Fable 3 collectors $34.99 at gamestop

gauu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
well this is a first for me to get to post a deal on cag =). just came from gamestop as i was picking up my god eaters burst game. i look on the wall and see fable 3 collectors box used and when i ask out comes a brand new sealed fable 3 for 34.99. all contents etc..figured id post this on here and help others get lucky on this for those that missed out on it for 30$ at target like i did.

yah make sure you go in and have them check for the game in the back. it wont be listed in the systems as collectors itll be on the wall or in the back etc...i got lucky on a batman collectors this way too.
to orale1226 granted its not 20$ but its still well worth it for a sealed one. you can also return just the game and keep the parts if you have the game already to in essence make a complete collectors too.

I've been into probably 10-12 different Targets within the last few years, NONE of them have the clearance section you guys talk about on here all the time. I'm beginning to think it's either a myth or one single Target :cry:

$34.99 is still too much. I don't mind to give it a shot for $19.98 or less. PH version coming out soon w/ all the down load contents like every FABLE 1 & 2 :)

[quote name='mr_bungle']I've been into probably 10-12 different Targets within the last few years, NONE of them have the clearance section you guys talk about on here all the time. I'm beginning to think it's either a myth or one single Target :cry:[/QUOTE]

I guarantee there's an endcap somewhere in or near the electronics section for the clearance.

Saw this leaving work and swung by my local gamestop. Is it only the collectors edition or is the limited edition the collectors. My guy at GS said it was 80. Had him ring it up and everything.

This was for the limited edition.

[quote name='ryheeles']I guarantee there's an endcap somewhere in or near the electronics section for the clearance.[/QUOTE]

Not just electronics but all around the store there are different endcaps that are clearance for all the different areas. Sporting goods, H&B, even softlines has clearance.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I've been into probably 10-12 different Targets within the last few years, NONE of them have the clearance section you guys talk about on here all the time. I'm beginning to think it's either a myth or one single Target :cry:[/QUOTE]

theres always an endcap but being completely honest you can drive to 6 of them... and then you can go to a 7th and its like the twilight zone!

6 have Dante for 9
7th has Dante for 29?!

anyways look for it, I rarely see the deals they talk about here... but they do exist.

Well at least it's not like mine... there's a clearance section but there's NEVER anything good.

The ONLY thing I've found that's decent was Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for $20, even then some people have found it for $10.

[quote name='Masterkyo']$34.99 is still too much. I don't mind to give it a shot for $19.98 or less. PH version coming out soon w/ all the down load contents like every FABLE 1 & 2 :)[/QUOTE]

^^^ This !

Wow seriously? Every single Target I've been to has had clearance sections. If it weren't for that I'd rarely ever shop at Target lol.

Do you live in southern CA? It's the same exact situation with me. The closest thing I've had to a "clearance" section is just a place where they put the $19.99 MSRP titles. I'm incredibly jealous of these deals people find in Target clearance sections.

[quote name='ryheeles']I guarantee there's an endcap somewhere in or near the electronics section for the clearance.[/QUOTE]

Not at the one near me there isnt. I even asked once if they had a clearance section and they said they didnt. Best mine has is a endcap with like players hits/choice/greatest hits stuff thats cheaper but still just msrp.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Do you live in southern CA? It's the same exact situation with me. The closest thing I've had to a "clearance" section is just a place where they put the $19.99 MSRP titles. I'm incredibly jealous of these deals people find in Target clearance sections.[/QUOTE]

same here... I live in s. ca and I've never seen a clearance section

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Saw this leaving work and swung by my local gamestop. Is it only the collectors edition or is the limited edition the collectors. My guy at GS said it was 80. Had him ring it up and everything.

This was for the limited edition.[/QUOTE]
theres only one edition man and its been pushed out of new to used as of this morning. you sure he didnt change the price just to weasel you out of it??? thats really odd for this to only be ymmv as gamestop prices are universal.

[quote name='gauu']well this is a first for me to get to post a deal on cag =). just came from gamestop as i was picking up my god eaters burst game. i look on the wall and see fable 3 collectors box used and when i ask out comes a brand new sealed fable 3 for 34.99. all contents etc..figured id post this on here and help others get lucky on this for those that missed out on it for 30$ at target like i did.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Saw this leaving work and swung by my local gamestop. Is it only the collectors edition or is the limited edition the collectors. My guy at GS said it was 80. Had him ring it up and everything.

This was for the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

I think the key here is the OP got a USED copy of the CE. Gamestop only has one listing for used copies of Fable III, so if someone trades in a used CE it will be sold as normal used copy of the regular game. OP lucked out in that the contents were still sealed when it was traded in.

Bottom line, unless GS does one of those conversions of all NEW copies to USED, you will be extremely lucky to find the same thing as the OP.

or you're looking in the wrong area. all stores have them in different spots. i've seen them right next to the games, the movies, or even as far down as right next to the end of the clothes section where music instruments are.

josef its a storewide drop cause the gamestop down the road also had one of these new that rang up only as used even with the new sticker of 79.99 on it. sadly though that one the store employees mustve raided as it had no coin or bonus content and was stashed away in the back of the store. i also had my friend look up the collectors edition who works there and he said it no longer showed in his system.

[quote name='Lei']same here... I live in s. ca and I've never seen a clearance section[/QUOTE]
I go to the Culver City Target and they use an end-cap facing the back wall, near the iPods and backpack. Usually one shelf has a few discounted games -- DJ Hero standalone, Halo: Reach Legendary, Iron Man 2, etc.

Since everyone is talking about Target..the ones in the west chicago suburbs seem to vary from some having an endcap, to some randomly piling items on a shelf, to none at all. Also, I know it's YMMV, but none of these stores seem to have any of the prices from the Target clearance thread. For example one item is listed as 12.98 and over here it's 24.98(this seems to be the case for every single one)..... maybe somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone have the sku to check GS inventory? My GS are on top of these conversions and throw out the extras pretty quick if I don't get to them.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Do you live in southern CA? It's the same exact situation with me. The closest thing I've had to a "clearance" section is just a place where they put the $19.99 MSRP titles. I'm incredibly jealous of these deals people find in Target clearance sections.[/QUOTE]

I live in SoCal and regularly hit a number of Targets in San Diego, Los Angeles and Orange County and without exception, every one of them has a clearance shelf or area no matter how small. You're either looking in the wrong area (it's often not right with the games) or there are just a lot of CAGs and Slickdealers in your area beating you to the deals.

[quote name='Josef']I think the key here is the OP got a USED copy of the CE. Gamestop only has one listing for used copies of Fable III, so if someone trades in a used CE it will be sold as normal used copy of the regular game. OP lucked out in that the contents were still sealed when it was traded in.

Bottom line, unless GS does one of those conversions of all NEW copies to USED, you will be extremely lucky to find the same thing as the OP.[/QUOTE]

Actually, whenever GS clears out their CE editions, they convert them to used in their system. However, they do not typically gut them in any way, so often they are brand new. You can also use your discount card on them, or use them in used game sales as the system treats it as such.

Edit - I didn't see your second line for some reason where you discuss the conversion. I have seen it mentioned by numerous people here that they get theirs sealed when this occurs, but perhaps it is more rare than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yanksfan']Actually, whenever GS clears out their CE editions, they convert them to used in their system. However, they do not typically gut them in any way, so often they are brand new. You can also use your discount card on them, or use them in used game sales as the system treats it as such.[/QUOTE]

perhaps where you live, but in my neck of the country (surrounded by at least a dozen stores), it's rare to find one close to complete when the conversion happens....
so might not be prudent to state "typically"

[quote name='donut']perhaps where you live, but in my neck of the country (surrounded by at least a dozen stores), it's rare to find one close to complete when the conversion happens....
so might not be prudent to state "typically"[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I am not going to sweat the use of the word typically too much in my statement, one way or the other.

I have seen it mentioned by numerous CAGs that they got sealed copies. It could be more hit and miss though.

[quote name='Very Unclever']I went to a local store just now and it still rang up new at 79.99.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

same here, but are they just trying to hoard for themselves?

[quote name='Very Unclever']I went to a local store just now and it still rang up new at 79.99.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]
This just happened to me.

[quote name='bojay1997']I live in SoCal and regularly hit a number of Targets in San Diego, Los Angeles and Orange County and without exception, every one of them has a clearance shelf or area no matter how small. You're either looking in the wrong area (it's often not right with the games) or there are just a lot of CAGs and Slickdealers in your area beating you to the deals.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's by the socks, there are no clearance sections where I look. Granted, I don't count L.A. and San Diego as being local for me.

[quote name='Link127']same here, but are they just trying to hoard for themselves?[/QUOTE]

No. That is how it rang up on the card scanner display. Sounds like the OP just lucked out.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Unless it's by the socks, there are no clearance sections where I look. Granted, I don't count L.A. and San Diego as being local for me.[/QUOTE]

Dont feel bad, mine doesn't have a clearance section either.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='sonicemerald']what are the chances amazon will match this?[/QUOTE]

Somewhere south of slim to none, since it seems that only one store in the entire US actually had it at that price.

thats just odd for 2 gamestop stores to have these marked down to used. has this happened before with only certain gamestops doing drops?? sucks cause i was hoping i could help others out.

[quote name='gauu']thats just odd for 2 gamestop stores to have these marked down to used. has this happened before with only certain gamestops doing drops?? sucks cause i was hoping i could help others out.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they were new stock converted to used by Gamestop and not just somebody's trade in of a sealed copy of the CE? People are reporting that new copies of the CE are ringing up for $79.99 which would indicate that the stock hasn't been converted to used yet.

its possible but for 2 stores to both at the same time have a new copy of the game marked to used just is weird. who knows though maybe it was just me getting lucky

I have two sealed copies from a previous sale I am looking to sell or trade if anyone is interested, just PM me. Not looking to make a profit, just want an equivalent trade. Thanks.

bread's done
Back