Extra $50 on trade in of Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii starting now thru Sunday, March 6th

djpookie2000

CAGiversary!
Got an email letting me know starting now through Sunday March 6 you will get an extra $50 when trading in in any current get home console. You have to be a PowerUp Rewards member. Every little bit helps when trading in at Gamestop.

That's not too bad, kinda wish I could trade in my white Wii for a black/red one. : ( Best part being I bought my white Wii for $80 new. I think the current TIV is around $80, and they sell them Pre-Owned for around $120, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='llcooljunr']How much is an elite 360 going for nowadays?[/QUOTE]

A regular Elite or a SuperElite? Seems like the recent SuperElite has gone the way of the dinosaur, really glad I waited for a Slim as my first model

[quote name='JKSonic']In a post like this you should definitely post in the current TiV's for the consoles...[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was just about to ask what the going rate for an old 360 (non slim) is going for. A quick search on ebay shows that it goes for between $40-$150 depending on the condition and what's bundled, hmm...

[quote name='linkbear']It's also an extra 25 for any ps2, DS, or psp.[/QUOTE]

Hm, that means I could possibly still get a decent price for my PSP 2000 even after Gamestop hits me with the inevitable re-furbish fees.

[quote name='gryphter']I agree, I was just about to ask what the going rate for an old 360 (non slim) is going for. A quick search on ebay shows that it goes for between $40-$150 depending on the condition and what's bundled, hmm...[/QUOTE]

I actually just sold a RRinged "core" 360 with no harddrive, one controller, and the normal wires for $50 on ebay...so take that for what you will.

But I'd like to know the GS TiV's if there's a thread saying that you can get $50 extra. Been waiting for an opportunity to pick up a Slim...

I would like to know the trade in of a Wii as well. What is a PowerUp Rewards Member though? Is that the same thing as the 14.99 per year deal to get 10% off?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Can anyone confirm this? I've don't see this deal on the site, or in any emails.[/QUOTE]

I got the email as well. I think it's for Power Up Rewards members only.

Great. I tried to trade in my ds lite last night but forgot to bring the power cord. stupid me err.. I mean lucky me

I just called a few gamestops in the area to get quotes for a xbox 360 arcade w/ wireless controller: Store 1 quoted $50 w/ a $25 bonus. Store 2 quoted $40, no mention of bonus. Store 3 quoted $40 w/ a $50 bonus......also $20 for a 120 gb hard drive.....however i locked in the arcade at amazon a few days ago for $108.50, and it's currently at 102.50. I think I could probably get about $120 for it via craigslist though.

[quote name='oiskaio']People, look at the first page alone and answer your own questions.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281040

POST #6[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, seems you get about $85 for a 120 GB Elite console with everything included in the original box, plus $50 bonus puts you up at $135 credit and you still need $165 to get a a slim 250 GB model.

Seems like a crappy offer to me, last bonus offer I traded in a 120 GB elite and got $170 worth of credit and only had to pay $30 extra for a Wii.

[quote name='jdb230']I just called a few gamestops in the area to get quotes for a xbox 360 arcade w/ wireless controller: Store 1 quoted $50 w/ a $25 bonus. Store 2 quoted $40, no mention of bonus. Store 3 quoted $40 w/ a $50 bonus......also $20 for a 120 gb hard drive.....however i locked in the arcade at amazon a few days ago for $108.50, and it's currently at 102.50. I think I could probably get about $120 for it via craigslist though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the research.

For Amazon, do you need the green Arcade box it came in?

[quote name='XF Gator']Thanks for the research.

For Amazon, do you need the green Arcade box it came in?[/QUOTE]

For Amazon, you need absolutely everything that came with it...

[quote name='david12795']i would be in on this but i dont want to lose all my save data on the wii :([/QUOTE]

its only brawl and mario kart that would be somewhat annoying to redo

[quote name='donut']For Amazon, you need absolutely everything that came with it...[/QUOTE]

yes it is probably true. including all manuals, cables, etc.

[quote name='jterp7']its only brawl and mario kart that would be somewhat annoying to redo[/QUOTE]

i agree and those are the game i only need to transfer...and two of my VC games.

does anyone know if mario galaxy and twilight princess will transfer fine? since they're not "wifi"

$90 is not worth it. Will hang onto my second 360. Been considering trading it towards 3DS but less than $100 just isn't worth it, it's a perfectly working version of the last arcade they made and it runs cooler than my slim. Also nice to have to take to fighting game gatherings/tournaments.

[quote name='david12795']i agree and those are the game i only need to transfer...and two of my VC games.

does anyone know if mario galaxy and twilight princess will transfer fine? since they're not "wifi"[/QUOTE]

yes to both

[quote name='david12795']i agree and those are the game i only need to transfer...and two of my VC games.

does anyone know if mario galaxy and twilight princess will transfer fine? since they're not "wifi"[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if its really worth it to try and transfer it since there's supposedly a chance of bricking with the software used to transfer those type of save files.

maybe this is a silly question, but it says power up rewards members..does that include the free membership too? (technically the paid members are power up rewards PRO)

with the psp price drop announcement for Sunday...
If you are considering trading in a 1000, 2000, or 3000 today would be the day...
I wouldn't risk a base drop as GS acts fairly quickly...

Not too bad overall - I traded in my arcade 360 (Jasper, as it had 256MB built-in and had a 150W brick) that was acting somewhat flaky (occasional corrupt textures in games after playing for awhile, etc.) for $100 total ($50 base + $50 extra). I couldn't trade it into Amazon because I chucked the box and manuals when I moved in November, but TIV there on it is only $74 anyway. I'd already replaced it with a slim + Kinect bundle that I bought from Amazon last week w/ the $25 credit deal that was match on Target's deal and threw the 250GB HD that I'd bought from Woot a little ways back (just ripped it out of the casing) in and all is well. :D

[quote name='jterp7']maybe this is a silly question, but it says power up rewards members..does that include the free membership too? (technically the paid members are power up rewards PRO)[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me on it, but when I traded in a PS2 last night the guy said something about it being only for pro members, but that was based on what he read off the computer after scanning my card. So I don't know for sure.

bread's done
Back