[Expired] Split/Second is $40 at Best Buy (5/30 - 6/5)

Also hoping for a Amazon PM. Should be getting my $10 credit from ModNation by the end of the week.

$30 after $10 credit? Hell yeah :D

Does Target price match? They've changed policies a couple of times and I dont know what their current policy is. But I have a Target GC, that I'd like to get rid of, and this would be a great use. :)

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Does Target price match? They've changed policies a couple of times and I dont know what their current policy is. But I have a Target GC, that I'd like to get rid of, and this would be a great use. :)[/QUOTE]

Based on my experience, Target does not price-match competitors. Though, your mileage may vary, so it never hurts to take an ad to a local store and ask a sales associate.

Wow! The more I play this thing, the more it blows me away. If you guys have any interest in racing games at all...I really think this thing moves the genre forward a bit. A steal at $40.

[quote name='goodnews13']Guys, really..this game is PHENOMENAL. The whole game is so much better than the demo. WELL worth $60..not to mention $40![/QUOTE]
Well, after playing the demo, I concluded that it has some pretty stiff controls (especially when trying to drift) and is kind of boring. Maybe I'm just bad at the game. I liked the Blur beta a lot more, but who knows, maybe when it comes to the actual full games, it's the other way around?

[quote name='sippycupz']Well, after playing the demo, I concluded that it has some pretty stiff controls (especially when trying to drift) and is kind of boring. Maybe I'm just bad at the game. I liked the Blur beta a lot more, but who knows, maybe when it comes to the actual full games, it's the other way around?[/QUOTE]
From what I have read the SS demo is shit compaired to the full game.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Does Target price match? They've changed policies a couple of times and I dont know what their current policy is. But I have a Target GC, that I'd like to get rid of, and this would be a great use. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people are saying Target doesn't price match...they will match any current printed ad. They have it plastered all over the stores that past few months and from what I hear, it's permanent.

[quote name='JockoMarlowe']I don't know why people are saying Target doesn't price match...they will match any current printed ad. They have it plastered all over the stores that past few months and from what I hear, it's permanent.[/QUOTE]

This must be new, because they've flat out DENIED me a pricematch to not only on a Walmart Ad, but their OWN WEBSITE as well. This was almost a year and a half ago, so I hope things have changed, but I do not want to have to go through another heated debate with a manager. >:p

It changed around 6-9 months ago... it's only 7 days, though, and I don't think they PM their website. (which is common in a lot of stores, except Best Buy)

[quote name='Kaijuboy']This must be new, because they've flat out DENIED me a pricematch to not only on a Walmart Ad, but their OWN WEBSITE as well. This was almost a year and a half ago, so I hope things have changed, but I do not want to have to go through another heated debate with a manager. >:p[/QUOTE]

I know that they will not price match their website currently (mostly cause of the amazon/target thing- but that ends soon). Their pricematch thing is relatively new (within the last year), so you should be good to go now. If you stop by again, you should see posters and signs all over the place about their price match. I've gone a few times in the past few months and had no problems at all. Good luck!

[quote name='Kaijuboy']This must be new, because they've flat out DENIED me a pricematch to not only on a Walmart Ad, but their OWN WEBSITE as well. This was almost a year and a half ago, so I hope things have changed, but I do not want to have to go through another heated debate with a manager. >:p[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience their as well. Target rarely has any deals that I'm interested in, but it;s go to know that they are price matching now.

Does anyone know if KMart price matches? I have a 40 gift card from a mess up during that last big sale of theirs.

Edit: Nevermind. went to the chat support on kmart website and was told they do not pricematch.

I have kinda the same question as others, Wal-mart will price match with a printed ad correct? I have some GC's I'd like to use towards it.

So i played the demo (again), this time got hooked on it so much i played it 4 times in a row...and i want more! Looks like Im going to pick this up tomorrow after pricematching with target.

[quote name='Spyder187']Does anyone know if KMart price matches? I have a 40 gift card from a mess up during that last big sale of theirs.

Edit: Nevermind. went to the chat support on kmart website and was told they do not pricematch.[/QUOTE]

Sears price matches and they take kmart gift cards.

Looks like Amazon price matched Best Buy's deal! Decided to glance their listing right before bed and lo and behold, it's $39.99. Picked one up for my PS3!

I'm going now and gonna try to use the 10% off RZ coupon from page 4 of this forum. Will post back if that works.

and WTF is everyone wishing this was Blur for? I'll drop IGN in here who practically said it was worse than S/S (hell S/S even got mentioned in the reviews closing comments!) Made the game sound like it was a 'grind' to get anywhere and relentless AI..but then again I read S/S is pretty hard once you get towards the end..either way, after reading the Official PS Mag's 3 page spread for this game (probably due to payolla though) I'm gonna get this..

edit: ok, quickest time I was ever in a BB. Grabbed the game as guy was changing shelf stickers, said he was going to pick one up..only 4 on the shelf (wonder if they'll get replenished throughout the week or if this is a bait-n-switch tactic, so beware of stock if planning on going later) Anyways, had the girl scan game, scan RZ card, scan coupon, worked! so $38.96 w/ tax and out the door. She didn't even flinch w/ the coupon, I did not note if there was an asterisk or not. Anyways, that coupon is only good for today & tomorrow, but maybe by tomorrow they have it fixed? I know for a fact those 10% coupons never work on release week DVD/BDs, so maybe something just has to be updated for the weekly sales..

coupon thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262729

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']and WTF is everyone wishing this was Blur for? I'll drop IGN in here who practically said it was worse than S/S (hell S/S even got mentioned in the reviews closing comments!) Made the game sound like it was a 'grind' to get anywhere and relentless AI..but then again I read S/S is pretty hard once you get towards the end..either way, after reading the Official PS Mag's 3 page spread for this game (probably due to payolla though) I'm gonna get this..[/QUOTE]

IGN's one of few who gave S/S a dramatically higher score than Blur. Blur has a higher gamerankings.com average (83.50%) than S/S does (82.70%). They're pretty different games, and I think that someone wanting Blur more is a valid opinion. :) I did, and I picked it up first.

But back to S/S, I want it too, and with this deal I think I'll pick it up today. Thanks for the heads up on the 10% coupon. I'll give that a shot, fingers crossed.

Take it from someone who has both games and has played them online and off for hours. Blur is really good, but SS is INCREDIBLE.

Picked this up today ... the sale plus the 10% coupon working was too much to resist.

I also used a $10 RZ certificate and $9 in left over GC from my LBP trade-in. Out the door for $19 and change.

Picked up Split Second for the PS3 and used up my $15 Reward Zone Certificate and the 10% off Video Games coupon that expires today. Got the game for $21 + tax. Pretty dang good.

No problem with the 10% coupon this morning for Split/Second and a PSN card... guy didn't even look at the coupn, just scanned everything and it came off with no problem.

bread's done
Back