Expanded Seller Protection from PayPal – No Confirmed Address Required (but...)

mikefavata

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Available now, PowerSellers in the United States and Canada can enroll in PayPal's new expanded seller protection which provides protection against fraudulent payments on eligible eBay transactions. This means that if you are enrolled, you can sell and ship physical goods to any address your customer chooses – a confirmed address is not necessary – in any of the 190 countries PayPal serves. There is no annual limit on available coverage, but there are of course some reasonable restrictions, and I encourage you to read the Expanded Seller Protection page and enroll if you haven’t already.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200803.shtml#2008-03-20095600

What’s improved?

• No more confirmed addresses. Your customers can choose any shipping address, which makes checkout easier.
  • No more coverage limit. The coverage limit under the Seller Protection Policy is $5,000 per year. Expanded seller protection has no annual limit.
  • Coverage in more places around the world. Coverage is now extended to 190 countries, so you can ship to buyers wherever they are.
https://www.paypal.com/expandedsellerprotection

[whine]

So much bullshit, eBay/PayPal definatelly only caters to buyers & PowerSellers, anyone else can go fuck themselves as far as they care.

I've got about 20 to 30 more auctions to list, then that's it for me. Strictly Amazon from now on. Anyone else tired of eBay's "policies"?

[/whine]

I've got a ton of stuff to sell but just don't have the time due to school... and I won't have time to sell them until May, by which time the new policies will take into effect.

I really wish there was an alternative to Ebay... maybe this'll spring forth something better. I can't believe Google hasn't jumped in this type of business.

[quote name='magiic']apparently it's not available for me :([/quote]
That's the whole thing, they are only protecting powersellers and nobody else.

eBay continues to spit in the face of the average seller who is just looking to unload his crap. Oh...but maybe they will have another AWESOME deal, like one cent listing fees...on auctions that start at $.99! That way, if I list 100 auctions, I'll save a whole $9!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']eBay continues to spit in the face of the average seller who is just looking to unload his crap. Oh...but maybe they will have another AWESOME deal, like one cent listing fees...on auctions that start at $.99! That way, if I list 100 auctions, I'll save a whole $9![/quote]

I'm probably done with eBay after the last batch of stuff I sell (maybe I'll still buy), but I think the current listing sale is just fine. You save on reserve listing fees, so it's actually a very nice savings if your stuff sells.

bread's done
Back