Extreme Space Invading! Space Invaders Extreme

Can't say if the dual screens is a good or bad yet. Sometimes it's distracting to shift up and down past the gap when most of the action is at the bottom half, and then something flies off to the other screen. Certainly ups the difficulty.

I'm stuck on stage 3 boss already. I keep running out of time when the two aliens merge and I can't shoot out all the blocks fast enough. Those red squares are juuuust out of reach.

In terms of PSP:

Space Invaders Extreme could have been a perfect opportunity to showcase what the PSP can do better. But nope, they had to ruin it by inexplicably leaving out wi-fi multiplayer. Do I blame Sony or Square Enix? Dumbasses.

If it weren't for the shortcomings, I would have bought the PSP version too. And SONY would have seen actual game sales on their side of things. Imagine playing full tilt with none of this friend code BS. Sigh.

[quote name='Hibiwa'] Do I blame Sony or Square Enix? Dumbasses.
[/QUOTE]

More on Sony for not having a dedicated network for PSP online. That forces developers to incorporate it themselves, and it probably wasn't worth it for Square Enix to do it for a game like this that probably won't sell huge numbers anyway. i.e. online play probably wouldn't boost sales enough to make it worthwhile.

Vs. the DS where they just have to build in support for the Nintendo WiFi service.

Disappointing none-the-less.

Funny, considering Nintendo (I'm looking at you wii) isn't exactly known for great multiplayer wi-fi support either. Guess having a network at least gives them a slight leg up, especially for games that work well online.

Still need to get my friend code for Space Invaders. The weak DS antenna and wireless b is hampering my ability to play down in the living room.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Disappointing none-the-less.

Funny, considering Nintendo (I'm looking at you wii) isn't exactly known for great multiplayer wi-fi support either. Guess having a network at least gives them a slight leg up, especially for games that work well online.

Still need to get my friend code for Space Invaders. The weak DS antenna and wireless b is hampering my ability to play down in the living room.[/quote]

Go Xbox Live! At least someone got the message from watching Field of Dreams.

Got my paddle today and yes it DOES make a difference. Dodging bullets is like nothing now. You just spin the wheel and bam you are on the other side of the screen. Only tricky part is precision shooting which is required for high scores. But once I get the hang of it it'll be hard going back to the d-pad for Ranking Mode/Online.

I thought I read some where that using the paddle disable you scores from being uploaded to the leaderboard since it was an unfair advantage....

So where can I buy these paddles?
I'd love to get one.. but can't find them. I know they didn't come out here in NA.. :lol:
I need a black one!

[quote name='Hibiwa']Can't say if the dual screens is a good or bad yet. Sometimes it's distracting to shift up and down past the gap when most of the action is at the bottom half, and then something flies off to the other screen. Certainly ups the difficulty.[/QUOTE]

The dual screens are definitely good. For one, you can change the "thickness" of the screen separation in the Options -- an impressive touch I wish more games had.

Game is hard as nails, on the harder paths. Been stuck on stage 5 B for quite a while. Did finally at least make it to the boss last night, but was on my last life (playing with 5) and lasted about 5 seconds. :(

I never was much good at these types of games, have a hard time concentrating on both what I'm shooting at and what's going on at the bottom (run sideways into shots etc.). Not to mention those damn dive bombing instant kill bastards!

I went ahead and compiled all the friend codes that were posted in this thread for reference. Sorry if I missed anyone.

typeRJ:
545607-510032

Jayayess1190:
386694-139755

daroga:
060276-878845

Hibiwa:
154766-685532

RaPtOrsIII:
232076-772095

yukine:
296499-265910

I've got everyone on yukine's friend list...

When do you guys usually go online for SIE? I've played random wireless opponents around 11pm - 1am EST, but there aren't that many people waiting. It's kinda sad just staring at the screen and nobody shows. LOL.

Space Invaders Extreme needs a bigger online base. Of course everyone who got the PSP version is out of luck and cuts the player pool down.

Finally had enough and threw it on Goozex this morning. Just wasn't my cup of tea--which isn't surprising given I've never liked old school arcade games much. Oh well, t hat's the beauty of goozex, easy to try stuff out and ditch it for little loss.

In this case technically some "profit" since it already got matched for 550 points which is the equivalent of $27.50 if you were to buy the goozex points for $5 per 100 points.

Bah love this game but stuck on level 3...lol

anyone have a lead on less expensive black paddles?
the cag in me struggles with paying $30 for a game bought for $15...(found a mint copy used at GS)

bread's done
Back