Exo Squad Season 1 coming out April 14th

The toys for that show were awesome. I'm highly unlikely to buy the set but I do have fond memories of the neo-sapien (I think that was what they were called) Mech action figures.

[quote name='probablysober']The toys for that show were awesome. I'm highly unlikely to buy the set but I do have fond memories of the neo-sapien (I think that was what they were called) Mech action figures.[/quote]
I've got a couple 3.75" figures that are definitely taken from Battletech, which were definitely taken from Robotech. The Destroids were all present in grey or brown under the Exo-Squad banner. No idea how the managed that without Harmony Gold owning every bit of them in the process. I see Playmates actually did buy the liscense for the toys... confusion retracted.

I think I'll probably be getting this, one way or another. :)

[quote name='probablysober']The toys for that show were awesome. I'm highly unlikely to buy the set but I do have fond memories of the neo-sapien (I think that was what they were called) Mech action figures.[/quote]

omg. this is bringing me back. im going to look on ebay now to see if i can buy one of these toys.

yeah and lego recently made "Exo-force" which is obviously a ripoff of exosquad, but since most people are too old to watch kids cartoon channels, no one noticed, that and i think they got sued so they pulled the set.

Hot damn, I will be buying this asap, definately took them to long to release this, now I want them to do conan the adventurer, exosquad was one of the best toons out at the time hands down, imo.

Nice Find!!! I hope they re-release the toys as they have been with other ones (Transformers, Gi Joe, Ninja Turtles) Another series I hope they come out with is Dino Riders!!!

[quote name='Gden']yeah and lego recently made "Exo-force" which is obviously a ripoff of exosquad, but since most people are too old to watch kids cartoon channels, no one noticed, that and i think they got sued so they pulled the set.[/QUOTE]
From Wiki:
After strong sales in Exo-Force's first year (2006), the Golden City themed 2007 sets apparently did not sell as well leading to the announcement the series would not continue after 2008. Because of this, the 2008 story arc ended prematurely and the last two Exo-Force chapter books were cancelled.

Anyways, I loved Exo-Squad as a kid, and I remember having two of the mech toys: JT's mech, and Wolf Bronsky's mech (It had that cool chaingun weapon).

[quote name='nightmare452']DAMN!!, this is old school. Will have to think about it. Thanks for the Hulu link too.[/quote]

:cry: That was the first time anyone has ever thanked me for a Hulu link. Im so happy. :cry:

Exo squad is one of the rare shows from that generation that still holds up today. The plot was way ahead of most cartoon/toy ads.

Too bad they cut this show. It definitely was ahead of its time, IMO, since the storyline wasn't your typical kiddie sunshine and rainbows crap.

I had almost all of the toys for the show but gave them away a few years back when I was cleaning the basement in preparation for a move. Then I found out how much I could've got for them on eBay. :cry: Oh well, whatever. It would've been a hassle packing that stuff up and shipping them, anyway.

Best cartoon ever. I still have my E frame toys too! Can't wait to finally get this on dvd, and hope it sells enough so they can release season 2 which was more than twice as many episodes if I remember correctly...

hulu.com now has the full second season available to watch. Definitely one of the greatest cartoons ever.

HOLY CRAP!! I watched some of this as a kid and could never find out what it was!! now I can actually get the series!!! (lets hope universal is not like disney and just cancel the releases part way through ala gargoyles )

[quote name='wormraper']HOLY CRAP!! I watched some of this as a kid and could never find out what it was!! now I can actually get the series!!! (lets hope universal is not like disney and just cancel the releases part way through ala gargoyles )[/quote]

Well, there weren't that many episodes so if they were to do that, they'd just stop at this set.

Places might have one or 2 but I don't see them taking up the shelf space for more then that. I'm willing to bet that the only place you can get this is online. I know if I had a store I would not wast the space on it. Now if the show was still on tv and doing well then I would but not for a show that is over 10 years old and few remember it and even fewer will buy it.

I'll have to remember to look later when i'm around Walmart and Target, I just would hate for low sales to bar a release of the second season if the dvd wasn't in stores to begin with.

I just had a true nerdgasm. I've still got for four or five of my original action figures, and somedays I wish I still had the imagination to play with them rather than ogle how cool the weaponry was. I could've sworn it was the first place I also learned about spinal injuries and neck-down paralysis, I thought one of the commanders you see late in the series needed a life-size exoskeleton to move around (I've got that action figure too, he was pretty badass), but I can't find any info to that end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my dvd from amazon, picture looks great. Its just so great to see this series again.

Im off to play with my exo frames!

If it was also dubbed in spanish, I would buy them...so my kids could watch it also.They really liked the HE-MAN and Thundercats series...those were dubbed in spanish!

bread's done
Back