F*&^ you, Phoenix! Where NOT to go this summer.

Houston, Dallas: "Average Summer Temp: 83 degrees."

Oh ninja, that is at least 40 degrees under the actual average.

Yeah, I read that story eariler this morning and I didnt understand it at all. They were talking about farmers markes and malls. I even thought farmers market must be some lingo for something else because it just seems so out there.

If you are choosing your summer trip based on farmers market and malls you are doing it wrong.

I live in Phoenix. They fail to mention our larger water parks, but during summer you can easily get away with sitting next to an airconditioner and play video games. God bless Phoenix!

Having family in Scottsdale, when we planned to vacation last year, they said don't bother coming until after September. My wife and I went in early October and it was still 90+ degrees everyday. We had a good time nonetheless.

Yeah, I was out there in early November last year for a job interview, it was 95 degrees or so the 2 day sI was there.

I hate the heat, so that sealed the deal of me considering that job.

I think a lot of people come out here during winter, hence all the snowbirds. I don't really see it being worthwhile for vacations during the summer, unless you're some crazy that likes it be 112 F.

I'm going to agree with the general concensus of WTF is up with the farmer's markets!?

As a side note, I'm leaving to go to #3 in 2 days.

Yeah it's hot out there, but it's a dry heat. As long as you stay hydrated, it's not that bad. Try 80 degrees in FL with 90% humidity. You'd think it was well over 100 degrees. It's horrible.

Arizona's heat does suck during the summer, for sure, but it's not bad as far as having stuff to do. It's no southern California, but I've been to Phoenix and Tucson over the summer and enjoyed them. But that was years ago, to be fair. Not sure what there is to do there now. I went to Phoenix in March, but I was attending wrestling events and baseball games the whole time I was there.

If you're a baseball fan, spring time is definitely a good time to visit Arizona as well. I love having like 4 baseball parks within a short driving distance from where I live.

There isn't enough unique places to eat out here though, I miss that about Southern California.

LOLs at the tempertures listed for Phoenix, New Orleans, and Houston.

Aren't those numbers a bit off? By those calculations, Vegas should have an average of 80 degrees every day as well.

I'm with the other posters...WTF is up with all these farmers markets? Like I want to go outdoor grocery shopping and deal with hippies on my vacation! The only way I could see shopping at a farmers market being "fun" was if I was on vacation from a poor country with a food shortage and I was starving.

Yahoo! articles aren't written for us men....unless you're gay.

They're really written for females. Hence why they're no longer my home page anymore.

I can easily picture some woman reading this article going "ooooh...I really wanted to try some fresh cucumbers and I could bring them back home and make a nice salad..."

New Orleans having a great farmer's market??? What part??? I know it's not downtown...probably not uptown...so unless they're talking about one of its suburbs...

Even though in the article is just said Phoenix Arizona. Going up to the Grand Canyon during the summer is probably the best thing I ever did with my family on a trip.

whats with the emphasis on farmers markets? never once during my family vacations growing up or during vacations i take as an adult has a farmers market ever been a consideration or a factor in my trip(s).

Yeah, I really don't get the farmer's market either. That's something I like having near where I live for sure, so I can buy fresh produce etc.

But I've never once had an inkling to go to a farmer's market while on a trip. My time is spent seeing/doing things, and eating out and trying restaurants that look good etc. Not buying produce etc. to eat.

Dry Heat is 1,000 x better than humidity. I can't take humidity.

San Francisco has an awesome Farmer's Market. But there are at least 100 better reasons to go there for vacation.

Some towns do have famous public markets that I would go to the city just to see. Seattle and Philly come to mind off the top of my head.

Humidity does suck. I live in Atlanta now and the summers suck ass for sure.

But dry heat still sucks and my problem with a place like Phoenix is there's just too much of the year that it's 90+ degrees.

At least here's it's just a three month period or so of it being too hot. I also like having seasons, getting snow at least a couple times a year etc. Never minded cold weather at all.

People who live in Phoenix drive up to Flagstaff, if they want snow. But, yeah. 340 days of 90+ temperatures per year would kinda wear on a dude.

[quote name='shieryda']People who live in Phoenix drive up to Flagstaff, if they want snow. But, yeah. 340 days of 90+ temperatures per year would kinda wear on a dude.[/QUOTE]Its not even close to that. I live in Tucson which is about the same temperature as Phoenix (PHx is maybe 5-15 degrees hotter) and in the Winter it is usually as low as 40-60 and even colder at night, spring and fall are perfect at 60-80 mostly clear skies and summer is hot but at least not humid. of course maybe i'm just used to it, i wear a sweatshirt in 80 degree heat haha.

Yall can always come down here to Southern Miss...

Step outside right now and your face will literally instantly get the sweat beads.

I remember when I had my first college visit down here 5 years ago. My brother, who hated wearing deodarant (lack of need most of the time where we lived) shirt was literally drenched. Shit was hilarious.

bread's done
Back