Expired Giftcards. Got some?

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Do you have any expired giftcards, valuecards, etc? If you have something that says something to the tune of "redeemable for $X" that has expired, and there are local stores in CA, post here and we can figure out how to turn lost money into new items. I figured I give it a shot, since I have had movie passes expire on me while living outside CA and threw them out. According to CA law, such things are protected from expiration. If you have said items and will not be making a trip to an area with anti-expiration laws then post here with what you have so that something may be worked out. Peace.

I think the expired giftcard thing is completely overblown, especially the recent news of "dormancy fees" if you dont use cards. I recently used a Blockbuster card that expired in 2000 without a hitch. Customers come in to Barnes and Noble all the time with cruddy old gift cards that feature a supposed "1.50 fee if card isnt used after 12 months". Never had a problem with it. So try using those cards before you throw them out or hand them over to someone else.

Wait, I thought the expiration was determined at purchase. Meaning if I buy a gift card in NH or MA (can't expire) I can use it anywhere indefinately. I didn't know that the result could be different depending on where I buy the item, not the gift card.

Need to look into whether the giftcard is tied to its purchase location or the location of latest purchase. It would be nice if it were the latter (since you could go somewhere that prevents expiring giftcards), but on an evil corporation standpoint it would most likely favor the location where the giftcard would expire.

mingleje: ??

bread's done
Back