Ever wonder how many hours a game took? This thread answers! Help keep it updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My visits to CAG has been seldom at best, it's nice to see someone carry on this work.

Props to the OP. I'll contribute when I can.

Sega Genesis
Star Flight - 2 hours without exploration/ as long as you want with
Gunstar Heroes : 1:30 hours on normal
Streets of Rage 2 : 2 hours

I put away Super Paper Mario in just under 17 hours. I'm guessing that's pushing the bare minimum, no sidequesting or anything.

Lost Planet: - 7 - 10 hours (roughly 1 hr per mission)
NBA Street Homecourt (About 6-10 hours per player)
Rumble Roses XX (20-40 hours+ to unlock all girls and openings depending if you keep track and are efficient)
Test Drive Unlimited (20-40 hours+ single player)
Fight Night Round 3 (10-15 hours)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (10-20 hours, closer to 20 as the police chases get fairly long and tough towards the end)
Dead or Alive 4 (about 4-6 hours to get all videos)

XBox
Jade Empire (15-20 hours)
Genma Onimusha (8-12 hours)
Crimson Skies (8-12 hours)

[quote name='botticus']I put away Super Paper Mario in just under 17 hours. I'm guessing that's pushing the bare minimum, no sidequesting or anything.[/quote]Way to beat it! It's not even June yet! ;)

[quote name='botticus']I put away Super Paper Mario in just under 17 hours. I'm guessing that's pushing the bare minimum, no sidequesting or anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just finished at 36 hours. But keep in mind (for others, I know you know all this already Botticus ;)) I had to read all the text out loud to my kids, and I did spend some time on the Flipside pit and on some recipe/card collection and treasure hunting.

Here's a new one for the list:
:ps2: Tales of Legendia: 67 hours for completion of game and all character quests. You can hit the credits (main game complete) at around 35-40 hours. Much of the game's content comes after the initial ending though.

Alright, I'm sure you've all finished some games recently so lets see how long it took you.

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones in 25 hours.

Half-Life 2: Episode 1 in 4-6 hours.

Anyone have a clue how long the Star Craft and Brood Wars campaigns will take? I plan on picking those games up soon.

Finished Black last night. 5 hours. Good game but, wow that's short.

Can future posters PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say the platform or whether a game is multiplatform? I know some of them seem obvious, but I don't have much time for games these days so I don't always know where to put some of these games...

Amped 3 (X360) - 8 hours I guess to get a medal for all challenges, its only like 4 hours for the story line.

LOTR: BFME II (X360) - 10-12 hours (Good and Evil Campaign completed)

Kameo (X360) - 10 Hours (All Achievements)

[quote name='Rozz']Starfox Assault (GC) - 6 Hours (All missions complete)[/quote]

Also here's my review I just wrote on it

[quote name='Chacrana'] Gitaroo Man takes like 60-90 minutes.[/quote]

It only takes that long if you have beaten it before and are able to beat it. It took me hours upon hours to get passed that damn King Bee level and every level past it. I seriously spent about 3 hours trying to finish the last level. Now I can do it easily but this game take quite a bit longer if you are new to it. I would say about 10 hours.

Whh....whaaa??

I seriously just played through it for the first time a couple days ago and it took me that long. Stage 8 was a bastard, but that's about it.

Metroid Prime: I have a record of 3: 21 100% Everything and 2:24 Any%
Metroid Prime 2: Took me 3: 28 for 100% and 1:58 for Any%
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: About 92 Hours to get 100% Everything
Resident Evil 4: 5:44 on normal, I know, I can do better :/

I think the Lego Star Wars II one needs to be updated. I'm a VERY slow game player and usually take double what everyone else here does. You can complete all the story mode in LSW II (and thus "finish" the game) in 3-5 hours, easily. I got 100% completion on it (360 version) in 34, and that was with some time wasted trying to get achievements. I still need to go back and finish those off which will take some time, but the 100% at 40 hours in the OP is way overblown. If I can do it in 34, I'd say put 30 on there.

Here's a new one:
Chromehounds (360): 10 hours to complete the single-player, 16 or so to get all 'S' ranks.

Also, the OP needs to put Rogue Galaxy in there (PS2). I'd put 30-40 for main story, 100+ for 100% completion (I'm at 106 or so and have nearly everything done but just can't get myself to sink any more time into it).

I'm a bit surprised that Chrono Trigger isn't up there, for PS1 OR Super Nintendo.

In either case, it took me 17 hours to go through it once on the PS1 version, even with all the side-quests done. I got the SNES version recently, thanks to someone who didn't know the game's value and traded it in to GameCrazy while I was working there. Got it real cheap, too.

The Darkness for the 360 took about 8 hours. If you want to get every single unlockable then it'll probably extend it to about 11-12 hours.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Metroid Prime: I have a record of 3: 21 100% Everything and 2:24 Any%
Metroid Prime 2: Took me 3: 28 for 100% and 1:58 for Any%
[/quote]Those times are complete rubbish at least for playing through on your first time. Maybe that's a speed run because you know the game in and out but even that I HIGHLY doubt.

Gamecube:
Metroid Prime: Took me between 20 and 24 hours my first play through.

Metroid Prime 2: I am 21% complete at 8 hours and I'm trying to move as fast as I can while still scanning everything and not using a guide.

Both games should be listed as 15+ hour games if not a bare bones 20.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Resident Evil 4: 5:44 on normal, I know, I can do better :/[/quote]
That's garbage also. This thread isn't for a pat on your back for speed runs. It's for general gameplay times, not mastered gameplay times.

Gamecube:
Resident Evil 4 is also a 15-22 hour game. Depends on how much time you spend at shooting galleries.

PLEASE UPDATE THREAD OP and be careful of Ryonik's times because they are speed runs and are not first time through runs.

[quote name='Will D Thrill']Those times are complete rubbish at least for playing through on your first time. Maybe that's a speed run because you know the game in and out but even that I HIGHLY doubt.

Gamecube:
Metroid Prime: Took me between 20 and 24 hours my first play through.

Metroid Prime 2: I am 21% complete at 8 hours and I'm trying to move as fast as I can while still scanning everything and not using a guide.

Both games should be listed as 15+ hour games if not a bare bones 20.

That's garbage also. This thread isn't for a pat on your back for speed runs. It's for general gameplay times, not mastered gameplay times.

Gamecube:
Resident Evil 4 is also a 15-22 hour game. Depends on how much time you spend at shooting galleries.

PLEASE UPDATE THREAD OP and be careful of Ryonik's times because they are speed runs and are not first time through runs.[/quote]No way does RE4 take that long. Not in the least.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']No way does RE4 take that long. Not in the least.[/quote]RE4 is 14 hours on an inital run (i.e., base weapons) if you know mostly what you're doing; probably closer to 18 or 20 for a first play through when you'll die a lot.

That's of course just my experience. I tend to fight all the guys and try to explore all the nooks and crannies for more english muffins ammo & health.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']No way does RE4 take that long. Not in the least.[/quote]I guarantee my game save is more complete than yours if it took you less than 15 hours on an initial run.

There's also Mercenaries mode and the one extra mission. Although my 15-22 is with the main game without the extra mission and no Mercenaries.

Did you play that thing thoroughly, or was that just the main storyline. Either way, seems like it'll be a Nocturne-style endeavor in terms of length...

Wanted to add my 2 cents for Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime. The game only took me 9 hours to get all the slimes and even do a few of the optional tank battles. I'm sure it can be completely finished around 12 hours, so maybe we need an average there.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']...we need an average there.[/quote]

I agree, although that might just lead to more speed run gloating.

BTW, RE4 took me 24 hours to beat my first time through and it took my friend 22 hours to beat his first time through.

PS2 - Sly Cooper completed in 9 hours.

Just finished Company of Heroes (PC) in about 17-18 hours. I was able to get most of the medals.

Also I noticed Half Life 2: Episode 1 (PC) is incorrectly listed as 15 hours, this should be 5 hours. 15 hours sounds about right for Half Life 2 but not Episode 1.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Wanted to add my 2 cents for Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime. The game only took me 9 hours to get all the slimes and even do a few of the optional tank battles. I'm sure it can be completely finished around 12 hours, so maybe we need an average there.[/quote]

Duly noted and I agree w/ everyone else's opinion on RE4...I was right around 20 hours on my first play through with no guide, so I'm leaving it at 15-20...

Keep the additions coming

I personally just finished all the campaigns in Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS) and I'd say it took me (guestimating) roughly 40 hours.

If this sounds way off to someone else who has beat them all, let me know...I tend to be more deliberate to try to complete all the extra parts of the missions.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm a bit surprised that Chrono Trigger isn't up there, for PS1 OR Super Nintendo.

In either case, it took me 17 hours to go through it once on the PS1 version, even with all the side-quests done. I got the SNES version recently, thanks to someone who didn't know the game's value and traded it in to GameCrazy while I was working there. Got it real cheap, too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I remember when I beat Chrono Trigger for the first time. About 18:15, and I did all the side quests. My parents had just picked it up for my birthday, and I knocked it out three or four days later--I held my head in near shame as I walked into the living room.
"I beat it."
"Huh?"
"Chrono Trigger. I already finished it."
"You just got it!"
"I know. Eighteen hours. Wasn't as long as I was expecting."

It was $69.99 at Target. :lol: Absolutely worth every penny, to this day.

EDIT: FFXII is listed twice.

RE4 took me about 23 hours on the first play-through. My friend finished in about 25.

(PS2) Wild Arms 3 - 35***
Timer in game does not count conversation time, battle time. Only time walking. 35 is for nearly whole game completion. Real time would be about 60 or 70 hours.

(PC) Quest For Glory 1 : So You Want to Be A Hero - 2-4 hours

Maybe we can make this thread a sticky? More people would contribute to it if they saw it around.

The time stopped counting in one of my saves for Final Fantasy VII! I dont remember if it stopped at 59 or 99 hours, but I think it took a total of around 120 (all extras included and all characters at 99). Xenogears took me around 60 I think, add 20 to that if you plan on doing all the side quests.

[quote name='heavyd853']The time stopped counting in one of my saves for Final Fantasy VII! I dont remember if it stopped at 59 or 99 hours, but I think it took a total of around 120 (all extras included and all characters at 99). Xenogears took me around 60 I think, add 20 to that if you plan on doing all the side quests.[/QUOTE]
The time "maxes" at 99:59, I believe. Same with FFT. I think I spent about 120-130 with each.

Interesting thread. I'll be sure to contribute soon.

Right now I'm addicted to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GC) so will have a time probably in the next week or two.

Also working on beating Breakdown (Xbox). Didn't see it on the list yet so will try to post that time as well.

:ps2:
GrimGrimoire - 18-20 hours for the main storyline (I did a few bonus missions in that time, so I took my clock time of 20:14 and knocked a bit off).

I'm starting the rest of the bonus missions now and if I end up doing all of them I'll post a time for that later.

Digital Devil Saga 1- may not be completely accurate- game clock said 38 hours, I'd guess I have about 4 hours of "afk" and did a lot of grinding, but no secret bosses afterward, which would add a lot of time.

also, the last boss would've added an extra hour or more, but I skipped it and watched the ending on youtube because the last boss is about as fun and interesting as watching grass grow.

I think I may still have my old files for Paper Mario: TTYD. Can't remember them off the top of my head, but my gut says 40.

EDIT: N/M, it's already up there. Reading is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back