F-F-F-F-U-U-U----- My PS3 just broke. Any okay PS3 console deals coming up?

AoA

Ace of Aces
Well I have 2 weeks before Xmas and my PS3 just broke....and all my 6 yo wanted was Skylanders. So this is the second time it broke in three months and I've already shelled out 150 to get my launch BC repaired locally in September.

I missed all the BF deals, but anyone know of any last minute PS3 deals coming up? I don't need any games or special add ons.

On a side note, should I track down a backwards compatible one? I haven't played a PS2 game on my PS3 in two years but for some insane reason, I still want to, I guess?
I don't need BC, right? I need to play the 20 PS3 games in my backlog, nevermind the PS2 games, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to get rid of it anyway, it might be worth it to try and repair, depending on what's wrong with it.

I'm also looking for a bundle/deal on the PS3. Mine broke the Tuesday after Thanksgiving so I had no reason to consider buying that sweet $199 LPB2 bundle. Anyone know of any good upcoming sales on bundles or a console with a gift card deal? I've seen plenty of deals for the 360 and Wii on Amazon and at Target but nothing PS3 related. Luckily my 360 and Wii work so I'm not totally gameless, but I miss my PS3.

got this from SD via EVerburg

https://service1.us.playstation.com...2EA30CC_kFC794619-7853-7440-D554-C2BDBE00DB83

"For a limited time we are offering a trade-in for your current model to the latest PlayStation®3 120GB model.

The factory re-certified PlayStation®3 120GB system includes:
• 120GB HDD for storing games, music, videos and photos. (Technical Specifications)
• High-Definition Blu-ray player for the best movie experience.
• Internet ready with built-in Wi-Fi.
• Two USB ports
• HDMI output for 1080p resolution
• Plays DVDs and CDs
• Cell Broadband Engine advanced microprocessor
• And comes with a 90 day Limited Service Warranty

For backwards compatibility and model comparison, please see chart below.

The 120GB PS3™ system is not backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, but does maintain backwards compatibility for some original PlayStation® titles."

**The offer is not presented until AFTER you accept the $129 for repair page. This has been confirmed in multiple posts.**

some hits & misses:

I was able to swap my CECHB01(20GB) FAT PS3 for $99
Offer not valid w/ CECHG01
CECHK01 not working
CECHE01(80GB) not working

bread's done
Back