Ethernet-to-Wireless Adapter problems!

TheGreat2nd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Linksys WGA11B Wireless-B Game Adapter
Ethernet-to-Wireless Adapter showing up Wired

So, here's the problem.
It can connect to Xbox Live but it shows up as Wired on the tests, rather than wireless.
I got Xbox Silver account, registered through my Xbox.
I have Windows Media Connect, and it sees the Xbox 360.
I set permissions to allow sharing to it.
But, I still can't figure out how to make the Linksys adapter join my SSID network.
It won't show up.
WTF?

Doesn't anybody have a slight clue?

I have no idea how to make it wireless instead of wired.
I'm using the ethernet cable that came with the 360.
It's plugged one end into the back of the 360 and the other end into the gaming adapter.
Using infrastructure mode.
???

well not sure exactly what your problem is but i have a netgear wge111 or something. i had to intially plug it in my computer via ethernetand set up the settings through there. once i was done with that i just plugged it in and it connected to my 360. the only problem i have now is that everyday i have to unplug and replug it in to connect it up to my network. not sure if it helps you out though.

[quote name='tavarua88']well not sure exactly what your problem is but i have a netgear wge111 or something. i had to intially plug it in my computer via ethernetand set up the settings through there. once i was done with that i just plugged it in and it connected to my 360. the only problem i have now is that everyday i have to unplug and replug it in to connect it up to my network. not sure if it helps you out though.[/QUOTE]
I plug in my Linksys Gaming Adapter to the 360, using the ethernet cable that came with my 360.
I switch the Ethernet-to-Wireless Bridge to infrastructure mode and boot up the 360.
I test the connection, under settings.
It says, my connection is wired.
I am using a Wireless bridge.

Here comes the kicker.
I can connect to Xbox Live.
I set up my gamer account and all that, with my 360.
It connects to the Internet apparently, through my router.
Even if I have WEP.
Windows Media Connect has recognized the 360 and is sharing files.
When I search for computers on the 360, I cannot find any.

I allowed the default IP address of my 360 on my Norton Firewall.
I don't understand.
I test for media. Wired connection, IP address found, computer cannot be found. Failed.
Am I searching wrong or something?
I can play Xbox Live perfectly, just not connect to the media...

I have .net Framework 1.1
UpNp is active.
I am sharing an Internet Connection and file sharing to the other computer in my house.
What's wrong?

shadow9689 - try it with Norton Firewall and Windows Firewall completely turned off, just to completely eliminate these as the problems.

tavarua88 is also correct that you should have a CD to use to set the SSID and other settings via the computer. It has been a while since I have used the Linksys Gaming Adapter, they can be a little touchy sometimes. I am not so sure that this is your issue, since you can get out to Live. My bet is that it is the firewall.

I'm having the same problem. I have a wired connection with my 360. My PC and my 360 are sharing the same internet connection through a wired router. I can use Xbox Live fine and everything, but when I try to connect to my PC to stream music, it can't find my computer.

I don't know what to do with this.

I shut off Norton and such, and it still won't work.

Turns out I was connecting to my neighbor's router...
I plugged in the adapter to my router, set up the configuration, saved to profile1, and it worked.
:D

Thanks all

I am having similar probs as the rest of ya, but my problem is with WEP (ya I know it's pretty much lil-secure..but better than nothing).
Anyhow, if I enable WEP on my router + setup the linksys adapter, I can take it to any computer, and it works fine. But when I try to hook it to the xbox 360 it shows up as wired, so I get no option to enter the WEP code into the 360.
Is there a way to trick the 360 into thinking my adapter is wireless (which is it anyhow)?

I hate having to disable security in my router everytime I want to go "Live" on my 360 :p

bread's done
Back