Fable 3 Hardcover Guide - $20.99

I figured it would eventually drop to this price point. Thanks OP.

I am typically not one to purchase strategy guides, but I am loving the hardcover guides, and have been purchasing these in place of the CE of the game itself in most cases. Partly because the book is nicer than most of what comes with the game CE, and partly because most of the games I do this with come with a $20 future credit on the base version of the game and not with the CE. Making it $20 cheaper to get the base game + hardcover guide rather than the game CE.

Hardcover collector's edition and goty guides are the only guides that SHOULD be bought. Why ever buy a paperback guide? Nobody will use the guide to begin with, but the hardcover looks nice sitting next to it's collector's edition game counterpart.

this keeps showing up in my goldbox too for even less than $20..but I hardly ever use the books. I think the only book I have actually used is my DQ9 guide.

I actually buy a hardcover to keep wrapped, and then use the paperback to help me with my game. I can't help it, I am a sucker for the hardcover guides. Glad I kept my Fallout 3 GOTY hardcover sealed.

[quote name='snatcher33'] I can't help it, I am a sucker for the hardcover guides. Glad I kept my Fallout 3 GOTY hardcover sealed.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Fallout 3 guide, read it cover to cover, then I bought the Fallout 3 GOTY and kept it sealed as well. :)

On topic, yes, I bought the Fable 2 HC guide as well because it was beautiful so I'll prob end up getting this one too. Thanks OP. I was waiting for it to drop to FO NV's price.

I bit. Along with the New Vegas, Assasins Brotherhood, Dead Rising & Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition guides. Love me some hardcover guides!!!!!

I kind of want this, but $20 seems like a lot. I never buy guides, but could be useful for my 2nd playthough in finding ALL the extras in the game.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Well Crap. I was finally going to pre-order it this morning, and it is now giving me an estimated ship time of 1-4 months.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed this this morning too. I was able to preorder a few weeks ago, so I hope mine ships as expected

Edit:

Mine did move to a backordered state. I wonder if Amazon just had their release date wrong. According to Buy.com, the guide comes out next Tuesday, same as the game. My guess is that Amazon will start shipping them next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrakker']Yeah I noticed this this morning too. I was able to preorder a few weeks ago, so I hope mine ships as expected

Edit:

Mine did move to a backordered state. I wonder if Amazon just had their release date wrong. According to Buy.com, the guide comes out next Tuesday, same as the game. My guess is that Amazon will start shipping them next week.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me...just received the backorder notice this morning. New Delivery estimate Dec-Feb. WTF?

[quote name='Thrakker']My guess is that Amazon will start shipping them next week.[/QUOTE]
Yup, just had the shipping date wrong

[quote name='Thrakker']Yeah I noticed this this morning too. I was able to preorder a few weeks ago, so I hope mine ships as expected

Edit:

Mine did move to a backordered state. I wonder if Amazon just had their release date wrong. According to Buy.com, the guide comes out next Tuesday, same as the game. My guess is that Amazon will start shipping them next week.[/QUOTE]They did this with the Halo Reach CE guide as well, mainly because the current shipping timeframe is showing 1-4 months. Probably due to their expected next batch of inventory from Prima or Brady.

I received that same email about the Halo Reach CE guide and it shipped out the next day. I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='Jodou']Even my paperback is being delayed over and over and now has no shipping date at all.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure that's a common thing with guides on Amazon. Probably nothing to worry about.

My shipping estimate went to December-February. Did everyone get the same estimate? I'm hoping they'll actually just ship it next week when the game comes out...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Pretty sure that's a common thing with guides on Amazon. Probably nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]
Not at all. This is the first time a guide has gone from having a ship date, to two delays, to now having no date at all. Something definitely went wrong with either the release date or production.

Issues with the guides on Amazon are very common I'm almost sure of it. They're going to ship just like normal though.

My Bioshock 2 guide did it and possibly my RDR guide also. I know it's happened to me twice and I've ordered maybe 3 or 4 guides from them. Also I know I've read other threads with people worrying about the guides. Shrike just said his Halo guide did the same thing. It's not going to be an issue I bet. Call Amazon maybe they can tell you whats up with them if youre worried about it.

It is pretty common on Amazon for guides to have weird date changes like that. I expect it to ship next week, but probably late next week now.

ordered one as well, hope it comes in around or on release date, no release date delivery option was available obviously

Something fishy is going on with this guide. The paperback Fable III guide I ordered doesn't have a ship date, but the hardcover says that it will be here on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers. On a side note, Buy.com has both Fable III guides listed as out of stock.

Dammit I'm just going to order this and hope I dont forget about checking on it before it ships. I wanted it for under $20 but instead of dropping it jumped back up to $23.09

Bump. This just dropped quite a bit to $18.89 currently. Weird as I just canceled my order and put the reason as "price too high", then went back and rechecked the price and it had dropped. Clearly this was just for me.

Still $18.89 for anyone interested. Has anyone heard about exclusive DLC coming with this guide? I saw a post on Neogaf that said something about it but didnt go into any detail.

Also there's going to be a couple extra DLC items with all new copies of Fable III.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bump. This just dropped quite a bit to $18.89 currently. Weird as I just canceled my order and put the reason as "price too high", then went back and rechecked the price and it had dropped. Clearly this was just for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Mine dropped from 23 to 21, so I'm assuming it will drop to $18.89 within the next day or so as well. I got my F:NV refund automatically, so I'm going on faith that this one will as well.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Still $18.89 for anyone interested. Has anyone heard about exclusive DLC coming with this guide? I saw a post on Neogaf that said something about it but didnt go into any detail.

Also there's going to be a couple extra DLC items with all new copies of Fable III.[/QUOTE]

thanks for posting, just placed an order and according to gamestop the limited edition guide comes with a tattoo for your character

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bump. This just dropped quite a bit to $18.89 currently. Weird as I just canceled my order and put the reason as "price too high", then went back and rechecked the price and it had dropped. Clearly this was just for me.[/QUOTE]

Well thank you then. When I saw that it dropped to ~$18 I decided to grab it since penny guides are getting harder and harder to come by.

You know, I don't think our preorders will automatically drop to the current $18.89 price. According the Amazon page for it, it still shows a release date of 10/19. Since it dropped to the current price on 10/20 or 21, I think that Amazon will work under the presumption that the price dropped after release day, even though we all know official release day isn't until this coming Tuesday. Probably will just cancel my order and re-order

[quote name='Thrakker']You know, I don't think our preorders will automatically drop to the current $18.89 price. According the Amazon page for it, it still shows a release date of 10/19. Since it dropped to the current price on 10/20 or 21, I think that Amazon will work under the presumption that the price dropped after release day, even though we all know official release day isn't until this coming Tuesday. Probably will just cancel my order and re-order[/QUOTE]
No, it's from when a preorder ships

You're acting paranoid

So it looks like that shipping delay error might be real. My Fable 3 Collector's Edition game is at "Shipping Soon", but the guide is still showing a December-February shipping date...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So it looks like that shipping delay error might be real. My Fable 3 Collector's Edition game is at "Shipping Soon", but the guide is still showing a December-February shipping date...[/QUOTE]

Same here :( Though I have a feeling it might still ship sooner than that and that the estimate is just their "at the latest" guess.

I'm pretty sure the softcover guide was also listed as "delayed" on Amazon last week, and is now listed as in stock, so I'm assuming the hardcover ones will be soon as well. I still stand by my reasoning that Amazon lists the official release date as 10/19, and so won't automatically refund anyone for the pre-order guarantee at the current price. If I actually get my $2.10, though, I'll gladly eat crow.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So it looks like that shipping delay error might be real. My Fable 3 Collector's Edition game is at "Shipping Soon", but the guide is still showing a December-February shipping date...[/QUOTE]
I don't know how you'd come to that conclusion

The guide doesn't have release day delivery but the game does, there's no reason for the guide to say it's shipping since it's not it's release date yet

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I don't know how you'd come to that conclusion

The guide doesn't have release day delivery but the game does, there's no reason for the guide to say it's shipping since it's not it's release date yet[/QUOTE]

I remember when I ordered it, with Prime, it said choose Free 2-Day Shipping to receive the item on release date (tomorrow). Same thing it said for my Fallout NV CE guide.

[quote name='Chris60319']I dated a girl like that once.[/QUOTE] LMAO - Bravo :applause:

On topic: I bit when it went down to $18.xx. Broke a ton of rules on Fable III. Never pay full price, Never buy a guide, Never buy extras (bought the balavine book), Never buy limited editions. My cheap ass street cred is hurting lol. :drool:

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']LMAO - Bravo :applause:

On topic: I bit when it went down to $18.xx. Broke a ton of rules on Fable III. Never pay full price, Never buy a guide, Never buy extras (bought the balavine book), Never buy limited editions. My cheap ass street cred is hurting lol. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Saaaaammme here! I'm in the exact same boat bro :lol:

Same. By the time 2010 is over, I'll have spent near, or just a little over $1000 on video games, and video game related stuff in one year. Don't regret it!

Well, the guide is still listed as 1-4 month ship on Amazon, but my preorder shipped today. It shipped at the prior $20.99 price, minus my Gold Box 5%. I'm not going to bother emailing about the extra dollar to bring it down to the current $18.89. Just not worth my time trying to argue the correct release date.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Still $18.89 for anyone interested. Has anyone heard about exclusive DLC coming with this guide? I saw a post on Neogaf that said something about it but didnt go into any detail.

Also there's going to be a couple extra DLC items with all new copies of Fable III.[/QUOTE]

Current price listed for this guide is back up to 20.99. Amazon didn't send me any notification that they bumped it down to 18.89 so I guess I lost out on that deal even though I preordered this POS awhile ago. :bomb:

[quote name='pdjones']Current price listed for this guide is back up to 20.99. Amazon didn't send me any notification that they bumped it down to 18.89 so I guess I lost out on that deal even though I preordered this POS awhile ago. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
You didn't lose out, you get credited the money after it's sent

[quote name='pdjones']Current price listed for this guide is back up to 20.99. Amazon didn't send me any notification that they bumped it down to 18.89 so I guess I lost out on that deal even though I preordered this POS awhile ago. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the NV guide I pre-ordered, they dropped the price to 18.89 while it was being shipped. Amazon credited my account the extra two bucks or whatever...even though they jumped the price back up to 20.99 shortly.

bread's done
Back