's true and it's not that expensive I can always ask my mom (who just left to hong kong today) to grab one for me..... I better start finding out the game's chinese names...

not to change topics, but could we start a thread about promotional items? is there a place to find out what you could/shouldhave got?

like tales of the abyss. i would have liked to have gotten the promo item when I preordered but wasnt told.

I did get this old school pin-up girl calender for battlestations midway.

We could, but the problem is half the time we don't even know what applies to Canada and what doesn't =( I knew there was a promo item for Abyss and I asked for like a week or two, but it took much longer for them to get it.

[quote name='Firestorm']My guy was going to do it, but his problem was that Eternal Sonata was $65 while Assassin's Creed was $70. So he didn't know how to transfer it due to the $5. The Assistant Manager, who again I'm pretty sure is the one who said I could do it in the first place, said I could only change it to another Trade 3 game.

I know that's the rule, but it just irks me that I was told differently when I first pre-ordered.[/quote]

I have been told the same thing before. That is, that I can trade 3 now and change the pre-order for anything else. Unfortunately I have learned that depending on the person that is not always true. Even trying to get the credit applied to a collector's edition is difficult....

Such a love/hate relationship with EB lol.

we get shafted on A LOT of preorder bonuses though, the pokemon stylus comes to mind first, eternal sonata faceplates are a close second, i wanted the allegretto one SO BAD

i'm just glad i got my castlevania anniversary preorder bonus

[quote name='Firestorm']According to Chopin at Endless Nocturne (see sig), EB Canada will have the Polka Faceplate. I asked at my EB and the guy (nice person, actually knew what he was doing) said that they usually get pre-order gifts late.[/quote]

Good stuff, i'm pretty close with some of the EB employees (i'm that guy that comes in and trades in LOADS of games) so they'll probably hook me up with a faceplate when it comes in, until then i'll be playing metroid prime 3 :)

I've asked on Endless Nocturne and EB, but nobody can seem to confirm that the Polka faceplate is a preorder bonus (ie: just for sale, not as a gift). Chopin says we get it in Canada, but never mentions it actually being a preorder bonus :\

[quote name='Firestorm']Ugh, you're right. I re-read it and it doesn't say if it's just for sale or as a pre-order bonus =/[/quote]argh what a pain, my local EB also told me we aren't getting any preorder faceplates for it (oakridge location)

[quote name='maigoyume']argh what a pain, my local EB also told me we aren't getting any preorder faceplates for it (oakridge location)[/quote]

Usually when I go ask they just tell me they won't know until the item comes in... and that's from the eb at metrotown and it really ticks me off... :S I'll probably preorder more IF they can actually tell us if we're getting the bonuses..

It's quite nice that they're actually committing to some of them with the flyer lately :applause: For a while they would do that for anything.

[quote name='Faytz']I'll probably preorder more IF they can actually tell us if we're getting the bonuses..[/quote]
Ditto, I don't preorder anything unless there's a good reason to. It's not as if I need new games, I have piles of games that I haven't even cracked open.

For preorder goodies I usually just eBay for them, then wait till I can find the game cheap. So I basically pay what the game cost (or less) and get all the goodies that didn't come up here.

Apparently the Yanks can get their faceplates today.

Of course, I popped into the local EB and they were "WTF?" when I asked them about faceplates *sigh*I

The flyers for Best Buy or something said 19th as well. We usually have a bit of a delay for low profile games =/ I remember waiting like 2 days for Tales of the Abyss and about 4 days for Phoenix Wright: JFA

My EB says that anyone who preordered will be getting the faceplate, as they shipped out on Friday.

Lethbridge, AB if that helps any. Of course until I have the faceplate in my hands I don't put 100% trust into this. We'll see what happens.

Just went to my Gamestop after school and they say they will have it in tomorrow. Was really hoping I could pick it up today, oh well

Got my faceplate for preordering tonight. In Canada it appears they only have 3 to choose from instead of the 5 they have in the U.S. but I did get to pick. I chose the girl, sorry don't know her name yet. They said they should have copies of the game tomorrow, can't wait!

Wow, this whole Eternal Sonata release is YMMV in general. Some releases tomorrow, some wednesday, some places got 3 faceplates, 1 faceplate, or the employees are clueless as to WTF we are actually getting :\

Or they tell customers they can't preorder the day before it comes out -.-;; No face plate in though (Metrotown Location in Vancouver anyway)

Every Store got Faceplates on Van Island. Game is not out yet and I have seen all five faceplates. Looks like it is just random as they all have the same sku. If the store has SKATE for 360 then they should have the faceplates. shipped together.

faceplates received is dependant on # of preorders, the oakridge EB received all five (only 5 preorders total) i got there quick so i got first pick, grabbed polka for myself ;) oh and the game should be in by tm

[quote name='imcrazy']Picked up my copy here in Winnipeg. Got the Chopin faceplate to which was the one I wanted.

Today is a good day.[/QUOTE]
Location? One at Polo Park said 19th originally but I'll probably give them another call to make sure they actually got it.

EDIT: Just picked up my copy and the Chopin faceplate. They had 5 plates left after I got mine. Guess I'm never going to trust EB with release dates again heh.

[quote name='mrelusive']EDIT: Just picked up my copy and the Chopin faceplate. They had 5 plates left after I got mine. Guess I'm never going to trust EB with release dates again heh.[/quote]
They had 3 after I left with mine =) (Polo anyways)

Hmmm I already have too many games and not enough time, but I just heard that the PS3 version of this game will have additional storylines/bonus in game stuff.

Not a fanboy either way, but now I'm thinking of waiting for the timed exclusive to run out and buy it then.

[quote name='chemgear']Hmmm I already have too many games and not enough time, but I just heard that the PS3 version of this game will have additional storylines/bonus in game stuff.[/quote]
Meh that stuff will end up popping up on XBL anyway.

[quote name='maigoyume']hmm? i thought this was a console exclusive[/quote]
It was. Namco being the smart guys they are announced the improved port like a week ago. Great idea, make us wonder if we even want this version now :roll:

[quote name='ragnar14']It was. Namco being the smart guys they are announced the improved port like a week ago. Great idea, make us wonder if we even want this version now :roll:[/quote]ah well thats fine, i'm not paying for a ps3 just for a bit extra, probably throw the bonus stuff onto xbox live anyways

[quote name='maigoyume']probably throw the bonus stuff onto xbox live anyways[/quote]

Yup, says "Content Download" as one of the game's features right on the back of the box.

Would be cool if the 360 version got that clothing change DLC sometime. That's what I don't really like about JRPGS. Avatars pretty much look the same throughout the game :\

ever played legend of legaia? that was a badass game, you could equip earrings and better arms and your char would be wearing the stuff

bread's done
Back