Ever missed a really good deal?

Azurken

CAGiversary!
or a really good oppurtunity to buy something for cheap? (video games related only please)

I just realized I ordered motorstorm, heavenly sword, unreal tournament 3(freeb2g1) and darksiders for about $38 but I wanted dante's inferno or even splinter cell, but I said no at the $40 price mark, but what I didn't know about was the 20FROM80 coupon from GS, too bad cause then I could have gotten another game + splinter cell or dante's inferno for about $20 which sounds about the right price there... now I have to wait for black friday....

I was really annoyed when I missed those Persona 2 reprints on Amazon last year. (Or was it the year before?) I needed the cash for other things and ended up watching the status of the game as it went out of stock.

Since then, I leave a little extra money in my budget that I call my "Persona Fund" in case something like this ever happens again. As of yet, it has yet to be exercised.

Years ago, in the early days of CAG, I missed out on the entire Circuit City $5 game clearance. I can't really complain, I was on vacation in Europe at the time. But it was sad to see that I missed one of the biggest clearances ever when I got back.

Oh don't feel bad about missing deals... Think of it as karma for saving money for the next deal :)

I feel bad for missing the Tekken 6 bundle for $30... I feel bad for missed out the Family Feud PSN game for $2... I feel quite envious of the CAG bought the PS3 for less than $150 from Amazon warehouse deals. And that delicious $99 GT PSP bundle... But that's okay, there bound to be more exciting deals to come :)

I'm sure there's plenty but the only recent one that I regret is the Prime Trilogy at BB. It was $20 and I figured it would keep dropping but then Nintendo decides to announce the game's OoP. Nintendo's never done that before... I was like, "I need to pick up a copy ASAP" but it was too late.

[quote name='msdmoney']Years ago, in the early days of CAG, I missed out on the entire Circuit City $5 game clearance. I can't really complain, I was on vacation in Europe at the time. But it was sad to see that I missed one of the biggest clearances ever when I got back.[/QUOTE]

That was an epic sale. The deal that made me a CAG.

[quote name='Vinny']
That was an epic sale. The deal that made me a CAG.[/QUOTE]

I still have games unopened from that sale... :whistle2:#

i've missed tons of really good deals. i think the only ones i've taken advatage of are the b2g1 from gohastings, and bioshock new for $10 from gamestop.

i skipped on the PAX EA sale.
splinter cell conviction collectors for $40 (i think it was 40)
i didn't sign up for the microsoft event thing where they gave away 10000 free halo odsts
someone offered me a 120gb 360 hdd for $45 shipped and i turned him down.
i was at sears on saturday and didn't price check any of the games in the clearence bin because they had $19.99 stickers on them, turns out they were like $1 each.
i missed almost every deal a few months ago when every store had an amazing deal.
so pretty much yea :D

I left a sealed non-GH copy of Castlevania Symphony of the Night at Gamestop because my gf was with me and didn't understand why I would want another copy of a game I already own. I didnt want to spend the $25 in front of her.

I rememeber looking at Earthbound SNES giant box with the strat guide clearenced out at an EB Games at the tail end of the SNES lifecycle and not getting it because I thought the graphics looked shitty.

When the Sega Satrun died I passed on sooo many games, including Panzer Dragoon Saga sealed for $20 (multiple copies) and import sealed Radiant Silvergun for $40.

[quote name='Draekon']Everyone who's been here a while has missed a really good deal at some point or another.[/QUOTE]

Truth, the good news is there's usually another one just round the corner.

I'm really mad I missed the Thanksgiving weekend sale at Hollywood video this past year. I thought they would be closed on Thanksgiving or the sale didn't start yet and didn't go until the next afternoon. The cashier told me people were walking out with STACKS of games the whole day before. I think I got RE5 for $5 and called it a day with what they had left

The CC $5 sale was madness as I worked there at the time and I found out about it by accident just scanning a few games. Needless to say, I spent about $250 that day and through various trades ended up with a PSP, Gamecube, DS, 7 new releases and about $200 bucks back in my pocket.

Then there was the EB Games glitch about 4 1/2 years ago. I was working there and there was supposed to be a promo B2 Pre-owned games, get $10 off..... Well, the system was taking any 2 pre-owned game, and marking them to $10 TOTAL!. Needless to say the store I worked at abused this hard and corporate was pissed, but they didn't send a memo out for like hours.

Haven't missed a lot of sales, but living in VT, our store choices are very limited, so you gotta stay on top of it

[quote name='seanr1221']Just missed the 1.00 tethering app yesterday :([/QUOTE]

damn, that was fast! Apple pull it already? It's a "do nothing" solid color screen displaying app... There will be other apps, Apple can't shut down everything :lol:

[quote name='Serpentor']just missed TRU's $20 deals... BS2 LE and GoW III UE :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

God Of War III Ultimate Edition for $20?:shock: Or was it $20 off the UE?

Anyway, my deal I wish I didn't miss was the B2G1F sale last fall that was glitched at Best Buy, where everybody was buying $5 copies of Rock Revolution and wedging recently released games in between and getting those $60 games for the $10 price of the two RR's.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']God Of War III Ultimate Edition for $20?:shock: Or was it $20 off the UE?

Anyway, my deal I wish I didn't miss was the B2G1F sale last fall that was glitched at Best Buy, where everybody was buying $5 copies of Rock Revolution and wedging recently released games in between and getting those $60 games for the $10 price of the two RR's.:cry:[/QUOTE]

$20 TOTAL for the UE. Yeah, it was that crazy dude.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']$20 TOTAL for the UE. Yeah, it was that crazy dude.[/QUOTE]
I guess I know where I'm going this morning bright and early. I'm gonna hit up both of my local TRU stores at opening, which means I probably won't be able to sleep much.

But who needs sleep when you can get a $100 SE/CE/UE for as low as 20% of it's normal price.:pray: Here's hoping they're in stock around here AND they're $20 apiece in store too.

Here's one, but this isn't exactly CAG-specific. It's just so horrific I have to mention it.

I was on eBay watching a sealed copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga that was at .99 cents and in 2 days absolutely no one had bid on it. It was being sold by a very reputable seller, it had actual pictures in the listing, etc. So there's 1 minute 45 seconds left in the auction and I was ready to pile it on yarkitty-style with like 20 windows open at once, and then as soon as I hit "bid"... my computer froze. After about 5 minutes my computer went back to normal and I checked the listing with my hands basically over my eyes...someone had won the game for $1.01. They got the game too, I saw the positive feedback they left the seller after receiving it. I actually have the game now, I bought it from a complete idiot for $30, but I still can't get over that $1.01 thing. So yeah, every other deal I have missed seems like small potatoes in comparison. $1.01.

bread's done
Back