Ever had a shady or terrible job experience and promptly quit?

A while ago I applied to work at an investment firm. The position sounded like a junior entry position, so it was assumed that I didnt need any of the advance licenses. I got a call the next day and I was scheduled for an appointment the next week. This is probably the fastest I've ever gotten a callback, and as usual, to make a good impression I did some research on the company. Turns out that it was a 100% commission based company. I also learned that they required you to hold various titles and licenses, which you would have to pay for, nearing probably $5000. Finally you had to find your own clientel. I mean, basically they were offering you a desk in their office while you did your own work, had to get your own licenses and hoped that it would translate to a paycheck. Called them back up the next day, told them I had to be out of town on a emergency and never looked back.

My girlfriend told me a story about working for one of those halloween stores a few years back. Basically she never got paid for working the last week before halloween. And the store basically picked up and disappeared a week after. She was never able to track them down, the manager avoided all of her calls. She and her coworkers all lost a good $300 each. Shady as fuck. Im sure that each store is its own franchise and has its own owner and all that, but still, damn those types of stores are a perfect example of being able to pick up and disappear.

yep did the same thing you did but for the police hated every damn day of it. that place pretty much killed my ability to talk kindly and patiently with people or to like msot people in general. my boss was an angry moody bitch who chain smoked and dressed 40 years too young for her age, her jobless cheating husband came to the office daily to hang out one of the managers looked like she had down syndrome and dressed like a hooker who had down syndrome and the majority of people only lasted maybe a week at most.

that was due to the ruling bitch in charge always screaming about quotas and being well a raving crazy skeleton bitch. i got to see slices of humanity id have prefered to never know existed and aside from the little while this hott model chick worked there nothing positive ever came from being there aside from the driving motivation to take school seriously.

oh yeah some weird pregnant chick kept flirting with me who btw had a huge husband in the military who seemed the jealous type.

[quote name='lordopus99']In relation to the topic, no I have not.

Semi-related though, I saw part of this video on Chelsea Lately last night and figured this thread was a good spot to share thus video.[/QUOTE]

Its not bad but it'll take a lot to beat the flight attendant that launched the emergency slide and grabbed a couple beers on the way out.

[quote name='Link927']A while ago I applied to work at an investment firm. The position sounded like a junior entry position, so it was assumed that I didnt need any of the advance licenses. I got a call the next day and I was scheduled for an appointment the next week. This is probably the fastest I've ever gotten a callback, and as usual, to make a good impression I did some research on the company. Turns out that it was a 100% commission based company. I also learned that they required you to hold various titles and licenses, which you would have to pay for, nearing probably $5000. Finally you had to find your own clientel. I mean, basically they were offering you a desk in their office while you did your own work, had to get your own licenses and hoped that it would translate to a paycheck. Called them back up the next day, told them I had to be out of town on a emergency and never looked back.

My girlfriend told me a story about working for one of those halloween stores a few years back. Basically she never got paid for working the last week before halloween. And the store basically picked up and disappeared a week after. She was never able to track them down, the manager avoided all of her calls. She and her coworkers all lost a good $300 each. Shady as fuck. Im sure that each store is its own franchise and has its own owner and all that, but still, damn those types of stores are a perfect example of being able to pick up and disappear.[/QUOTE]

The financial company sounds like how one of my former college colleagues got bamboozled. He ended up saying fuck it and is now currently living in Australia and it looks like he's having a blast. I've heard about the Halloween store scam before too.

[quote name='Habbler']If you have the personality to sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves its the job for you[/QUOTE]

But it's gotta be your bull.

I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?

Reading these stories really has me worried about what I will have to go through when I start looking for a new job in the near future. I hate dealing with shady, negative people.

I wasn't hired but I walked out without saying a word during an "interview" the moment I saw a pyramid being drawn in terms of my potential commissions.

[quote name='ced']I wasn't hired but I walked out without saying a word during an "interview" the moment I saw a pyramid being drawn in terms of my potential commissions.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I had a job as a cook in the back of this nice Amish restaurant. I was pumped because I was told I could make up to $10 an hour (seemed great in high school). At the end of the first day, I was emptying out the disgusting grease trays underneath the grill and spilled some of it on me. About gagged. It smelled awful. I called the boss the next morning and told him I didn't think this was the right job for me. He begged and pleaded that I would come in one more day, because they were shorthanded. So I did, but that was the end of my culinary career...

bread's done
Back