F.e.a.R. $37ish + $10 GC at CCity

supadupacheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Totally jacked from FW

[quote name='bbuhr']I originally did the PM wrong... it's a monday... here's my corrected post:
-------------

The "F.E.A.R." PC game (CD-ROM version is advertised) will be at Fry's tomorrow for $36.99 with other retailers selling for $50.

But WAIT! It gets BETTER! ...

SAVE MORE WITH PM (pricematch!):
As stated by the more-awake posters below -- you want to PM this at Best Buy or CC. Could be a good time to use though McDonald's Best Buy Bucks, lol, or earn a $10 gift card from CC.

Best buy has it advertised for $49.99, and you get it with 2 Coca-cola products free. CC also has it for $49.99 and you get a $10 gift card!

** So if you go to CC:

orig. $49.99...
$36.99 - ($49.99-36.99)*10% = $36.99 - $1.30 = $35.69) PM from CC ("we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference")
- $10 gift card (to be used later)
= $25.69 + (tax on $35.69) [/QUOTE]

Yes, Im aware the prices for Fear were in Fido's Fry's ads/TSDs VGA ads however I thought this strategy warranted it own thread since this game is apparently off the charts good. $27ish for an excellent game near release should get its own thread, no?

No Fry's in my area. And it should be YMMV. Because I think the PM should negate the GC.

I'm just bitter because tere are no Fry's in my area. :cry:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']No Fry's in my area. And it should be YMMV. Because I think the PM should negate the GC.

I'm just bitter because tere are no Fry's in my area. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im bitter too, no Fry's here either. And yeah, YMMV however a come back later PM is more likely to work than not in my experence.

I tried this today and they wouldn't give me both the gift card and the pricematch, just one or the other. Of course, the Circuit City by me sucks, so YMMV.

Buy it at CC first, then get the GC, then go to customer service and do the price-match.

I always do that at stores to ensure the extta 10% anyway...

[quote name='rallen']Buy it at CC first, then get the GC, then go to customer service and do the price-match.

I always do that at stores to ensure the extta 10% anyway...[/QUOTE]

if they do it like best buy, they charge you for the $10 g/c and take $10 off the price of the game to avoid this, so you'd only get the differece back from $39.99

I went to CC today to get it, funny how that they didn't even have FEAR in the system, so they had to do everything manually. They wouldnt give me the gift card along w/ the pricewatch, so I took the pricematch only. No real big loss, it saved me gas from driving to Fry's. This is the Emeryville, CA CC.

bread's done
Back