[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received the limited edition of BF3 from purolator this afternoon (monday!?)

But I'm done with war games

My BF3 pre-order still hasn't shipped... I haven't even gotten notice that it's been processed... I have a feeling I'm not going to be getting it on day one...

I guess placing an order nearly 5 months in advance isn't enough warning for Future shop.

[quote name='CACG']My BF3 pre-order still hasn't shipped... I haven't even gotten notice that it's been processed... I have a feeling I'm not going to be getting it on day one...

I guess placing an order nearly 5 months in advance isn't enough warning for Future shop.[/QUOTE]

lol... Just be lucky it wasn't 4 months in advance or you could expect the game disc with no case in their special brown lunch bag edition in December.

My BF 3 order hasn't shipped yet either, which is strange because all of my other games shipped day before release, except Batman, but I got an e-mail saying there was a problem. No e-mail as of yet and not shipped yet. FS is really starting to frustrate me with their inconsistency. Just glad I didn't order skyrim through them. I made sure i'm picking it up in store day of release.

The copy of Battlefield 3 I pre-ordered from Future Shop IN JUNE still hasn't shipped.. Can anyone who received the limited edition on PS3 confirm if the online pass is separate from the limited edition pass (or whatever it's called that gets you Back to Karkand for free) or if they're one in the same?

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Got my Battlefield 3 from Purolator at 9:00 AM this morning. It's also the Limited Edition. FS impressed me this time.[/QUOTE]
They impressed you by giving you what you ordered. Funny, but congrats. :applause:

[quote name='Usuyami']They will not price correct. I ordered Team ICO collection during the E3 promo when it was $59.99, which they refused to budge on at all.[/QUOTE]
They wouldn't even correct the price, if the game had shipped a week after e3 promo. The promo was only for games priced $59.99 and up. I too thought about pre-ordering ICO & SotC Collection. But decided if this HD remake is like other HD remake release before it, the price would be at $39.99 anyways. So I figure it's a waste of a slot for other games that I am interested in.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']They impressed you by giving you what you ordered. Funny, but congrats. :applause:[/QUOTE]

It seems that Futureshop, while horrible at handling pre-order content, shipping, and pricing, have mastered the art of managing expectations.

There's some old proverb my Turkish friend always says. If you want to make a man happy you take his donkey away, and then give it back to him. That kinda applies here.

[quote name='saad77']My BF 3 order hasn't shipped yet either, which is strange because all of my other games shipped day before release, except Batman, but I got an e-mail saying there was a problem. No e-mail as of yet and not shipped yet. FS is really starting to frustrate me with their inconsistency. Just glad I didn't order skyrim through them. I made sure i'm picking it up in store day of release.[/QUOTE]

I'm never ordering anything from Futureshop again. fuck these pricks. I've had nothing but problems so far on my orders.

Check out Future Shop's awesome customer support! LOL!!

I noticed my pre-order for Battlefield 3 hasn't shipped yet.. just wondering if there's a reason as to why and when you expect it to ship? A friend of mine pre-ordered it from Future Shop as well, although at a much later date than I did, and his is 'on vehicle for delivery'.

We do our best to make high-interest items available to pre-order to ensure customers have a copy reserved. However, our warehouses only receive the stock the same day as our stores, and can only begin shipping on the day of release due to contractual agreements with the manufacturer. Due to this, your copy of Battlefield 3 will be processed for shipping on Oct 25th, 2011. Please allow the standard shipping time from release date.

[quote name='centracore']Check out Future Shop's awesome customer support! LOL!![/QUOTE]

We do our best to make high-interest items available to pre-order to ensure customers have a copy reserved. However, our warehouses only receive the stock the same day as our stores, and can only begin shipping on the day of release due to contractual agreements with the manufacturer. Due to this, your copy of Battlefield 3 will be processed for shipping on Oct 25th, 2011. Please allow the standard shipping time from release date.

Wow ... really? Did they think about what they wrote? Because the way I read it was this:

You might as well not pre-order any more items from us in the future. We aren't any better than [insert any retailer here], and your chance of getting the item on release date is actually better if you go wait in a line somewhere else.

Thanks for your money, we'll ship it when we get around to it.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Wow ... really? Did they think about what they wrote? Because the way I read it was this:[/QUOTE]

Sorry onemorechanc, I deleted my post above because I wanted to edit in my latest reply along with some thoughts! Anyways, here it all is:

Check out Future Shop's awesome customer support! LOL!!

[quote name='me']I noticed my pre-order for Battlefield 3 hasn't shipped yet.. just wondering if there's a reason as to why and when you expect it to ship? A friend of mine pre-ordered it from Future Shop as well, although at a much later date than I did, and his is 'on vehicle for delivery'.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Future Shop']We do our best to make high-interest items available to pre-order to ensure customers have a copy reserved. However, our warehouses only receive the stock the same day as our stores, and can only begin shipping on the day of release due to contractual agreements with the manufacturer. Due to this, your copy of Battlefield 3 will be processed for shipping on Oct 25th, 2011. Please allow the standard shipping time from release date.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='me']If you can only begin shipping on the day of release due to contractual agreements with the manufacturer please explain how I have multiple friends who pre-ordered from futureshop.ca as well and had their orders shipped out yesterday and are arriving at their residence today? Sounds like that 'contractual agreement with the manufacturer' is more of a convenient scapegoat than anything..[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have really cared if they responded with "sorry, yours got missed" or whatever the reason may be.. But by stating they couldn't ship it out until today due to "contractual agreements with the manufacturer" while numerous people I know, including other users on here, had their copies shipped out yesterday - their response really irked me, as if they thought I would be too stupid to put 2 + 2 together and just accept it.

FS email support is clueless and will come up with all kinds of crazy BS policy excuses to tell you, if you phone them it's a whole different story. I had their email tell me several times that they had to cancel my SSX game cause an order came down from head office relating to the publisher not giving them a specific release date or some BS, meanwhile I knew it was because they screwed up on their site by listing the unreleased game as a released but out of stock game. They repeatedly refused to correct this and reinstate my order via email. Called on the phone and they fixed it immediately.

Got the BAC SteelBook in the mail today. Found a new reason to complain: the UPC sticker they used leaves an awful lot of adhesive residue when you try to remove it. Time to get the Goo Gone out, I guess.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']They impressed you by giving you what you ordered. Funny, but congrats. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Nah, I never once expected release date delivery and I was alright with that. I expected 5 business day ground shipping and instead got priority overnight. Hopefully Uncharted 3 next week goes just as smoothly.

I emailed them asking why Battlefield 3 hadn't been shipped or billed yet, and asked why I still didn't get my NHL 12 steelbook. This was their reply..

"We have been recently informed that the Batman: Arkham City Steelbooks are not being offered outside of the Oct 7th - Oct 25th pre-order timeframe.
And yet do not yet have any update from the Manufacturer for the NHL 12 Steelbooks at this time, once we receive an update and/or shipment, the steelbooks will be shipped out to our customers as they come in."

#1. I never mentioned Batman, at all.
#2. They've told me at least 5 separate times through email and telephone that my NHL steelbook was already sent out, now they are saying they are out of stock.
#3. NO MENTION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 AT ALL. fuck YOU FUTURESHOP.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']haha they must just be copying and pasting replies now[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pathetic actually. I've emailed them more than a dozen times in the last month, and they never seem to properly address my questions. It's always some generic response.

Well, Arkham City finally came today. No steelbook yet, though. I can only assume they're shipping it separately because they don't have the brains to order the right number from the mysterious "manufacturer" (hint: look at how many preorders you have—that's how many steelbooks you need).

Grrr.....This is really starting to piss me off now! So no battlefield 3 shipped yet. I called CS and they tell me it is on BACKORDER!!! Even though I pre-ordered it in JUNE!! What the hell FS? Get your act together!

[quote name='trippingmartian']Got the BAC SteelBook in the mail today. Found a new reason to complain: the UPC sticker they used leaves an awful lot of adhesive residue when you try to remove it. Time to get the Goo Gone out, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Got my steelbook too. Though I just used water and a J cloth to remove the residue.

Still no shipment or billing notice for Battlefield 3... I have a feeling this is going to turn into another huge headache. How can a company as big as future shop have such shitty customer service and competence? What's the point in pre-ordering if we can't even get our item on the day of release? It's been released for 24 hours now and they still haven't bothered shipping it..

[quote name='TOLeafs']Got my steelbook too. Though I just used water and a J cloth to remove the residue.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll try that. I don't want it smelling like lemon, so that is probably better.

[quote name='CACG']Still no shipment or billing notice for Battlefield 3... I have a feeling this is going to turn into another huge headache. How can a company as big as future shop have such shitty customer service and competence? What's the point in pre-ordering if we can't even get our item on the day of release? It's been released for 24 hours now and they still haven't bothered shipping it..[/QUOTE]

Try phoning instead. Email never works

[quote name='trippingmartian']Thanks. I'll try that. I don't want it smelling like lemon, so that is probably better.[/QUOTE]

A white eraser works surprisingly well, also.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I received my B:AC steel book as well, a quick application of Goo Gone and it was off no problem. Didn't damage the steel book, either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I ended up using GG, after all. Takes like 5 seconds.

Just got off the phone with Future Shop yet again... Battlefield 3 still has not shipped. Its in stock, sitting in their warehouse, and they still havent billed me.
They changed the bullshit story they gave me yesterday, and now they are saying that their system was unable to process the payments from so many orders... what a load of shit
They said it SHOULD be shipped out today, but I have a funny feeling it will be next week before it arrives. fuck future shop and their endless train of excuses... this is so pathetic and unprofessional of them

Thought I would update everyone on my Batman AC order. I checked my Credit Card online and they refunded the $10 as they said they would and today I got the steelbook which I didn't even ask for. In the end I had to whine a bit but pretty pleased it all worked out

Last edited by a moderator:
So they shipped my BF 3 and I received it today. Limited Edition one too, so no complaints there. Still no explanation as to why it was shipped 2 days late. I also received an e-mail about the Batman AC steelbook. Apparently they admitted there was a screw up and a steelbook is being sent to me and they also included a coupon code for 5% off any item on the FS website that is good until Nov. 27. Now lets just hope everything goes well for my Uncharted pre-order next week...

I got my BF3 on launch day. Just missed the courier.

Anyone try partially cancelling their order? I want to keep Diablo 3 at 40 bucks but still have AC: R and U3 to go and my bank account is getting pummeled. Just wondering if anyhting happens if I cancel an order if 1 or 2 of the 3 games have already been shipped.

[quote name='darkandlong']I got my BF3 on launch day. Just missed the courier.

Anyone try partially cancelling their order? I want to keep Diablo 3 at 40 bucks but still have AC: R and U3 to go and my bank account is getting pummeled. Just wondering if anyhting happens if I cancel an order if 1 or 2 of the 3 games have already been shipped.[/QUOTE]

You can't. You have to cancel it all.

[quote name='saad77'] I also received an e-mail about the Batman AC steelbook. Apparently they admitted there was a screw up and a steelbook is being sent to me and they also included a coupon code for 5% off any item on the FS website that is good until Nov. 27. Now lets just hope everything goes well for my Uncharted pre-order next week...[/QUOTE]
I got the code yesterday too and used it on Zelda. And I got the Batman steelbook in the mail in the last 2 days.
[quote name='darkandlong']I understand that but if I've already receive part of my order and cancel the rest has anyone been hassled at all?[/QUOTE]
If you cancel the rest and keep Diablo 3, you might negate the e3 promo. You have 2 choices; return the unwanted games in-store instead of cancel, they still might nullify your $40 pre-order on Diablo 3. Best option keep the games and sell them on kijiji and still retain your e3 pre-order of Diablo 3.

Because the E3 games all had different release dates, they send them out as separate shipments. I have returned a previous game in store without any problems. So, in other words, I returned 1 shipment and it did not affect any of the remaining games.

Hope this clears it up a little.

What I wonder is not about whether they will ship the remaining games, but whether they will adjust the price on the remaining games. I have a 5 game order and I'll probably need to return two of the 5, or alternatively try to sell them.

A bit off topic, but I order Uncharted 3 as part of this deal. Just wondering if anybody's copy has shipped yet? Mine has not.

Heads up guys!

I emailed FS this morning about why Uncharted 3 hasn't been shipped yet and here's the response I got.

"We have verified the status of your order and the product is on special order with the manufacturer. We have requested an estimated time of arrival (ETA) from the manufacturer; however, they have not supplied us with a date as of yet.

Your order will be shipped as soon as we receive inventory and you will be notified via e-mail.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We value your business and we look forward to serving you again."

Another FS fail lol.

Going to buy a copy in-store and return the one they ship to me. I'm not going to sit around and wait for them on this one.

They normally ship games on release date at the earliest, I wouldn't expect it to ship til tomorrow. You can't really trust what they tell you by email, they are incompetent and tell you crap that makes no sense. It could very well ship tomorrow. I would be more concerned myself but FS is just my backup copy, getting the CE from Amazon.

There's going to be a slew of angry posts next week when Skyrim doesn't get delivered until the 15th. :D

I can understand peoples frustrations, but for the discount on the games, a week delay is worth it. Usually we wait a few months MINIMUM for a game to drop to $40. To be able to get it within 7-10 days of release for that price sells it for me.

On the other hand, Future Shop really should be more cognizant of their reputation. Not honoring pre order bonuses and refusing to offer solutions to irate customers is just poor business.

FS is doing whatever they can to screw E3 pre-orders out of any bonuses or offer respectable customer service or consideration. The hassle may be worth the $20 savings but you could get most of these games from BB during E3 for $4 more and they seem to be treating their customers with some respect. BB is now offering double rewardzone points for gamers too. I've always preferred to shop at Best Buy and this experience really reinforces that. I avoid FS retail stores but never had hesitation to shop at their online store before, now I'll think twice.

bread's done
Back