[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kyle071785']ya i can go to my local store but honestly I doubt it'll do anything. If these cards are supposed to be in the cases they won't crack open a sealed copy to get me a code for my opened version.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, not the code. I meant mainly that they should swap your standard edition for an Augmented Edition in store, and hopefully the AE would have the code in it.

EDIT: I just emailed customer support (again) explaining that they had shipped the incorrect item and that I would be taking it to the store to exchange it. Whatever their response is, I'll be printing it to bring to the store with me. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to find a flyer from 12 August to bring as well, unless there's some place online that keeps old ones.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Oh, yeah, not the code. I meant mainly that they should swap your standard edition for an Augmented Edition in store, and hopefully the AE would have the code in it.

EDIT: I just emailed customer support (again) explaining that they had shipped the incorrect item and that I would be taking it to the store to exchange it. Whatever their response is, I'll be printing it to bring to the store with me. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to find a flyer from 12 August to bring as well, unless there's some place online that keeps old ones.[/QUOTE]

scaled.php

*Taken from the Aug 12th -18th flyer thread.

Got mine in the mail, regular edition of course. Going to open it anyway, I don't have the patience to go through some big ordeal with service and probably never get the upgrade in the end. Haven't opened it yet so I don't know if I got the DLC, was it anything exclusive or just early unlocks?

Update, I DID get the DLC. I am mostly satisfied, didn't find out about the Augmented upgrade til after I bought it anyway.

So, I received a voice mail from FS this morning. It seems I'll be refunded $16 (+ tax) to my credit card. It was a rather confusing message. The representative kept using the term "discount" even though I've already been charged and the game has been shipped. Nevertheless, at the end, the person said I should see it on my credit card (even though my gift card was charged originally). As for the whole spreading out the price issue with my E3 order, from what I understand, the orders on customer accounts online can't be modified. So, they didn't do anything about that issue.

Baztian, can you describe this spreading out price issue for me? I've made an order with the same E3 deal and I want to know what's likely to happen if I return one of the games.

Just called the customer service line about the E3 preorder price + $10 discount. They couldn't do a thing for me even after letting them know about the forum thread and Twitter, both detailing the $10 off preorder price (+E3 discount) of the augmented edition. Told me I should contact the CSR first in the future. Damn them.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Baztian, can you describe this spreading out price issue for me? I've made an order with the same E3 deal and I want to know what's likely to happen if I return one of the games.[/QUOTE]

First, FS twitter representative told me that if I decide to return games that are part of my E3 order then the discounts would be adjusted based on the games remaining in the order.

However, based on their release of DXHR and the inflexibility of their system, I have the feeling that if you go to the store with the receipt from the item shipped email (the individual receipt), you'll receive a refund of whatever you were charged regardless of the rest of your order. This is a problem for me because if I want to return DXHR AE, which I was originally charged subtotal $47.40 ($2.59 less than it should be), I will be refunded $47.40 but the $2.59 is still spread out over prices of the other games I may decide to keep. Basically, I wouldn't be receiving a full refund for DXHR AE ($2.59 short).

well...my case got escalated (pre-order DLC). I said the hell with the Augmented Edition for now as there's nothing amazing in it...it was just principle to get it :p

anyways if anyone for some crazy reason doesn't want their pre-order DLC (xbox 360), i'll be happy to take it off your hands :)

If anyone wants to know why the discount isn't simply -$20 on each game:

"Base[d] on our information[,] the promotional discount was processed at the order level and therefore applied in percentage according to item prices. Unfortunately we are unable to change the discounts on the order as they are pre-capture (Applied prior to check out)."

Non-Augmented Deus Ex came in the mail today. FS also didn't respond to either of my emails to customer service. Heading up to the store to ask for my exchange after supper.

I'm likely going to have an extra Uncharted 3 and Saints Row 3 from this deal and wouldn't want to return them to FS in case it affects my other orders. Wondering if anyone would be likely to pick them up at my house (Toronto) for cost. I guess most of the people looking at this thread already took part in the deal. I was going to list then on Kijiji but people might find it fishy that I'm selling a brand new game for so cheap.

So is this Deus Ex issue maybe a sign that if we preordered Zelda we won't be able to get the Wiimote+ Special Edition?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']They haven't listed the Zelda special edition on Futureshop yet so there's no way any of us could have preordered it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Zelda special edition is simply just the first run of the game. At least that's how they've traditional done it in the past.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']I'm pretty sure the Zelda special edition is simply just the first run of the game. At least that's how they've traditional done it in the past.[/QUOTE]
The special edition costs $70 and comes with a gold Wiimote. I suppose it's more of a bundle than a special edition. They have also said the first run will include a soundtrack CD for both standard and bundle versions.

From nintendo.com "*Note that the gold controller will simply be gold in color and will not contain any actual precious metals. Sorry." Deal breaker.
Special edition will be limited.

Do any of you dudes live in Toronto and wanted to get Uncharted 3 or Saints Row 3 for $39.99 +tax? I think I'll end up with one extra each and don't want to return them to FS, was going to list on Kijiji.

Ya, I was just thinking how cruel it is to revive this thread for those of us that totally missed it the first time :)

Anyone from montreal who preordered something with the promo and received it?
I'm wondering if there's a chance I might receive nhl 12 on launch day or if they'll ship it on launch day.

got my Augmented Edition (which I originally ordered) and I never got the tactical pack dlc...just curious if anyone who got the AE got the DLC from futureshop (mine was the ps3 version)

I heard its included inside the game (have you opened it yet?) but I've been keeping mines sealed till I get around to playing it.

[quote name='ThrillSteak']Anyone from montreal who preordered something with the promo and received it?
I'm wondering if there's a chance I might receive nhl 12 on launch day or if they'll ship it on launch day.[/QUOTE]
My friend preordered Deuz Ex with the promo, and received it two days after launch. In my experience, FS processes the item on launch day, then ships it the following day.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Nobody listing the Zelda bundle yet that I can tell. Gamestop US site has it, Amazon.ca doesn't even list any edition of Skyward Sword.[/QUOTE]

Ya that's what I realized too.... Why oh Why, Now there's two items I want from US gamestop (1st is legendary edition of assassin creed, and second is the zelda game).

[quote name='Rastafari']got my Augmented Edition (which I originally ordered) and I never got the tactical pack dlc...just curious if anyone who got the AE got the DLC from futureshop (mine was the ps3 version)[/QUOTE]

I got the Augmented Edition for PS3 and it was missing the code for the tactical enhancement pack. I sent an email Sunday night to FS customer service and, after asking me to check the inside cover again, they sent me a new code today. From what I've read on other forums it seems many copies of the game were missing the DLC codes.

Also, for anyone who didn't get the upgrade to the Augmented edition: you're not missing much. The packaging is poor and the soundtrack is apparently less than half an hour long with just 12 tracks. I don't know for sure since the PS3 bonus disc is on Blu-ray and I don't have a computer that can read Blu-rays to copy the files over. I'm glad I didn't pay $70 for it anyway.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Looked for it last night and it wasn't there, thanks. I might put in an order on this just in case it becomes hard to get or something like that. Would rather get it from Best Buy. You can easily cancel online orders on Gamestop.ca right, without having to call them up?[/QUOTE]

I believe so... I'm not sure if I've ever pre-ordered from gamestop.ca, so someone else may have better info.

I looked at their help page and under self service info it said you can cancel if the order hasn't gotten too far along toward the shipping process. Guess I'll order and then hope for a better deal somewhere else.

$79.09 ouch! Only buying this cause I need a Motion Plus and they cost $25. I had regular Zelda pre-ordered for $43.99 already.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Looked for it last night and it wasn't there, thanks. I might put in an order on this just in case it becomes hard to get or something like that. Would rather get it from Best Buy. You can easily cancel online orders on Gamestop.ca right, without having to call them up?[/QUOTE]

It's as simple as canceling an Amazon order. :cool:

One or two clicks of a button, not even a "tells us why you want to cancel" à la Amazon.

Ya there was nothing when I checked yesterday morning. I just saw it and was going to report back, you beat me to it... It's very easy to cancel preorders from gamestop :p... Well time to put in an order.

Actually before I placed the order I checked... Best buy has it up also... hmm now which one should I go with... eb games seems to be faster with new releases...

Yeah I saw it on BB and FS this morning, ordered from FS to use up my $5 gift card, would have done BB otherwise. Going to cancel my Gamestop order once the FS one is processed.

[quote name='Silent Obscurity']I got the Augmented Edition for PS3 and it was missing the code for the tactical enhancement pack. I sent an email Sunday night to FS customer service and, after asking me to check the inside cover again, they sent me a new code today. From what I've read on other forums it seems many copies of the game were missing the DLC codes.

Also, for anyone who didn't get the upgrade to the Augmented edition: you're not missing much. The packaging is poor and the soundtrack is apparently less than half an hour long with just 12 tracks. I don't know for sure since the PS3 bonus disc is on Blu-ray and I don't have a computer that can read Blu-rays to copy the files over. I'm glad I didn't pay $70 for it anyway.[/QUOTE]

heh I've been battling FS for a week now. No Aug Edition, no DLC code.

Finally after 1 week, 5 emails (2 of which said the code was in the manual...which is wasn't, 2 of which said there was no pre-order DLC, 1 who didn't have a clue what DLC was...), 2 phone calls...

They did nothing to fix the actual situation. No DLC code...no upgrade.

They settled by just giving me a $10 online coupon for my next purchase.

So i emailed Square Enix myself (via the website in the manual). They took 3 days but got back to me and didn't even need a proof of purchase. BUT the one bright note is that they gave me both the tactical pack DLC and the DLC that was EB exclusive (whatever it was called...with the extra mission).

They were great all around and I got more of a response from them than future shop

[quote name='kyle071785']heh I've been battling FS for a week now. No Aug Edition, no DLC code.

Finally after 1 week, 5 emails (2 of which said the code was in the manual...which is wasn't, 2 of which said there was no pre-order DLC, 1 who didn't have a clue what DLC was...), 2 phone calls...

They settled by just giving me a $10 online coupon for my next purchase[/QUOTE]

I went to the store to complain in person. They called the web store on my behalf and the web people said it was a known issue / shipping mixup, and as long as I kept my copy unopened they would be contacting me about an exchange.

I still haven't heard from them, and I still haven't had a response to my previous email to them.

I'll be emailing them again today, and then calling them on the weekend until I get some kind of confirmation of that deal.

Good to know re: Square Enix. I'm betting I'll have to go to them when I finally do get my AE.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah I saw it on BB and FS this morning, ordered from FS to use up my $5 gift card, would have done BB otherwise. Going to cancel my Gamestop order once the FS one is processed.[/QUOTE]

Best buy is now offering 5 dollars off for skyward sword bundle. I'm going to cancel my gamestop orders once it's processed... it's taking a while though.

[quote name='Faytz']Best buy is now offering 5 dollars off for skyward sword bundle. I'm going to cancel my gamestop orders once it's processed... it's taking a while though.[/QUOTE]
I noticed that, I re-ordered at BB with the $5 off a few hrs ago, will cancel the first BB order once the new one processes. So far this is the best deal.

[quote name='Faytz']Best buy is now offering 5 dollars off for skyward sword bundle. I'm going to cancel my gamestop orders once it's processed... it's taking a while though.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a use for my $10 credit from OOT3DS. Now the question is do I cancel my 2nd e3 FutureShop order (Uncharted 3, Zelda and Tomb Raider) after I get UC3? I'd like to keep Tomb Raider but maybe there will be another e3 sale next year.

can you cancel individual games from the e3 order ?

The gold wii-mote that comes with it has wii motion plus right ?

likely going to cancel zelda from my order if i can (if worst comes to worst will I think I can return in store) from the e3 for 39.99 (still have 4 games so shouldnt lose the discount)

I forgot I dont have a wii motion plus yet though and that cost 25.00 and if i get the best buy bundle which is $5 off right now its basically like I get a free wii remote

An extra wiimote is always nice

Im still hoping even though I have been told they wont they give me $20.00 off halo CE anniversary. I might have preordered a different game if I knew my discount would be nullified by the price reduction

[quote name='dancrane212']Well, there's a use for my $10 credit from OOT3DS. Now the question is do I cancel my 2nd e3 FutureShop order (Uncharted 3, Zelda and Tomb Raider) after I get UC3? I'd like to keep Tomb Raider but maybe there will be another e3 sale next year.[/QUOTE]
I accidentally ordered a couple duplicates in the FS E3 sale, for fear that returning them would affect the rest of the order I'm going to try selling them on kijiji or something for $50. I think that would be pretty easy since it's almost $20 more than that to buy it new after taxes.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I accidentally ordered a couple duplicates in the FS E3 sale, for fear that returning them would affect the rest of the order I'm going to try selling them on kijiji or something for $50. I think that would be pretty easy since it's almost $20 more than that to buy it new after taxes.[/QUOTE]

That is going to be my plan for any extras. People are jumping at the 49.99 price points, getting the game for 39.99 and selling it for 50 shouldn't be that hard.

[quote name='SenatorZelda']can you cancel individual games from the e3 order ?

The gold wii-mote that comes with it has wii motion plus right ?

likely going to cancel zelda from my order if i can (if worst comes to worst will I think I can return in store) from the e3 for 39.99 (still have 4 games so shouldnt lose the discount)

I forgot I dont have a wii motion plus yet though and that cost 25.00 and if i get the best buy bundle which is $5 off right now its basically like I get a free wii remote

An extra wiimote is always nice

Im still hoping even though I have been told they wont they give me $20.00 off halo CE anniversary. I might have preordered a different game if I knew my discount would be nullified by the price reduction[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid to cancel a game even though I have 5 pre-ordered. If you are brave and do delete one, could you let us know the outcome?

This would be so much better if FS would just let us switch to the special edition of Zelda and let us pay the difference.

[quote name='kyle071785']heh I've been battling FS for a week now. No Aug Edition, no DLC code.

They settled by just giving me a $10 online coupon for my next purchase.

So i emailed Square Enix myself (via the website in the manual). They took 3 days but got back to me and didn't even need a proof of purchase. BUT the one bright note is that they gave me both the tactical pack DLC and the DLC that was EB exclusive (whatever it was called...with the extra mission).

They were great all around and I got more of a response from them than future shop[/QUOTE]

Hey Kyle,

I actually have been battling futureshop as well for the dlc. I have heard some people have gotten it from them. I also ordered Madden' 12 and didn't receive anything. Thanks for the info about square enix.. is it just their standard customer service e-mail?

bread's done
Back