Excessive Shipping Charge Sellers...

Goodluck, hopefully Ebay will do something, I've reported all these sellers multiple times before but it never seems to do any good :(

Well, they should be allowed to charge whatever they want for shipping, you just dont have to buy it. They could claim excess is for handling but obviously its so they can just pull in extra revenue because I believe eBay doesnt take a cut of the shipping (but they take it later when you pay via paypal).

[quote name='briansraregames']I want to make up a list of the biggest violators of ebays excessive shipping charge policy so that I can report them to ebay and hopefully have someting happen. Could you guys please pass along any user IDs of powersellers who charge $6.95 or more for standard first class shipping? Thanks!

USER ID:

1BUSYMAN
PHOENIXTRADINGCOMPANY
VIDEOGAMESUPPLY[/QUOTE]

good luck with that cause there is no way to prove they are overcharing you. Shipping includes all handling fees and they can make the handling fess anything they want

there is one person charging like 22 to 25 bucks for each game shipped (says the place he gets them from charges this much to drop off the items something about drop shipment)_ and they said they cant combine shipping so 4 games will cost 100 bucks to ship LOL

sound like you just want us to report them so they wont compete with your sales LOL

I doubt $7 for first class is high enough for eBay to take action. $10 maybe. $20 hopefully.

Doesn't hurt to report them I guess.

You report offenders...50% of the time, the reported auctions are removed and they're relisted a short time later. All other auctions from the same seller, if any, are rarely ever affected if they weren't reported.

eBay only cracks down on the sellers who do .01 or

I've seen al ot of auctions where the seller explicitly says that shipping charges are non-negotiable and they do not offer shipping discounts.
They justify this by saying that shipping includes handling costs, which could stretch to truck maintenance costs to gas to manual labor.

I don't know, it might be a bit hard to prove. Besides, I think a huge majority of sellers overcharge for shipping, or seemingly do so (the nearest post office could very well be xx miles away).

Someone should have reported that 360 that was sold near launch for 1.00 & $700 shipping. Now that's truly excessive.

Good call Kendro!! We need a screenshot of that (I cant upload one at work).

I guess he will just report them or expects us to do it for him...

[quote name='Kendro']Um...shouldn't you add yourself to the list? Your charging $8.89 to ship Paper Mario via USPS Priority Mail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paper-Mario-Gamecube-Original-not-PC-no-best-seller-NEW_W0QQitemZ180047903890QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62053QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Your charging like $4 more than normal.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Considering I just shipped a large 14oz envelope with a GBA and carrying case for $6.85 priority with full insurance and delivery confirmation, $8.89 shipping is almost as ridiculous as his BIN. Almost.

What's even funnier about the TC's eBay listing is that he says Paper Mario for the GC is "rare."

If that's true, then I should rush out and buy the 90 copies I've seen all around town. I could pay off my outstanding debts just by selling these "rare" Paper Mario games on eBay.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']What's even funnier about the TC's eBay listing is that he says Paper Mario for the GC is "rare."

If that's true, then I should rush out and buy the 90 copies I've seen all around town. I could pay off my outstanding debts just by selling these "rare" Paper Mario games on eBay.[/QUOTE]

i think hes saying the

NO BEST SELLER on the box makes it rare

also isnt this the person who said they got 14x pokemon golds off the 3 for 10 gamecrazy sale. Probally sticking them all on ebay LOL

[quote name='slidecage']i think hes saying the

NO BEST SELLER on the box makes it rare

also isnt this the person who said they got 14x pokemon golds off the 3 for 10 gamecrazy sale. Probally sticking them all on ebay LOL[/quote]

Oh please.

It's still the same fucking game.

[quote name='JackSuper']well, this is the guy who bought games in bulk from gamefly with the intent to resell. except, gamefly denies sales to resellers. also, he sold the games he ordered from gamefly before he even received them.[/QUOTE]

No, that was Follandboy. And he was actually putting the buyer's address as the ship to on Gamefly (essentially using Gamefly as a drop shipper) and when GF noticed he had ordered 100+ games shipped to 100+ different addresses they put a hold on his account. At least I think that was the gist of what happened. (Can't find the thread - it may have been purged.)

This thread devolved fast. OP can set his asking price at whatever he wants. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Has anybody else check this goon's other eBay auctions?

$69.95 for Mario Power Tennis?
$39.95 for Legend of Zelda Wind Waker?
$69.95 for Mario Party 5?[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. It's very easy to get collectors to pay exorbitant sums of money for sealed non-PH/GH/PC games since they can't be purchased anymore and many people dislike the revised box art.

I sold a non-GH Silent Hill 2 I found in K-Mart for $10 for about $50 on eBay.. these people are weird, but there's certainly nothing wrong with capitalizing on them :p

[quote name='DustBoogie']Not surprising. It's very easy to get collectors to pay exorbitant sums of money for sealed non-PH/GH/PC games since they can't be purchased anymore and many people dislike the revised box art.

I sold a non-GH Silent Hill 2 I found in K-Mart for $10 for about $50 on eBay.. these people are weird, but there's certainly nothing wrong with capitalizing on them :p[/quote]

LOL, I'd be categorized as weird then. I bought an original version of MGS: Twin Snakes for $31 (oddly enough, I found out he was a CAG later on). I almost bought the OP's Paper Mario at $50, which is why I remember his shipping prices so well.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Has anybody else check this goon's other eBay auctions?

$69.95 for Mario Power Tennis?
$39.95 for Legend of Zelda Wind Waker?
$69.95 for Mario Party 5?[/QUOTE]

That's about what Mario Tennis is going for, one went for $72 from another seller, 2 other sellers sold MP5 for $66 and $82.

does nonplayer choice paper mario thousand year door even goes close to that amount?I know a mom and pop that have tons of these.

[quote name='fatbeer']does nonplayer choice paper mario thousand year door even goes close to that amount?I know a mom and pop that have tons of these.[/quote]

Where? I'm in NYC and I've been looking for a good deal on an original Paper Mario.

Are you trying to get these guys in trouble so that people will buy your over priced auctions? If so, you're gonna need to supply the world with a lot of crack, because that's what it will take for someone to buy Player's Choice games for 50$.

I'm pretty sure it non-player choice.They charge around $20-25.I'm know the owner very well. Go to the game expo,it's one street away from the tru in fulton mall or burger king.you can take train to dekalb or jay st.You can use google map or any map engiine to find it.

heres a mta map
http://mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

Game Expo 553 Fulton St,
Brooklyn, NY
(718) 834-1291

[quote name='briansraregames']excessive shipping charge policy[/quote]

Per your request I reported YOU for charging $9.00 to ship a $4 priority box.
Hope your auction gets pulled.
You're welcome.
:bouncy:

[edit] - [Why don't you give us a breakdown? Like this:
$2.00 ebay/paypal fees
+ $4.05 PRIORITY
=============
$6.05

Where's the extra $3 come into play?]

i normally make the charges low for the usa bidders($3 or so) but make damn sure to overcharge the foreign bidders up the ass($10 to 12 for a single game via airmail).

I can print the shipping label and avoid a trip to the PO for usa shipments but that is impossible for foreign shipments.

You can print out shipping lables for international shipments but you have to fill out the custom form online I think. I never looked into it because I rarely ship out of the US and just take them to the Post Office (usually 1 - 2 a month)

this is stupid arguement... shipping and handling (sellers can charge whatever handling fee they want)...people come on get a life. If you don't like the price don't buy that it. You should be happy sellers have worked around ebays fees a little (score one for the little guy). I don't over gauge my shipping too much sometimes I do. Believe it or not boxes are not free, and you can take into account other fees such as gas to the post office in the handling fee. Honestly it is lame to jack up shipping I agree with you, but is has been a good work around for excessive ebay fees (by the time ebay and paypal hit you with fees you don't have too much left). I stopped jacking up my shipping mainly due to customers emailing me and saying that they would have bought my item if the shipping was lower. It worked for me.

Looks like the op just pwned himself with his own thread, LOL.

Although, if you look at his location for his profile here, that would explain alot of what he (she?) is all about.

I hope this one sticks around.

I could see charging a buck or two more, and then a buck or two more to get a little extra. I really don't see charging 6.95 for a 4.30 priority ship excessive. That would cover the box I need to buy, the time it takes me to go to the PO (because I don't trust the PM to pick it up) and my time. Fair, I think.

Now, I just sold an item to a CAG here for $21. I wanted to get $15 for the actual item. $15+4.30+.74+1.05 box = $21.09. As it happened, I already had a box, but I always charge a buck for a box, or $.50 for an envelope. If I were on eBay, I would charge $6.95, or if I was unsure about the weight, I would charge $9 flat rate.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I hope this one sticks around.

I could see charging a buck or two more, and then a buck or two more to get a little extra. I really don't see charging 6.95 for a 4.30 priority ship excessive. That would cover the box I need to buy, the time it takes me to go to the PO (because I don't trust the PM to pick it up) and my time. Fair, I think.

Now, I just sold an item to a CAG here for $21. I wanted to get $15 for the actual item. $15+4.30+.74+1.05 box = $21.09. As it happened, I already had a box, but I always charge a buck for a box, or $.50 for an envelope. If I were on eBay, I would charge $6.95, or if I was unsure about the weight, I would charge $9 flat rate.[/quote]
If you want to shave the buck or so off the cost (to make it look better to the buyer), you can get small boxes for free courtesy of USPS. I just found this out myself. Check out the Priority Mail boxes, they come in perfect sizes for games.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117711

Mailing labels and tape, too. Well, technically the tape is supposed to be a roll of Priority Mail "stickers"...but it's tape. The free Priority Mail supplies are fantastic.

[quote name='Kendro']If you want to shave the buck or so off the cost (to make it look better to the buyer), you can get small boxes for free courtesy of USPS. I just found this out myself. Check out the Priority shipping boxes, they come in perfect sizes for games.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117711[/quote]

Even with the free priority boxes/tape it's still cheaper to ship media or 1st class using your own supplies. About 2.00 dollars cheaper.
[quote name='briansraregames']fuck YOU ALL[/quote]

Guess he's doesn't know hypocrisy.
He starts a thread about high shipping & he's guilty of the same sin.
(laughs)

[quote name='toper']Looks like the op just pwned himself with his own thread, LOL.

Although, if you look at his location for his profile here, that would explain alot of what he (she?) is all about.[/QUOTE]

like i said before they just want us to report them all so they wont have that many other people selling games against them.

I have to apologize to you guys. I'm so sorry for blowing up like that. It was immature and unprofessional. I'm really under a lot of stress and all and your pwning of me just got to me. If you note, I have pulled all of my "excessive shipping" listings. I didn't start this thread to get into a scuffle. I honestly wanted to help out the buyers from getting continuously exploited by high shipping charges and I forgot about my store listings. I'm sorry for anything that was said earlier in this thread. Carry on.

bread's done
Back