Fable 3 (360) $9.99

Thanks OP! In for one!
Total turned out to be $8.74 with a $5 gift card
If only they had store pick up! Argh!

I know that Target.com doesn't have in store pickup, but is this a case where the game is the same price in stores as it is online? I've never been a huge fan of Fable (Fable 2 completely broke for me at one point and I stopped playing) but given the negativity surrounding parts of this game I kind have always been curious to seek it out.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Fable: 7/10
Fabe 2: 8/10
Fable 3: 4/10[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed the Fable 3 demo. But I've never played any other Fable. Seems to me the low score was more out of disappointment due to really high expectations. As a game all by itself with no prequels, it's probably pretty good.

I'm thinking about picking this up used with one of the July BB unlocked coupons - there isn't any reason to buy it new is there (ie DLC included?)

[quote name='venturin']I had a blast with Fable 3. I played through the story and really enjoyed myself[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought Fable III was great, I preferred it to II. Never played the first one though.

That was my price point. Under $10. Shame shipping is $3 for fairly slow service, but considering $13 used is what it's found for usually, paying the same price for brand new is solid. Thanks OP.

Did they ever release a version with the DLC like they did with the Platinum Hits version of Fable 2?

And I guess Target doesn't match their own online prices?

[quote name='irafreak']I enjoyed the Fable 3 demo. But I've never played any other Fable. Seems to me the low score was more out of disappointment due to really high expectations. As a game all by itself with no prequels, it's probably pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Watch angry joe's review. He nails it with the problems. Im sure people will get $10 of enjoyment out of it if they are able to overlook the issues. I couldnt deal with it though.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Watch angry joe's review. He nails it with the problems. Im sure people will get $10 of enjoyment out of it if they are able to overlook the issues. I couldnt deal with it though.[/QUOTE]

I am a big fan of the series, and got to meet Molyneux at one point, which was awesome. I thought Fable The Lost Chapters was one of the better RPGs ever. Fable II was pretty good. I liked the larger world, the building ownership and the story (The co-op was borked beyond belief, and that turned me off hard). Hadn't touched Fable III more due to backlog and concerns over user reviews, and anticipation of a ultimate version with all DLC, but if it's even mostly like Fable I and II I know I'm really going to enjoy it.

For under $10 there will be hours and hours of enjoyment.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']http://us.webuy.com/product.php?sku=885370164237

Used for $8 plenty in stock or a short train ride away if you live near any of their stores[/QUOTE]

1) That's used and,
2) Who in the hell knows what a CeX is? I've never heard of it in my life.

A short train ride if you're in NYC or SF. Otherwise, a really, really long train ride. Just out of curiosity, do those short train rides cost less then $5 roundtrip? If so, you're paying more for the game door to door...and it's still used...and you've just spent time on the NY Subway or BART in San Francisco. That should not be looked over.

Well if you live in New York a lot of people know what a Cex is. And their trade in quality level is much higher than gamestop's or bestbuy's they want cases with accurate cover art for their games but not manual. But it's a short walk from me so I'm good. People who live in Manhattan, there's like 3-4 stores throughout.

Ok it's used but its not like you need Fable 3 dlc or online pass

Also, where can you get a short train ride for $5? I paid a huge amount for a train ride from one state to a bordering state, so I can't imagine paying only $5. I love train rides so, I wouldn't mind doing it sometimes as a time waster. Do you guys mean subway rides, or an actual train?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Did they ever release a version with the DLC like they did with the Platinum Hits version of Fable 2?

And I guess Target doesn't match their own online prices?[/QUOTE]

There is no 'Complete' version of the game with the DLC. If you are looking at the DLC do not buy the Understone Quest pack. It is a waste of money. The Traitor's Keep Quest pack is pretty good.

bread's done
Back