External Harddrive

Dragonsbane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Looking for a external harddrive, I have never had one, but need to back some stuff up. Reviews on sites are not as great as the testimony I get here usually. So I was looking for a drive bigger than 1 terrabyte and not looking to go over 100.00 portable is preferable, but desktop works too. I have looked at amazon, but cant really pin down one I want. Also if anyone knows if there is a special feature needed if I hook it up via usb to my router to use as a nas (built into my router already)

Check out PCDirect.com. It's based out of Mishawaka, IN. I picked up a 320GB external HD for $40. It's not name brand or anything, but I haven't had any problems with it. You'll have to format it and you're good to go.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Opinions on this one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041OSQBG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/QUOTE]

I've never owned that specific model, but I do have three WD externals on my dresser. They work like a dream. I've owned a 640GB for three years, a 1TB for two, and a 2TB for one year, and I've never had problems with unexpected errors, memory loss, or random corruptions. The one time something bad happened was entirely my fault. I had my 640GB plugged into my laptop while listening to music from it. I went to move my laptop without registering that it was still connected, and the drive dropped about 6 feet and hit the floor. The case didn't crack, but about a quarter of my files became corrupted. That's not bad for dropping from so high while being used, though.

I found the 2TB HDD I have through ZombieToast's link for $89.99. That's a great deal.

bread's done
Back