Etrian Odyssey 3 $20 at Gamestop

It's the same price in store.

Grabbed this last night used for $17.99.

And no, Gamestop does not have a price guarantee unfortunately.

GREAT game! Without a doubt, one of the best RPG's on the system if you love a challenge, formulating strategies, and item/equipment collecting. However, it is also very slow-moving and I would steer clear if you are looking for something a little faster paced and a lot less hardcore. ;) I also own the first two, but I have not yet opened them as I had heard the third iteration would provide some improvements to the formula, so I thought it best to start there. I'd def like to go back and give the previous two a try at some point when I've got more free time.

Amazon's $26 includes a pretty cool artbook. The value of that and getting an actually new copy instead of newsed from GameStop might be worth the extra $6.

Not trying to start a flame war. The artbook is pretty sweet though.

yea, i PMed zon zon.

hopefully they price match before they sell out of the artbook, as i usually wont spend more than $20 on a DS game.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Everyone get this game.[/QUOTE]

Is that good? I'd debating it. If I had a B2G1 free i would of gotten it for sure with Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

Strange Journey was pretty decent, but I lost interest about halfway through. Definitely not one of the best SMT games that I've played. I know that it's become quite the collector's item and a bit difficult to find, but if you can get your hands on Sega's Infinite Space for the DS, you will not be disappointed! :) It's a great tactical space game!

[quote name='MaelstromB']GREAT game! Without a doubt, one of the best RPG's on the system if you love a challenge, formulating strategies, and item/equipment collecting. However, it is also very slow-moving and I would steer clear if you are looking for something a little faster paced and a lot less hardcore. ;) I also own the first two, but I have not yet opened them as I had heard the third iteration would provide some improvements to the formula, so I thought it best to start there. I'd def like to go back and give the previous two a try at some point when I've got more free time.[/QUOTE]

Part 2 is great as well, although easily exploited (as was part 1). I wouldn't say that 3 is better than 2, since they are pretty similar. Of course, part 2 doesn't have the boat sections.

So this game is a make your own story style? I don't get it. I saw some video reviews and I'm still confused as to what the appeal is.

[quote name='xRemnant']So this game is a make your own story style? I don't get it. I saw some video reviews and I'm still confused as to what the appeal is.[/QUOTE]
Old-school dungeon crawling, making your own characters, mapping the dungeons, and a great 8-bit (sort of) soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro.

Not for everybody... I like the art and the whole concept, but it had a very discouraging difficulty curve. I'm going to give it another shot one day, but this is definitely not a game you can pick up and play.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Old-school dungeon crawling, making your own characters, mapping the dungeons, and a great 8-bit (sort of) soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro.[/QUOTE]

oh, I guess I'm too young to understand that. I was 2 year old when i got NES. Did not get to play any RPG until SNES FF Mystic Quest. Did not really get into it till PSX FFVII. Maybe I will have to get it just to experience something new/old.

I'd really like to pick this up. The 2nd one was way too hard for me, but I still loved it. Maybe if I can find a few things to trade to bring the price down.

Sweet, picked up a (gasp -- sealed) copy at Gamestop today. I'm still on the 4th Stratum in EO2, but I definitely wanted to grab a copy before it sold out since GS is pretty much the only place to find these locally -- no other chains even stock it.

[quote name='technicalstylez']u can get the e.o. artbook at frys for 5 bucks. i saw 8 of them there last week.[/QUOTE]

Good for those who already bough the game!

If you want the game and the artbook together then Amazon your best bet.
http://www.amazon.com/Etrian-Odyssey-III-Drowned-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003S55EX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296546664&sr=8-1
$25.58 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

I guess the question is, if the Artbook is worth the 5 dollar. Well you pay roughly 1.4 dollar(7%) in tax from Gamestop. So is the Artbook worth 4 dollar?

Here a link to someone showing off the Artbook. Skip to 2:04 Min on the video. No, that is not me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVrWCPKvC_U

bread's done
Back