*EXPIRED*Great MTV.com deal (Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FF games $13 shipped!*EW)

Final Starman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
*Yep, looks like MTV caught onto us bad bad CAGs. XD! Oh well, at least some people got some great stuff. Lets just hope all those RPGs are non GH!

http://mtvshop.mtv.com/product.aspx?sku=50018313&search_store=5

Got some great deals here. Get your order above $50 to get $8.29 off. Free shipping on all non-electonic items. The code summer gives 10% off. Props to maxflight for finding this for Halo 2 CE ($38 shipped). Try getting orders to $50 to get the $8 discount and then if you have more to order that'll come out to $50 again, order it separately to get the $8 off again.

Deals I've seen:

Time Crisis 3 w/ gun - $40
Front Mission 4 - $26.11
Freedom Fighters: Battle For Liberty Island - $16.50
MMBN 3 Blue and White - $12 each
XENOGEARS - $13
CHRONO CROSS - $13
VAGRANT STORY - $13
GROWLANSER GENERATIONS DELUXE -$59.82
Halo 2 CE -$38

Wavebirds - $27

You can pad your order with stuff like the X-box extension cable or strategy guides. For a total of $39.82 I got:

Vagrant Story
Grey Wavebird
Tales of Symphonia Guide

w00t, my first real deal post!

I might just have to pick up FF Origins and FF 9.... now to get it up to 50 bucks...

update: FF Origins, FF Chronicles, FF IX and Vagrant Story shipped for 47. Seems like a good deal to me. Thanks!

Great deal...I may pick up a Pre-Order XBOX game and an extension cable ;)

$38 For Burnout 3 or Fable or Star Wars....hmmmm.

What to choose

Does anyone know if any of the XBOX controllers are good? I've seen some for around $15 and it would be a good filler for a $38 game.

I need a 4th controller....I have 2 big, 1 small. Wondering if any are worth it, or if I should just get another MS controller for the extra money.

Trying to decide between:
Burnout 3 (although I have a $15 coupon for EAstore.com still
Star Wars Battlefront (hoping for some kind of release date deal with the DVD's..I doubt it though)
Rocky Legends (just have heard NOTHING much though)
Ghost Recon:Stonewall (not sure if I want to pre-order quite yet though)
Midway Treasures 2....good filler game for $18.xx

Ok, I'm done....too many good games coming out soon.

Already have Halo 2 on order and Fable I'm waiting on.

Prices seem to have gone up on most items (or at least what I was interested in): e.g., Growlanser Deluxe is $75, Halo 2 C.E. is $52, FF Origins is $14.50, etc. Stilll has free shipping and $8.29 off $50, but not as sweet as it was before.

Dang. Missed out. :(

[quote name='unbongwah']Prices seem to have gone up on most items (or at least what I was interested in): e.g., Growlanser Deluxe is $75, Halo 2 C.E. is $52, FF Origins is $14.50, etc. Stilll has free shipping and $8.29 off $50, but not as sweet as it was before.

Dang. Missed out. :([/quote]

you have to put it in your cart to get 8 bucks off, and put in the code SUMMER to get it for the $60 price. i have it in my cart now. Read the OP more carefully. :)

EDIT: I am talking about Growlanser, hehe.

they better change their pics then cause they show the regluar xenogears box

people could order thinking its the first one and they get the GH

bait ans switch

thanks for the notice, but I dont think they care if a game is GH or not.. those are something only we gamers would know.... so lighten up if you didnt get original version.. and if you did, consider yourself lucky

Thanks for the deal... I got

Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Origins

for 61 shipped after tax... not too shabby

For less than $20 more I really should get the Growlanser (I work at GS so I get a discount). I also wouldn't be in a rush to play it because of SO3 and Phantom Brave. Thanks so much!

I also have been wanting to get the PS RPGs.
So I got:

Xenogears
FF Origins
FF Anthology
FF Chronicles

for $43 shipped, that comes out to be ~11 per game.

Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='Scorch']Since when has "Battle For Liberty Island" been tagged onto Freedom Fighters!?[/quote]

The game's name was changed a few times before it was released, and one of the names was "Freedom: the Battle for Liberty Island". Since it's the same game, they probably accidentally added the old subtitle onto the name. Some of the price tags in stores still even call it by it's "Freedom: Battle for Liberty Island" name, I know my local Bestbuy had it listed as that.

[quote name='Fatesealer']I swear this site has ruined me... I got in on Xenogears, Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross...[/quote]

since joining these boards by checking ccount balance has dwindled so fast... and those credit card balances keep going up... :shock:

WTF? The confirmation email I got lists the price of the item before the discounts. Anyone else get this problem? I'm emailing them to make sure they charge me the correct amount.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='ZForce915']Can I assume that the Playstation games will be GH versions?[/quote]

Most likely, yes.[/quote]

Has FF Origins gone Greatest Hits? I know Chronicles has. Not sure about Anthology.

[quote name='Wet Ninja'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='ZForce915']Can I assume that the Playstation games will be GH versions?[/quote]

Most likely, yes.[/quote]

Has FF Origins gone Greatest Hits? I know Chronicles has. Not sure about Anthology.[/quote]

Origins, no. Anthology, yes.

hmph, my conformation email does not reflect the discounts... says my total was 58 bucks, not 47... oh bother i hope this doesnt show up on my card, id hate to have to deal with mtv... anyone get this problem that ordered from the site?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']WTF? The confirmation email I got lists the price of the item before the discounts. Anyone else get this problem? I'm emailing them to make sure they charge me the correct amount.[/quote]

please let me know what they say!

[quote name='iheartmetal'][quote name='Fatesealer']I swear this site has ruined me... I got in on Xenogears, Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross...[/quote]

since joining these boards by checking ccount balance has dwindled so fast... and those credit card balances keep going up... :shock:[/quote]

I know that pain

*glances over at credit card statement sobs*

[quote name='iheartmetal'][quote name='Dead of Knight']WTF? The confirmation email I got lists the price of the item before the discounts. Anyone else get this problem? I'm emailing them to make sure they charge me the correct amount.[/quote]

please let me know what they say![/quote]

Same thing happened to me....I also sent them an e-mail. I printed out the confirmation from the website that has the discounted price and I even offered to fax it to them if they needed proof....I hope they write back soon!

Oh well... 3 of the 4 orders I'm placing with them won't be cancelled anyway since the deals are good to begin with. The only one I'd cancel is the Growlanser one.

I just checked "my account" on the website, and it still reflects the discounted price. I am not sure why the email confirmation says differently, but at least the website still has the record of the discounted price.

Has anyone tried to order a whole bunch of things in $50 increments to see if you can get the 8 bucks off for each order? I want to do that but I am not sure if you can only get the discount once per account. Thanks.

I just checked my credit card online, there is a charge of 47.19 going through, thats the total of my order with the discount. So I guess their conformation emails just suck, again the charge on my card reflects both discounts. What a relief...

I was going to stop buying games completely for at least a month, but this price on Growlanser deluxe... Isn't this $90 everywhere? Thats like $30 off.

[quote name='crissy1616']
Has anyone tried to order a whole bunch of things in $50 increments to see if you can get the 8 bucks off for each order? I want to do that but I am not sure if you can only get the discount once per account. Thanks.[/quote]

That's what I'm doing right now; it is NOT one per account. 3 of my 4 orders have the $8.29 off.

What I'm thinking of the confirmation email is that it is just a confirmation of the stuff you ordered- note there is no slot for discounts on the confirmation email's order status. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be resolved.

PS- Best Buy sucks for forcing you to email someone to cancel an order.

Dafoomie... yes it is $30 off. Which is precisely the sole reason why I ordered it.

[quote name='dafoomie']I was going to stop buying games completely for at least a month, but this price on Growlanser deluxe... Isn't this $90 everywhere? Thats like $30 off.[/quote]

Yep. The total price was $59.82 after discounts! I am glad I found this deal!

[quote name='Graystone'][quote name='iheartmetal'][quote name='Fatesealer']I swear this site has ruined me... I got in on Xenogears, Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross...[/quote]

since joining these boards by checking ccount balance has dwindled so fast... and those credit card balances keep going up... :shock:[/quote]

I know that pain

*glances over at credit card statement sobs*[/quote]

I think we all have said this at one time or another:
"It's only $xx.xx... I get paid soon so I'm good..."

...this was over $500 of games ago...

I know someone asked this already, but it wasn't completely answered...

Of Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, and the many FF's, which aren't Greatest Hits?

dafoomie, only FF Origins.

I got a confirmation email that they recieved my email so we should get a response in a day or two:
"Please include the following line in all replies.
Tracking number: (dunno if this is important so I edited it out)

The MTV shop has received your email

Thank you for contacting the MTV shop.

We have received your email and a Customer Care Agent will respond
within the next business day.

Thank you for your patience.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

The MTV Shop
shop.mtv.com

MTV.com
www.MTV.com"

Just curious for those who have placed orders already. Do you see the discount on the emailed invoice? I don't. But the discounts come out when I go to the web and check.

I emailed them about this but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

[quote name='iheartmetal']I just checked my credit card online, there is a charge of 47.19 going through, thats the total of my order with the discount. So I guess their conformation emails just suck, again the charge on my card reflects both discounts. What a relief...[/quote]

i quoted myself.... 8)

bread's done
Back