F-Zero: GP Legend (GBA) reduced to $9.99 new

[quote name='lurknomore']still waiting for the $5 mark :)[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if it'll ever get there. Nintendo games don't seem to drop past that mark, but I don't think I've seen a first party GBA game hit $10 before either.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']The question: Is this game any good? An 80% from Gamespot is impressive, but how does it compare to the original F-Zero?[/QUOTE]

Personally, this is my least favorite F-Zero title that I own. I have F-Zero (SNES), F-Zero X (N64), F-Zero GX (GC), and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (GBA) along with this one. I paid $15 for it in the recent K-Mart sale.

The first thing that struck me odd about it is the challenge is nowhere near what the other F-Zero titles are like. It's not a piece of cake but the difficulty never had my hands sweating like the others. Another aspect I didn't care for is this game is apparently based off the F-Zero Saturday morning cartoon which I wasn't really familiar with. I don't mind cartoons but I didn't care for story aspect of this one.

However, I do think it's worth $10 if you're interested. It's not a terrible game but it doesn't measure up to the other ones, imo.

It is more cartoon than a typical F-Zero game. It steals from the legacy that is F-Zero....without the great gameplay and speed....and competitiveness. It just feels as if someone other than Nintendo made it.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Damnit I bought this for the $12.99 price and still haven't played it yet... although I did at least open it. I want my $3 back![/QUOTE]

Me too, except I didn't even open mine!

bread's done
Back