Eye Floaters

Organ Donor

CAGiversary!
Eye floaters look like little pieces of lint or hair that float around your field of vision. I notice them a lot when looking at plain backgrouds like the sky, a plain wall, or a plain computer screen. I've had them for a while and the eye doctor says they are pretty common but they annoy the hell out of me. Just curious to see how many other CAGS have them and if they annoy them too.

I have them too and my eye doctor said the same thing. They're usually not that noticeable though, so they're not too annoying. I mostly see them when I'm riding around in a car as I look at the sky and don't really have anything to concentrate on.

Is that what they are? I though i had some sort of parasite. It looks sort of like a worm, and I only see them in my left eye. They're really annoying, once I notice one, I can't stop looking at it.

I got pegged in the eye by a tennis ball when I was in 6th grade and almost went permanently blind in that eye. I've seen floaters in that eye, at all times, ever since. My eye doctor told me they would probably go away by the time I turned 18, but I'm almost 22 now and no go. The floaters aren't really that bad, after a while. However, I am now extremely aversive to bright lights and on a sunny day, I walk with my eyes all but closed =/.

I can see them as well. When I was in middle school we took a field trip to some art and science place... They had this red background eye test machine you looked into.. it magnified and showed what was on the surface of your eye. It claimed they were germs etc.. I always figred thats what i was seeing.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Is that what they are? I though i had some sort of parasite. It looks sort of like a worm, and I only see them in my left eye. They're really annoying, once I notice one, I can't stop looking at it.[/quote]

Yeah they do look like worms under a microscope and I've thought the same thing. IIRC they're actually little chunks of the gelatinous substance inside your eye floating around. They're just less transparent than the rest of it for whatever reason so you see them when they pass through your field of vision.

Yeah I have them... Pretty annoying at times.

What they actually are is nerve endings that popped off your eye and are hanging loose. and what you are seeing is the shadow of them across your inner eye.

That why with the tennis ball hitting your eye caused alot of little nerves to pop off.

From what I have heard, they do NOT go away. They are hanging nerves and arent going to magically vanish. what I have hear to how you get rid of them (In japan) is they have to poke this microscopic version of a blender into your eye and they try to literally blend them up into your eye goo. While doing this they have to keep your eye at the same pressure so it doesnt de-flate. Doesnt sound to appealing to me... dont know about you guys...

I've been told it's just foreign matter, dust or dirt, that sort of thing. This coming from my optometrist, he said it's nothing to worry about.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Is that what they are? I though i had some sort of parasite. It looks sort of like a worm, and I only see them in my left eye. They're really annoying, once I notice one, I can't stop looking at it.[/quote]

I have that too! Man, I thought I was the only one.

The only time I notice mine is when I drive. I see 10 or 15 bubble-like things...

Thats what I heard too. I have them too and their pretty annoying[quote name='Lice']Yeah I have them... Pretty annoying at times.

What they actually are is nerve endings that popped off your eye and are hanging loose. and what you are seeing is the shadow of them across your inner eye.

That why with the tennis ball hitting your eye caused alot of little nerves to pop off.

From what I have heard, they do NOT go away. They are hanging nerves and arent going to magically vanish. what I have hear to how you get rid of them (In japan) is they have to poke this microscopic version of a blender into your eye and they try to literally blend them up into your eye goo. While doing this they have to keep your eye at the same pressure so it doesnt de-flate. Doesnt sound to appealing to me... dont know about you guys...[/quote]

I've got one in my right eye too. I asked my optometrist but she said it will never go away. I usually don't see it but when I do I can't stop looking. I've had LASIK surgery and afterwards it seemed to have moved a little bit to the right. Might just be my imagination though.

What kind of God would give people floaters?

A better question, though, is what kind of God makes Ace one and eleven? Huh?

I have many floaters in the manners described above. I got a good eye-balling while playing basketball quite some time ago, and it seems my floaters have been present at a higher level ever since.

Solution: Baby stem cells. Send me some. Or should I say CML?

I've got one (fairly long line) just a bit below center in my left eye. I can see it all the time, but especially out in the daylight.

Had it for nearly two years now. Pretty much seemed to develop overnight.

Just another addition to the laundry list of problems I have with my eyes/vision (legally blind, near-sighted, etc.).

I got em. Mostly just when I look at the sky when it's bright out.

Of course, once in a while I'll see 'stars' when I cough that are little black/white specks moving around rapidly. I'm gonna guess that that's not normal/good.

Yeah, I have them in both eyes. I was led to believe that they're leftover embryonic matter. They're annoying especially in bright light.

bread's done
Back