[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='king_bronx']Yea, I'd also like some more info as to that.[/QUOTE]

It's just what the guy on the phone told me when I asked about those things specifically. He could've been feeding me bull**** but hopefully it was the truth. He was right about the shipping at least.

I ordered some games during the E3 sale, I'm still waiting on 3 of them. My credit card just got cancelled because there was supposedly a threat of fraud. Will Future Shop cancel my order for the remaining games if I don't update my payment option to a valid credit card before they ship?

[quote name='Usuyami']For people who got their pre-orders from FS, was there a Dark Knight costume DLC code that came with it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there was a Catwoman DLC and Dark Knight costume DLC code with mine.

So I was charged more than the regular price minus $20 off and I called today. The conversation was one of the most interesting things I have ever had. Anyway the supervisor is supposed to call me tomorrow so we will see what happens.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Credit card has been charged, says it's in stock but STILL hasn't shipped. That dog wont hunt, monsignor.

Edit: Encouraging news, apparently it has already shipped and they just didn't send me an email. Hooray. Also good news for others: although it was charged to my credit card at $54 apparently I am going to get $20 off the new price of $59.99. There will be a credit on my account next week I was told. /And/ I'm getting the steelbook as well. Hopefully this applies to everyone else in here.[/QUOTE]

Pretty interested in this what did you have to say to get your money, because when I talked to FS today it sounded like there was no way we would be getting money back which is bullshit but still what they said.

I had a bit of trouble with my order for batman as well. I got an e-mail monday afternoon saying that my order couldn't be processed. I called FS and they said the cc had been declined. I called the cc company and they said it went through and gave me the amount and time it went through. I called FS back and they again said it had been declined, I told them the cc company said otherwise. I found out that they tried my cc at 1pm and sent the e-mail at 2pm saying it didn't go through. The cc company said it went through at 4pm, so I really don't know what was going on, and it seems nobody at FS did either. Anyway, the order went through and shipped yesterday. Hopefully I will get the steelbook like it said I would when I ordered. I'm not getting my hopes up though the way they handle things.

I got my FS order that i just preordered the weekend before batman came out and i didnt get a steelbook even tho it shows on my shipping note that a steelbook is suppose to come with it.

And my other e3 order still hasn't showed up yet.

Attempted delivery: receiver unavailable? Nooooo, who brings the mail at 9:00am!

Question since I've never dealt with Purolator before: they left me a slip saying to pick up my package at their depot, but will they try to deliver it to me again tomorrow?

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Attempted delivery: receiver unavailable? Nooooo, who brings the mail at 9:00am!

Question since I've never dealt with Purolator before: they left me a slip saying to pick up my package at their depot, but will they try to deliver it to me again tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I think they make 2 or 3 delivery attempts.

[quote name='king_bronx']I think they make 2 or 3 delivery attempts.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the case for me last time I had a Purolator delivery from Futureshop. They did one delivery attempt, and didn't even leave a notice of delivery.

Canada Post delivered my game at 9:22 says on their tracker. Now I'll have too call FS about my tv, that broke yesterday. Perfect timing eh.

[quote name='afterburn999']I think you can call and tell them you want it delivered again or pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll give them a call and make sure they'll come back tomorrow.

I gotta say, damn Purolator is fast. The last time I ordered something from FS it was Canada Post and took a week to get to me. Purolator shipped it and it came the next day.

[quote name='king_bronx']I don't know about everyone else, but I feel like this has been a lesson. Pre-ordering from FS is a hassle.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I got my Batman half a week late and I didn't even get the steelbook/costume DLC, I was told I had to preorder "at the right time", that's what happens when I try to give them business a few months early. I've had two other preorders try to come in and I didn't even get either of them.

fuck that place. I'm cancelling all my leftover preorders except for the $10 off Zelda CE. Haha, I went from having $800+ in preorders down to $100.

[quote name='afterburn999']I think you can call and tell them you want it delivered again or pick it up.[/QUOTE]
You can do that. The only shipper that has tried delivery twice for me was FedEx.

Got my order from Sept. 24 today. When it was on for $49.

It came with the FS exclusive, but no SteelBook.

Going to contact customer service through their site and see where that gets me.

Update: Got my game no steelbook but I didn't give a shit about that. The supervisor never called me so I called FS back to find out about the price issue with Batman AC and then guy I got on the line this time said it would be refunded in 7 - 10 business days on my credit card. The guy I called noted the supervisor had left notes that he had called me and left a message, which was untrue, as well in the notes the supervisor said that I had the lowest price so I could not combine two deals but the guy telling me about the supervisors notes noted that this made no sense and it was crap and I would get the refund.

So if you're having issues getting your price difference just keep calling till you get a customer service operator with some sense

[quote name='pmp1986']Update: Got my game no steelbook but I didn't give a shit about that. The supervisor never called me so I called FS back to find out about the price issue with Batman AC and then guy I got on the line this time said it would be refunded in 7 - 10 business days on my credit card. The guy I called noted the supervisor had left notes that he had called me and left a message, which was untrue, as well in the notes the supervisor said that I had the lowest price so I could not combine two deals but the guy telling me about the supervisors notes noted that this made no sense and it was crap and I would get the refund.

So if you're having issues getting your price difference just keep calling till you get a customer service operator with some sense[/QUOTE]

I had called on the 18th, got someone who talked to a supervisor, as you say - with "some sense" and I was told all I had to do was call back once my game had arrived and been signed for because they couldn't adjust the price until it was signed for. So, I called back the following day when it arrived, ended up having to argue with some 60 year old woman who could barely navigate my file, and her supervisor before I finally got what I had been promised 2x.

What kills me is: They told me straight up that a lot of people are calling and complaining about this, and yet, they're just unwilling to do anything about it. For the most part, anyway. You'd think that they would want to keep customers happy with the large quantity of choices where we can take our pre-order business. It's not as if Batman is some small release where maybe 100,000 people order it. This is a AAA title with millions of copies being sold before release. And I'm sure FS had a good deal of the pre-orders thanks to that E3 sale.

Sorry guys, I'm late to this party. Has FS not been honoring the 39.99 deal from E3? Is that why this thread has been getting so much action still? They been charging people 59.99 when they actually ship the game?

[quote name='Lukeweizer']Sorry guys, I'm late to this party. Has FS not been honoring the 39.99 deal from E3? Is that why this thread has been getting so much action still? They been charging people 59.99 when they actually ship the game?[/QUOTE]
FS is honoring the e3 deals. All the conversations recently is about Batman AC. Back in June Batman AC was priced at $69.99, not the current release price of $59.99. People that ordered during the e3 deal was charged $49.99 on release, which is correct based on the $69.99 price in June. But not at the current retail price of $59.99; so those that ordered during e3 for Batman AC are looking for $10 credit which would bring the paid price to $39.99 before tax. There is also pre-order bonus (steelbook case) some people are not getting because the bonus pre-order items were introduced after the e3 sale.

[quote name='retro.elite']FS is honoring the e3 deals. All the conversations recently is about Batman AC. Back in June Batman AC was priced at $69.99, not the current release price of $59.99. People that ordered during the e3 deal was charged $49.99 on release, which is correct based on the $69.99 price in June. But not at the current retail price of $59.99; so those that ordered during e3 for Batman AC are looking for $10 credit which would bring the paid price to $39.99 before tax. There is also pre-order bonus (steelbook case) some people are not getting because the bonus pre-order items were introduced after the e3 sale.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to see more of this come Nov. 20 when Zelda is released. I'm personally just going to return my copy.

posted in the questions thread but after calling fs about the steelbook for batman ac they told me no one got steelbooks and that they would be mailing out empty steelbook cases as soon as they get them (here's hoping they actually do what they promise)

[quote name='pmp1986']Update: Got my game no steelbook but I didn't give a shit about that. The supervisor never called me so I called FS back to find out about the price issue with Batman AC and then guy I got on the line this time said it would be refunded in 7 - 10 business days on my credit card. The guy I called noted the supervisor had left notes that he had called me and left a message, which was untrue, as well in the notes the supervisor said that I had the lowest price so I could not combine two deals but the guy telling me about the supervisors notes noted that this made no sense and it was crap and I would get the refund.

So if you're having issues getting your price difference just keep calling till you get a customer service operator with some sense[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue when they gave the augmented edition of Deus Ex as a free bonus. In regards to the $10 I was given the same "Notes" back then about the price adjustment and that $39.99 is the lowest price I could have gotten. Which I said oh ok then give me the lowest price I could have gotten. After talking to multiple csr's and being told it would be adjusted...nothing was ever done. They stopped replying to me as well regarding the issue. I would have dropped it if I wasn't told I should have gotten the Lowest possible price of $39.99. Hopefully you have better luck. Apparently the credit due back to you has to get a manager's approval at the end.. hopefully you get lucky. Also so far the Exclusive DLC is hit and miss... Sometimes I get it sometimes I don't. $39.99 is still better than $59.99. Let us know what transpires.

To be honest, in the future, I would probably pay $59.99 and actually get what I'm promised / what I paid for rather than pay $49.99 (possibly $39.99 if very lucky) and reward these scheisters for their sloppy business practises. That's not very CAG of me though.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']To be honest, in the future, I would probably pay $59.99 and actually get what I'm promised / what I paid for rather than pay $49.99 (possibly $39.99 if very lucky) and reward these scheisters for their sloppy business practises. That's not very CAG of me though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but I certainly understand the rational. If I hadn't of gotten my issue resolved, I would have returned my copy and just paid full price at BB to get the (infinitely) better DLC. Mostly out of spite to FS (despite them being the same company) and because at least then I'd have known what I was getting for my dollar.

I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 as part of this deal and want to be sure I get it on release day.. If their shipping is slow can I buy it from my local Future Shop then return the futureshop.ca copy once I get it? Will the UPC be the same on both of them?

[quote name='Pat_McCrotch']I better get the Limited Editions of Battlefield 3 or I'm gonna be pissed.[/QUOTE]

EA prints the entire run of their new titles as limited editions. You (and I) should be fine.

[quote name='centracore']I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 as part of this deal and want to be sure I get it on release day.. If their shipping is slow can I buy it from my local Future Shop then return the futureshop.ca copy once I get it? Will the UPC be the same on both of them?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I did the exact same thing with Gears 3.

[quote name='dancrane212']Yup, I did the exact same thing with Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

Gears was my first (of 8) releases on this deal. They had attempted delivery on release day. I wasn't home, and that order was in my wifes name so we didn't pick it up for a few daya, but the attempt was there. Maybe there is hope for other releases on release day.

Don't expect release day delivery from the online store, like with Gears 3. Only one other game this year I can think of will likely ship on a Monday is MW3. And shipping speed depends on which courier service is used.

[quote name='retro.elite']Don't expect release day delivery from the online store, like with Gears 3. Only one other game this year I can think of will likely ship on a Monday is MW3. And shipping speed depends on which courier service is used.[/QUOTE]

I got Spider-Man: Edge of Time on release day.

[quote name='darkandlong']EA prints the entire run of their new titles as limited editions. You (and I) should be fine.[/QUOTE]I pre-ordered a copy of BF3 at Gamestop (because I want to play it at midnight:lol:) and they told me that the Limited Editions are sold out and that I can only get the regular copy. This is getting kind of worried.

[quote name='retro.elite']Don't expect release day delivery from the online store, like with Gears 3. Only one other game this year I can think of will likely ship on a Monday is MW3. And shipping speed depends on which courier service is used.[/QUOTE]

I received Rage on release day.

[quote name='darkandlong']EA prints the entire run of their new titles as limited editions. You (and I) should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure this time, I work at a independent video game retailer and we got both limited and non limited editions of BF3 in our first shipment. Which is a first for EA titles, in the past all copies have been LE versions.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I received Rage on release day.[/QUOTE]
Oh snap. I completely forgot about Rage, not that it was memorable game
Worst ending since, I don't know
. What I really wanted on Oct 4. really was Dark Souls CE. I am guessing they weren't able to ship any Dark Souls out, as any pre-orders would have been CE which they didn't have. So next thing on the to-do list Spider-man, Rage and whatever game was released on Oct 4.

If FS screws everyone over and sends the e3 order people the regular edition of BF3, I can honestly say that it will be the last time I order anything from them.

I cannot believe how horrible they have handled everything this fall (shipping times, steelbooks, etc). I would rather give my business to someone else than reward incompetence.

Well, I received Gears of War 3 and Rage on release day (Tuesdays), both shipped on the Monday. Forza 4 didn't get here until the Wednesday as it did not ship until Tuesday.

I'm hoping that the Tuesday ship was the outlier and that they usually ship on Mondays for delivery on release day.

I'm kinda concerned about returning games bought with this deal and how it will affect the price on the remaining games. I will probably not have use for Uncharted 3 and Saints Row from the deal, but you got $20 off per game if you ordered 3 to 5 right? I should be able to return two without them changing price on the remaining ones. Not sure if I will be able to sell the ones I don't need.

emailed fs concerning the limited edition of bf3. supposedly both versions are in-store so unlike other ea limited editions, this one might actually be limited.

ill let you guys know when i hear back from them

[quote name='bi-gE']I'm not so sure this time, I work at a independent video game retailer and we got both limited and non limited editions of BF3 in our first shipment. Which is a first for EA titles, in the past all copies have been LE versions.[/QUOTE]

Then I stand corrected. Pretty stupid of EA since bad press is the last thing they should want when trying to dethrone COD.

I can kinda get over the steelbook thing since Im not much of a collector but considering I preordered months ago no LE is unacceptable. I will just swing by my B&M FS if I get shafted though. $40 is too good of a price to give up on. Glad I stayed away from Batman as I had a hunch they would fook me over on the pricing.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']With batman being $70 during E3 I'm kinda surprised anyone ordered it.[/QUOTE]

I called them when the price dropped and they supposedly 'fixed' it but it looks like the price went back up when it shipped.

I'll wait until all of my E3 pre-order deal games ship and then call them about all of the price corrections >

They will not price correct. I ordered Team ICO collection during the E3 promo when it was $59.99, which they refused to budge on at all.

got an email back from them stating that bf3 has been shipped. nothings changed on my order and they didnt say if it was the limited edition.

[quote name='Talus']I called them when the price dropped and they supposedly 'fixed' it but it looks like the price went back up when it shipped.

I'll wait until all of my E3 pre-order deal games ship and then call them about all of the price corrections >

bread's done
Back