Extra $10 credit with XB or PS2 system trade-in at EB (now thru 12/10)

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Got this in the EB newsletter today:

Trade In PlayStation 2 or Xbox Hardware and Get an Extra $10 Trade-in Credit
Head down to your local EB Games store to trade in PlayStation 2 or Xbox hardware and get an extra $10 trade-in credit. Print this exclusive e-mail coupon and present it to an EB Games associate with your trade-in hardware from now until December 10, 2005.
Coupon:

[quote name='Quigoni']Bah! You beat me to it![/QUOTE]
Mwahaha. Coupon added to OP cause I don't feel like putting in effort at work for the 10th consecutive day.

I'd trade mine in, but then I'd get bored. I'm a little scared about the emulation list, as I have ALOT of games excluded from the list that I play/am playing.

I'm curious.. I wonder if Gamestop is offering the same promo/same trade-in amount

as of last week these were the regular trade in values

XBOX - $50.00
PS2 (old) - $60.00
PS2 (slim) - $85.00

$70 for my PS2 from back in '01. i still have the original box and everything, what do y'all think it'd go for on ebay?

[quote name='pimp tyranny']$70 for my PS2 from back in '01. i still have the original box and everything, what do y'all think it'd go for on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Ditto, with HDD + FFXI + original boxes and instructions o.o

my xbox is still under warranty, anyone know how to kill a xbox but not have it be obvious? LOL maybe i'll wait till they are out of stock and then just try to get a comparable priced system. (DS) :hot::bomb: $60 dollars isnt that much.....

I had planned on modding it and using it to stream video but i already have a cable ran to my tv in the living room and a long ass mouse cable ran to control it all so I'm not to concerned about that.

GAH!

I just traded in my PS2 2 weeks ago.

Next time I trade in a console and the games, someone needs to remind me to shop them around first. Bleh.

I'd rather take my chances on eBay. I sold my Xbox, an Action Replay, and the DVD kit for $137 (plus $20 for shipping). Not bad. I had the original box, and even left some of my HDD saves (which I regret not advertising) like NCAA 2006 I-A and I-AA rosters, Madden rosters, a GTA:SA save from almost the end of the first Los Santos missions, and a Jade Empire save near the end on it.

yeah, assuming i get my digital camera replaced under its warranty, i'll be listing a lot of stuff this sunday. i'm thinking i might make the jump to slim line as well.

ackbar.jpg

Know what I mean?

HAHA Ebay baby, thats the way to go. I sold my Xbox, 1 control, dvd remote, Tetris Worlds/Star Wars and like 10 OXM demos for $125! SHAME ON ME for even considering trading it in @ EB or GR!

[quote name='$hady']my xbox is still under warranty, anyone know how to kill a xbox but not have it be obvious? LOL maybe i'll wait till they are out of stock and then just try to get a comparable priced system. (DS) :hot::bomb: $60 dollars isnt that much.....

I had planned on modding it and using it to stream video but i already have a cable ran to my tv in the living room and a long ass mouse cable ran to control it all so I'm not to concerned about that.[/QUOTE]

I heard this from one source so I'm not sure if its 100% true, but you can try this: Keep switching between xbox games and dvds in very short increments for a good amount of time (10+ minutes or until you get bored). The xbox plays games and dvds at different speeds or something and it will end up overheating if you keep switching back and forth quickly, I believe.

[quote name='NiVRaM']I heard this from one source so I'm not sure if its 100% true, but you can try this: Keep switching between xbox games and dvds in very short increments for a good amount of time (10+ minutes or until you get bored). The xbox plays games and dvds at different speeds or something and it will end up overheating if you keep switching back and forth quickly, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Interesting! Thanks for the tip, hopefully someone here will try that if they are under warranty. ;) I had heard the same thing about how playing dvds on your XBox was bad for it but my friend uses his for both every day and has had it knocked off his tv to the floor and had his dvd drive door about ripped off both by his daughter and his Xbox is still solid as a rock. LOL I just went ahead and took the honest way out and sold it on EBay.

You should never trade in a perfectly working system for store credit. You can sell them on ebay, classifieds/craigslist (if you have one). Even the cheapest person on craigslist will offer you the $80 cash that the store would give in store credit.

I bit the bullet and just sold my big PS2, with 2 controllers, dvd remote, 8 sports games and 3 demos and got $130. Originally it was suppose to be only 5 games but decided to give a couple more (I wouldn't have missed them anyway).

bread's done
Back