Fable 2 for $20? That was random.

Shadowiii

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I went to Target the other day and scoped out their clearance items (because there are some sexy deals there) and amidst the $10 "Age of Conans" and hordes of Wii third-party trash when my eye was caught by a title I'd been wanting for some time.

"Fable 2?!" I gasped in shock and awe. "Could it be?"

It was indeed Fable 2, slapped with the read "$20" clearance ticket, nestled amongst the Drake's Fortunes like a hidden shiny jewel. I looked the game over, contemplating this turn of events. I didn't contemplate long, however, before hauling it to the checkout and making sure it was true.

My heart was aflutter as th extra-large, McDonald's fed cashier (but she was a very nice lady, her name was Shirley) rang up my game. "$20" she said (plus tax, but unfortunately I didn't remember that exact amount for this story). I was confused again, didn't she scan the barcode on the game itself? So shouldn't it be the full, $60 I saw behind the glass but minutes before?

Giving a shrug I paid and took the item. On the way out the door I glanced at the recite, and the weirdness got even weirder.

"Age of Conan x 2 : 9.99 x 2 -- 19.98"

Wait, what? This isn't right. My moral compass got the better of me and I brought it back in. The person at customer service was not nearly as polite as Shirley, and insisted that (even though she'd seen me buy the game just a minute before), I had got the game somewhere else and was performing an elaborate joke at her expense. This was especially weird because she scanned the game in HER register and it rang up Fable 2 - $60.
I tried my best to explain it but they insisted I hadn't bought the game there and I couldn't return it with this recite (which wasn't what I was trying to do anyway). At last, defeated (but secretly the winner), I trundled home with my $20 Fable II.

I still have no idea how the fuck this happened, but I do have Fable 2 for $20 now. Anybody else had some weird experiences like this? Or does the Target in Orem, Utah need to invest in some new scanners for register 15?

Was it an as-is sticker or a normal clearance sticker? If the latter, did the DPCI match the one on the receipt? Possible that it got mislabeled with the sticker for Conan... which wouldn't explain why she rang it up twice.
Odd.

Might be a case of "sticker swapping". Someone leaves a case open long enough for a person to grab a copy of Fable 2 and then move a clearance sticker from an Age of Conan to Fable 2. If it was a kid who was trying to pull a fast one on a parent but the 'rent didn't bite on the "sale", then that would explain why it ended up back on the clearance shelf. If someone in housewares found it where the kid left it after mom said no, they only look as far as the red clearance sticker and toss back on the clearance shelf.

Nice.

Good thing target couldn't do anything about the game (they aren't allowed to take anything above $35 worth w/ the respective receipt) and so your guilt free and gaming for cheap.

I just saw the LE version of Fable 2 at the local Target on clearance for $48. Thought it was odd since they had the normal version behind the glass for $60.

bread's done
Back