Explain to me whats going on with my 360

nickmad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Help.
I turned on my 360 tonight and let it sit at the menu, walked over to my game shelf and when I returned, the screen was all fucked up and the system was frozen.
Since this was the first time my 360 has acted weird, I rebooted and tried again. Blank screen. Power down and reboot. 3 blinking red rings appeared.

After cursing up a storm, I turned it back on to see what would happen. They system booted up normally. Then 15 seconds later the screen was fucked and the system froze.

Whats the deal here? Are you supposed to be able to power it on after the RROD? Anyone else have this issue. I'm so angry right now.

[quote name='nickmad']Help.
I turned on my 360 tonight and let it sit at the menu, walked over to my game shelf and when I returned, the screen was all fucked up and the system was frozen.
Since this was the first time my 360 has acted weird, I rebooted and tried again. Blank screen. Power down and reboot. 3 blinking red rings appeared.

After cursing up a storm, I turned it back on to see what would happen. They system booted up normally. Then 15 seconds later the screen was fucked and the system froze.

Whats the deal here? Are you supposed to be able to power it on after the RROD? Anyone else have this issue. I'm so angry right now.[/QUOTE]

Your system is fucked. It's only a matter of time until it will be completely RRoD.

Keep turning it on and off, try charging a wireless controller (thats what made mine RRoD), until it completely dies.

Then call and wait like I will be for the next month.

You will find that you can occasionally turn on the system after the dreaded RROD. Although, sadly, even though you may be able to boot it up every now and then, it is still doomed.

Welcome to the club Nickmad, you're now in the majority.

I was just on M$ website and I'm out of warranty. 100 bucks to repair this thing. Might as well buy a new one.

My HDD is still good right?

[quote name='nickmad']I was just on M$ website and I'm out of warranty. 100 bucks to repair this thing. Might as well buy a new one.

My HDD is still good right?[/QUOTE]

Your 360 is over 3 years old? Because you have 3 years for the RRoD, 1 year for everything else.

Your 360 is having a baby.

Just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and say you got the RRoD. They will fix it for free, even if you don't.

[quote name='help1']Your 360 is having a baby.

Just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and say you got the RRoD. They will fix it for free, even if you don't.[/quote]

Thanks dude. Just called. Apparently I am under warranty. The website lied.
Getting fixed for free. Does anyone know exactly what they fix?

they fix the heatsink connected to your motherboard. apparently the motherboard gets warped easily because the heatsink doesn't do its job properly, or something like that. i recently got the RROD too and waiting for the coffin tomorrow :(

[quote name='Kundismack']Take it to gamestop to trade-in and pray it works when they check it.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to getting it fixed for free? Not to bright now are we?

[quote name='Immortal fWd']As opposed to getting it fixed for free? Not to bright now are we?[/QUOTE]

Not only that, the employee would have to be a complete moron to not check a 360 before taking it.

I think I'll be getting it fixed for free. I'm a dickhead, but not enough of one to trade GS a broken unit.

Maybe this 5 week window is the perfect time to get a Wii and SSBB.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']As opposed to getting it fixed for free? Not to bright now are we?[/quote]

It would be a pretty damn good idea...if nobody fixed it for free.

I just got a new 360, how can I tell when it was made and if it's a good date or not? I see Halo 3 on the back so I assume it's relatively new. Thanks.

This is like the 3 millionth thread about this same problem. Why do people keep asking what's wrong with the 360 when the screen gets all fucked up. Is it not obvious that it is broken? Do you think there is some magical 360 g-spot you can rub to undo whatever is going on? Call customer service and get your shit fixed. fuck!

/rant

[quote name='Malik112099']This is like the 3 millionth thread about this same problem. Why do people keep asking what's wrong with the 360 when the screen gets all fucked up. Is it not obvious that it is broken? Do you think there is some magical 360 g-spot you can rub to undo whatever is going on? Call customer service and get your shit fixed. fuck!

/rant[/quote]

See you in thread 3 million and 1

[quote name='Nealocus123']I just got a new 360, how can I tell when it was made and if it's a good date or not? I see Halo 3 on the back so I assume it's relatively new. Thanks.[/quote]

look at the sticker on your box w/ the barcode, serial, etc and you'll find:

LOT NO. XXXX

the first two numbers are the year, the second set tell the week. i just got my replacement from CC and i made sure it was from this year, Lot No. 0805. so that's 1st week of feb 2008. i suggest getting a 360 from this year.

and OP, it's best to just let MS fix it. my elite (1st release) got the RRoD two weeks ago. CC got a gift card out to me pretty quick with their replacement plan, but i don't think it's worth shelling out $99 for the plan to be one time use only.

and it's definitely not worth it when i picked up a pro system yesterday just to bring it home to see yet another RRoD right out of the box. got a working one today, so technically i'm on my 3rd 360.

[quote name='Malik112099']This is like the 3 millionth thread about this same problem. Why do people keep asking what's wrong with the 360 when the screen gets all fucked up. Is it not obvious that it is broken? Do you think there is some magical 360 g-spot you can rub to undo whatever is going on? Call customer service and get your shit fixed. fuck!

/rant[/quote]

Oh hey Malik112099, sorry to bother you and waste your oh so precious time. How stupid I must be. Shit, I should have remembered what happened when my 20 other Xboxes broke. I should really be a better human being and read all the threads on this site. Please don't think any less of me your holiness.

Go fuck yourself and drive off a cliff.

Yours truely
-nickmad

bread's done
Back