Ever successfully used UPS My Choice to change a delivery address?

Renaissance 2K

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (81%)
I have a big UPS package incoming that requires a signature, but I'd like to avoid making the drive to the depot if possible. I signed up for the UPS My Choice free membership which allows me to tweak delivery details for a fee.

The UPS website is such a trainwreck, though. When I click "Change Delivery" on the tracking page, it tells me to sign up for "My Choice," even though I've already signed up and have logged in properly.

Has anybody been able to tweak their delivery using My Choice successfully? Am I missing a step, or is there something wrong with the UPS website?

Thanks.

The free version of UPS My Choice only gives you updates on when you have package incoming.

You have to sign up and pay ($40 a year, I think) for the premium service which is the that lets you change delivery address, hold packages, etc. even though they make it sound like it's part of the free program. When it tells you to sign up again, it's asking you to pay.

It's a very misleading and shady program.

[quote name='Vinny']The free version of UPS My Choice only gives you updates on when you have package incoming.

You have to sign up and pay ($40 a year, I think) for the premium service which is the that lets you change delivery address, hold packages, etc. even though they make it sound like it's part of the free program. When it tells you to sign up again, it's asking you to pay.

It's a very misleading and shady program.[/QUOTE]

That's not completely true. I only have the free plan and have been able to request both a "hold for pickup" and a "deliver next week".

Each of these cost $5, but you have to pay per occurrence even if you have the $40 plan.

[quote name='yourlefthand']That's not completely true. I only have the free plan and have been able to request both a "hold for pickup" and a "deliver next week".

Each of these cost $5, but you have to pay per occurrence even if you have the $40 plan.[/QUOTE]

When was this? I tried to get a hold package a few months ago and they kept asking me to sign up for their annual plan. I'm not sure if they changed it or what but I remember researching it and finding articles which also said that you have to pony up the annual fee to do anything useful.

[quote name='Vinny']When was this? I tried to get a hold package a few months ago and they kept asking me to sign up for their annual plan. I'm not sure if they changed it or what but I remember researching it and finding articles which also said that you have to pony up the annual fee to do anything useful.[/QUOTE]

I had them hold an item at the depot around July 4. I don't remember when I rescheduled the other package - I think it was around thanksgiving.

The big win with UPS my choice is being able to selectively have them drop it at my door or wait for a signature. I live in a condo complex and waiting around for low-value boxes was a pain.

Maybe I ran into the same glitch as OP then...? Because they sure as hell wouldn't give me the option to hold the package, deliver at a later time or change delivery address.

bread's done
Back