Eureka Season 1 DVD $9.99 Season 3.0 & 3.5 $14.99 each at Best Buy

Davestation

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I have been looking to get this series and saw on Amazon that season 1 was $19.99, I was so excited but I figured I would check Best Buy before I got it off of Amazon and to my surprice Best Buy had it for $9.99 and Seasons 3.0 and 3.5 are $14.99. Sorry no deal for season 2, if anyone can find one I would appreciate it. Here is the Link :bouncy:

Of course there is shipping and tax, but items are available for in store pick-up or free shipping for Reward Silver Members.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the interest of price comparisons / episode:
S1 = 12 episodes (13 total since the pilot episode is double length)
FYI, Pilot Episode of Eureka is currently FREE to own on Amazon video on demand if you want to try before you buy.
S2 = 13 episodes
S3.0 = 8 episodes
S3.5 = 10 episodes

May have to make a trip to Best Buy later. I also found a few other decent deals there as well on other first season sci-fi and usa shows.

BSG Season 1 - $12.99
Psych Season 1 - $14.99
Monk Season 1 - $14.99

There may be others, but my mind isn't working real well this morning.

I am in for Eureka season 1. I might go ahead and get BSG season 1 on dvd since I only have HD-DVD copy (since it is still cheaper than dvd haha).

Thanks, ordered 3.5 for store pickup with a $10 RZ certificate. I hate these splitting seasons--not only 2 purchases but also a waste of space. Also, any show that airs in HD should be released on Blu-ray!

[quote name='neonglow']I thought this was the anime, Eureka Seven and got excited. :cry:
Can someone give me a brief summary of this show?[/QUOTE]
Lazy :lol:

Light-hearted Sci-fi show with bits of humor set in present time. Eureka is a top-secret town founded back in the 1940's and supervised by the Department of Defense as a place for the world's most brilliant scientists which has resulted in the most of the technological advancements in the last 50 years. Experiments ranging from weapons technology, theoretical physics, biotechnology, and everything in between. A US marshal stumbles upon the town when he wrecks his car right when a mysterious time anomaly incapacitates the town sheriff and he steps in as a Federal officer to solve the mystery.

Upon solving the investigation he leaves Eureka only to find when he returns to his Washington Office that he has been transferred to serve as the new Sheriff of Eureka. So what happens when a man of average intelligence is tasked with policing a town full of geniuses? Experiments go awry and hi-jinx ensue. As I remember it, the pilot was one of the better episodes of Season 1 so check it out on amazon on demand and if you like it you will probably enjoy the series.

I only recently got into Eureka (as a BSG fan I started watching when I found out James Callis was joining the cast). I like it quite a bit. It's very very light sci-fi, but it's good fun with a charming cast. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, as long as you don't go in expecting hard-hitting sci-fi drama.

[quote name='bvharris']I only recently got into Eureka (as a BSG fan I started watching when I found out James Callis was joining the cast). I like it quite a bit. It's very very light sci-fi, but it's good fun with a charming cast. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, as long as you don't go in expecting hard-hitting sci-fi drama.[/QUOTE]

I think I might give it a go then. Loved BSG and I'm currently watching other shows that aren't sci-fi :( (Leverage, Nip/Tuck, White Collar to name a few). I guess I'll be picking up Eureka.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I think I might give it a go then. Loved BSG and I'm currently watching other shows that aren't sci-fi :( (Leverage, Nip/Tuck, White Collar to name a few). I guess I'll be picking up Eureka.[/QUOTE]

If you like it also check out Warehouse 13, it is the same type of light harded sci-fi. The two shows are supposed to intertwine this season. I tried to watch White Collar, but they took the Wall Street Gordon Gecko route with the bad guys. The criminals are all very smart, but get taken out by being dumb. I liked the concept but overall, it is a disapointing execution. The cast is good, the concept is good, they just need better writers.

bread's done
Back