[EXPIRED] Best Buy Coupon - $10 Gift Card with $100 purchase 4/30-5/13

quercus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi All,

Went in to BB today to get 2 Platinum Hits for $30, thanks to CAG - LinkinPrime - I knew about that deal.

So when I checked out they gave me a coupon. If you spend $100 you get a $10 Gift Card instantly. It sounds like you have to spend $100 on that trip, not added up for the month. They had stacks and stacks of these at the registers. This was at the Bailey's Crossroads BB in Falls Church VA.

Here's the text from the coupon. Front:

Get a $10 Gift Card instantly for every $100 you spend (up to a $50 Gift Card value). Gift Card good through our entire store. Offer valid 4/30-5/13.

Here's the text from the back, the fine print which was printed rather large actually:

Excludes notebook and desktop computers, desktop packages (package includes computer, monitor and printer), Bose, KEF, Apple, and MartinLogan audio product, California reclying fee, PSPs, Gift Cards, home delivery, prior purchases and special orders, clearance, demo and open-box items. Limit 1 coupon per household. Not good in combination with any other coupon or offer. Valid only at Best Buty stores in the USA. Gift Card good toward furture purchases. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. No copies. Coupon valid 4/30/06 - 5/13/06.

[quote name='quercus']Hi All,

Went in to BB today to get 2 Platinum Hits for $30, thanks to CAG - LinkinPrime - I knew about that deal.

So when I checked out they gave me a coupon. If you spend $100 you get a $10 Gift Card instantly. It sounds like you have to spend $100 on that trip, not added up for the month. They had stacks and stacks of these at the registers. This was at the Bailey's Crossroads BB in Falls Church VA.

Get a $10 Gift Card instantly for every $100 you spend (up to a $50 Gift Card value). Gift Card good through our entire store. Offer valid 4/30-5/13.

Here's the text from the back, the fine print which was printed rather large actually:

Excludes notebook and desktop computers, desktop packages (package includes computer, monitor and printer), Bose, KEF, Apple, and MartinLogan audio product, California reclying fee, PSPs, Gift Cards, home delivery, prior purchases and special orders, clearance, demo and open-box items. Limit 1 coupon per household. Not good in combination with any other coupon or offer. Valid only at Best Buty stores in the USA. Gift Card good toward furture purchases. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. No copies. Coupon valid 4/30/06 - 5/13/06.[/QUOTE]

Werid they Block PSP but allow the rest of the game systems

So I could go in and buy 2 xbox 360 and get a $50 gift card, as well as reward zone points? (I was going to get 2 of my 3 groomsmen a core system)

[quote name='ryanbph']So I could go in and buy 2 xbox 360 and get a $50 gift card, as well as reward zone points? (I was going to get 2 of my 3 groomsmen a core system)[/quote]

It sounds like you could do that.

BTW, do you need another groomsman? I look great in a tux :D

[quote name='slidecage']Werid they Block PSP but allow the rest of the game systems[/quote]

I believe in this instance, PSP stands for Performance Service Plan, rather than Playstation Portable.

Reread OP. A $30 gift card for a Xbox 360 would go a long way toward a new game. I'd be tempted to step up purchase on my 360 if only I could get the lovely lady to agree to letting me spend the necessary money needed.

[quote name='Redeema']Also, it doesn't sound like they give you $10 for every $100 spent but rather $10 if you spend over $100 regardless of how much over you go. If you bought a bigscreen they'd have to give you back like $150 (obviously depends on the TV price) and that's not going to happen.[/quote]

How much of the first post did you actually read? $10 for every $100, up to a maximum $50 GC.

excellent news...So I get $70 in gift cert, roughly 12% off, with the $50 in instant rebate and $20 in reward zone.

Thanks for the offer quercus vbmenu_register("postmenu_1829298", true); , but 3 is plenty. The money it would cost you for a tux, travel to MA, and a hotel, you could but one :)

The op said offer good 04/30 - 05/15, how did you get the deal 2 wks early?

[quote name='ryanbph']So I could go in and buy 2 xbox 360 and get a $50 gift card, as well as reward zone points? (I was going to get 2 of my 3 groomsmen a core system)[/QUOTE]

Or you could make 2 trips, and get 2 $30 gift cards. :)

[quote name='ryanbph']

The op said offer good 04/30 - 05/15, how did you get the deal 2 wks early?[/quote]

Well, it's 4/30 to 5/13.

They just gave me the coupon today when I checked out. And as I said, they had stacks and stacks of them by the register. Like, they were printed out in books of, I don't know, 500 maybe, and they were just peeling them off for everyone.

I have some gift cards to use up, it sounds like gift cards will count. Doesn't say it doesn't. Hmmmm.

If you make a purchase, get the gift card, and then return the items you bought later, would you be refunded the full purchase price and still be able to retain the active gift card?

Or would that be too much bad karma?

[quote name='ryanbph'](I was going to get 2 of my 3 groomsmen a core system)[/QUOTE]
:shock: That's more than we're hopefully spending on a DJ ;)

Scratches chin.

I'm thinking 50 copies of Paper Mario 2 would go nicely here.

After finding a Best Buy with 50 copies of Paper Mario 2, I'll walk on water.

[quote name='ryanbph']So I could go in and buy 2 xbox 360 and get a $50 gift card, as well as reward zone points? (I was going to get 2 of my 3 groomsmen a core system)[/QUOTE]
are you rich???????

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']If you make a purchase, get the gift card, and then return the items you bought later, would you be refunded the full purchase price and still be able to retain the active gift card?

Or would that be too much bad karma?[/QUOTE]

this is how your recept will look like (Say on a 300 buck item)

Item 270
Gift cards 30

so when you take it back you will only get 270

Anyone want to sell me one of these coupons

[quote name='slidecage']Anyone want to sell me one of these coupons[/quote]

The ones I saw were just sitting out by the registers. Even the registers that didn't have anyone working at them. It didn't look like they were keeping them under lock and key.

Just wondering why you'd want to buy one.

[quote name='quercus']Hi All,

Excludes notebook and desktop computers, desktop packages (package includes computer, monitor and printer), Bose, KEF, Apple, and MartinLogan audio product, California reclying fee, PSPs, Gift Cards, home delivery, prior purchases and special orders, clearance, demo and open-box items. Limit 1 coupon per household. Not good in combination with any other coupon or offer. Valid only at Best Buty stores in the USA. Gift Card good toward furture purchases. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. No copies. Coupon valid 4/30/06 - 5/13/06.[/quote]

Hey! Thats my most local BB! What do you look like.

[quote name='quercus']The ones I saw were just sitting out by the registers. Even the registers that didn't have anyone working at them. It didn't look like they were keeping them under lock and key.

Just wondering why you'd want to buy one.[/QUOTE]

mostly cause our locally one never has these coupons

they dont have these coupons
they didnt have the gamefly coupons
they didnt have the thanksgiving coupons ect

so if anyone can get 1 or 2 of these + some of those old gamefly coupons PM me i will buy them off you

[quote name='DuckM4n']Hey! Thats my most local BB! What do you look like.[/quote]

I usually go to the BB in Pentagon City (nothing better than shopping for an FPS in a neighborhood named for the Department of Defence headquarters), 'cause I can walk to it. Or else I go to the one in Potomac Yards, about a mile away. So I don't get out to Bailey's Crossroads that often, even though it's only a 10 min. drive.

I'm lucky to have so many BB's near me I guess :D

[quote name='dooddude']are you rich???????[/quote]

I do alright, I was going with red sox vs yanks tix in fenway...but 2 of them have wifes that are pregnant and the cost per tix thru stubhub or other places is in the same ballpark as a core system.

My DJ is costing the same as 2 cores as well, and since the wedding is on mothers day, I didn't have to pay the room rental fee, and got 1/2 price menu. With it being on mothers day, most of non family member are not coming, so the wedding is going to be very cheap comparable to others I have been to.

[quote name='ryanbph']My DJ is costing the same as 2 cores as well, and since the wedding is on mothers day, I didn't have to pay the room rental fee, and got 1/2 price menu. With it being on mothers day, most of non family member are not coming, so the wedding is going to be very cheap comparable to others I have been to.[/quote]

I love it. Did you get these ideas from cheapassweddings.com? lol

Seriously, sounds like you found some good ways to save some cash.

Target is always putting out online coupons for 10% off your purchase which in a way is the same exact deal as this one.

Edit: I forgot about shipping....Never mind.

[quote name='slidecage']mostly cause our locally one never has these coupons

they dont have these coupons
they didnt have the gamefly coupons
they didnt have the thanksgiving coupons ect

so if anyone can get 1 or 2 of these + some of those old gamefly coupons PM me i will buy them off you[/quote]

Hopefully, one of these here CAGs will be kind enough to scan and post the coupon. Then you won't have to buy one...

Bose and Apple products are almost always excluded from these types of deals. I wanted to buy a new iPod, and this would have been extra incentive. Alas, it is not to be.

If you can't find the coupon in the checkout area, try the customer service area. That's where I picked up mine :)

The coupon is 9" X 4". The front of the one I have includes an ad to buy stuff for mom on Mother's Day on 2/3 of the front and then mentions the 10% off on the other 1/3.

The back is text, in large print, about the terms of the deal (included in my original post). It also includes the bar code for the coupon.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='caffolote']When you buy something that's over $100, they'll give you a gift card, right? Does that include PS2's?[/quote]

From what the coupon says, yes, you'll get the Gift Card instantly, and the only restrictions are the ones listed, so PS2s should work.

This is going on now, has anyone actually used it?

i used one

got a psp for 199
candy bar for 97 cents

got a 20 buck gift card

used that gift card towards a 2 year warrenty on the psp

(cashier broke up the transaction into 2 parts so i could do it)

Is this a sign? I finally have enough money saved up for my Xbox 360 Premium, my local Best Buy just got some premiums in, and someone gave me 50 bucks worth of BB giftcards the other day...

I think it's time to get an Xbox 360... baby.

With all this, I could get a fifty dollar gift card and either purchase a new X360 game or get New Super Mario Bros. for in a week or two.

:D

I tried the deal at my BB, they wouldn't let me unless I got the warranty on the 360 and it would only be 40 bucks for 470 spending F that lol. did anyone successfully get this deal to work? because I'll file a complaint, I had to spend 50 extra bucks for my controller

I got it to work perfectly fine. I spent $540 or so with tax and got a $50 gift card. I'm not sure how they are justifying saying you have to buy a warranty since it doesn't say anything about that at all on the coupon.

[quote name='ningen']I tried the deal at my BB, they wouldn't let me unless I got the warranty on the 360 and it would only be 40 bucks for 470 spending F that lol. did anyone successfully get this deal to work? because I'll file a complaint, I had to spend 50 extra bucks for my controller[/QUOTE]

The guy you dealt with probabl just needed to sell a warranty that day and tried to be a dick about it. You should've gone to a manager and complained, or if it was a manager who did it, called whatever their customer feedback line is.

man i just remember i had 2 more these lying around the house (along with 2 gamefly 10 buck off coupons)

What a freaking waste

just found them under my video game boxes...CRAP

though i did use 1 of them to get a psp for 180. Dont know if im going back monday to pick up a gamefly membership for 12 bucks (after 10 buck gift card)

i heard gamefly is cracking down on people and if you already had a membership they will not allow it,

bread's done
Back