Extra Life Game for Charity Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think maybe we should start focusing on next year. bluedot is a busy person so it doesn't help the situation if all the bumps on the thread are disgruntled. Remember that we all did a great thing for the children. Getting swag or a game is just a nice bonus on top of the great deed everyone did.

For those that signed up for it, how are you liking your Extra Life shirt?

Does anyone have a pic or link to the 2011 shirt they gave away? I should have paid my $15 to get a shirt (the club thing) or bought a street team shirt at least.

Show me what I am missing out on. Still wearing my shirt from 2010.

Anyone thinking about 2012 already? I think I may do a marathon on my birthday (May) to kick off fundraising for this year.

I am. I'll take a shot when I get home. Its a Blue shirt with a neon green (sorta) arcade on it with the million dollar amount raised. Not a bad shirt.

I'm ready for next year, prolly not doing the giveaways (up in the air)

I'm doing my best to recruit friends to game with me this year. It got REALLY difficult to play alone into the morning. I need people to game with to keep me awake lol

Nice I may join you in that if that's okay? I'm also hoping to get some ME3 mp going as well as try to cut into my backlog a bit.

Did anyone do the survey for last year's event? I just got a free Platinum registration code for doing it, but it expires April 6. I wanna join Team CAG again, but it's not up yet. Can you switch teams at any time?

I think you can switch teams during initial registration each year. I didn't the survey for the platinum reg :(

Got rid of the 360 and switched to a PS3, wonder what I'll have then to play. Here's to hoping MHP3 drops on PS3.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']So here's the plan; a slight variation of the initial raffle format. Instead of donors being picked one at a time, donors will be contacted in groups of 5 every 2 to 3 days in February starting February 1st. The earlier you're contacted, the larger the selection.

There is a slight upside if you're contacted later in February, as there'll most likely be new shwag items I've collected from the February press events that I'll include, such as Vita-related stuff and possible items from an Activision press junket I'm attending in Vegas next week.[/QUOTE]

Wow a drive by update, and another 12 weeks of silence/absence.

[quote name='frostybroc']I think you can switch teams during initial registration each year. I didn't the survey for the platinum reg :(

Got rid of the 360 and switched to a PS3, wonder what I'll have then to play. Here's to hoping MHP3 drops on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Just got a PS3 last month. Here's hoping Playstation All-Stars is released!

Hey guys. Team will be up soon. I just got in a huge debate over how our way of raising money is no different than say, Relay for Life. Kinda got me pumped for this year.

Ladies and gentleman, don't sleep with crazy.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Check your emails: bluedotlounge is alive and there's progress![/QUOTE]
Has anyone else heard from bluedotlounge after this post? I went through my email a couple times and checked my spam/trash, but I didn't see anything.

Also, did any of you guys stream your play-time? If so, how did you capture your video? I couldn't find a good way to stream my PC gaming, so I gave up on that.

[quote name='randomdud']Has anyone else heard from bluedotlounge after this post? I went through my email a couple times and checked my spam/trash, but I didn't see anything.

Also, did any of you guys stream your play-time? If so, how did you capture your video? I couldn't find a good way to stream my PC gaming, so I gave up on that.[/QUOTE]

Got an email from bluedot on 4/30 asking me to pick from the list. Emailed him back the same day. He was hoping to get things sent out in the next 2 weeks.

About streaming... My advice is to start testing prior to the event. PC is a unique situation, but I'm sure there are ways to stream it. If you have a spare laptop and a webcam you can always alternate it between you and the screen.

2 years ago I set up my Xbox live vision cam to shoot the tv and connected it to my laptop. It went down a few times, but we kept on going.

Last year I just updated people on Facebook. Was going to do Audioboos but we had a lot of other issues (my partner for the event had his wireless on his 360 go out).

Not sure what we will do this year... Feedback from the streaming was that people didn't want to see what I was playing, but more of my face and those playing in the room with me.

I'd love to do a streaming event, but I don't have the means too. If I can get a group together maybe we can find a place that will do something like that for us.

My main problem with streaming was my bandwidth. I couldn't play games without some mild-average lag on almost every online game. That and free screen capture software sucks. Seriously.

I received the email from Bluedot nearly 2 months ago. Has anyone received anything from him yet? Im a little curious whats going on.

[quote name='NateWhs152']I received the email from Bluedot nearly 2 months ago. Has anyone received anything from him yet? Im a little curious whats going on.[/QUOTE]

I also received an email from him months ago. When nothing arrived in the mail after a month, I politely emailed him to see if he mailed the game yet or if something went wrong. He apologized and said he didn't send the game out yet and would send something similar with some free shwag which was fine by me. I haven't heard from him since LOL! :lol:

I pretty sure the email I had sent him after he contacted me went straight to his spam folder. Since that was where he originally found the first email I sent him.

Alright, I went on Extra Life and didn't see any notion of Team CAG up there so if there are no objections, I'll create it or someone else can who's dedicated. Also I'll create the thread later with request for sticky and will post the thread back in here.

[quote name='frostybroc']Alright, I went on Extra Life and didn't see any notion of Team CAG up there so if there are no objections, I'll create it or someone else can who's dedicated. Also I'll create the thread later with request for sticky and will post the thread back in here.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me. BTW, I have some games and other stuff I can give away this time without any issues like last time. I don't think I can actually do a full day marathon this year, so I'll probably just have to piggyback off of someone else's donation stream. :3

[quote name='frostybroc']Alright, I went on Extra Life and didn't see any notion of Team CAG up there so if there are no objections, I'll create it or someone else can who's dedicated. Also I'll create the thread later with request for sticky and will post the thread back in here.[/QUOTE]

Count me in again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back