External usb portable hard drive,need recommendations.

I'm not sure how reputable eCost is as I've seen some negative reviews in the past, but they seem to have the best prices for external USB Hard Drives, with rebates... and with GCO. http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=36983774 is a 160 GB drive for $45 AR, which isn't bad at all, and you can use GCO to knock off shipping. Or as far as other externals go, you can pick up a 500 GB one for around $100 on there, which I've been considering picking up... It's Beyond Micro brand, which on other sites has gotten pretty great reviews as far as externals go.
Hope that helps.

Edit: Also, they have a 500 GB Cavalry for around $100... the external I've been using for a while now is a Cavalry, and it's worked well, hasn't let me down once and loads all my files pretty quickly.

I've been using the Western Digital MyBook's have two

a 250GB @ my office

on sale at CC for $109.99 web only

and a 500GB at home

on sale at CC for $169.99 web only and eligible for free shipping(items over $24)
I recall paying about that last year too so good price

also: the 160 is on sale at officedepot for $59.99 AR

another good one I've tried is the Maxtor One Touch (100gb tho) I have used it and moved up so I'm trying to trade it off,

Good luck they're great to have for storage and back up (no complaints with any of them, and they are all powered)

[quote name='Romis']
and a 500GB at home

on sale at CC for $169.99 web only and eligible for free shipping(items over $24)
[/quote] I don't know if Target "temporary price drops" are YMMV, but I saw this one for $150 tonight.

I'm also a MyBook user (got the 400GB for $100 during Black Friday last year) and it's a nice little thing to have around.

co-sgn on the mybook. i am a 500gb user and i got mine at costco for 169. its amazing how its fast enough to load samples for music production programs. it mightbe external, but its great for laptop beat junkies.

bread's done
Back