Fable 3 - Two Free Weapons DLC now on Xbox Live

[quote name='cRodz']this mistake happens quite often[/QUOTE]

This one sure looks intentional (they're even described on the Xbox Live marketplace as "Free Weapons") so I would guess these will remain up as free. But who knows, maybe it's some kind of (poorly publicized) limited-time launch promo or something?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Maybe they Morph or something? Unless you have to complete some quest or something to get them[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess I'd say one, if not both, are likely the case. That's the only way I could imagine a couple of weapons having such a sizable download.

They just added two more items to the site, both being exactly 195.5 MB. These ones cost 160 points each though.
Not sure what this means, just thought I'd point that out.

[quote name='Zero3133']They just added two more items to the site, both being exactly 195.5 MB. These ones cost 160 points each though.
Not sure what this means, just thought I'd point that out.[/QUOTE]
Both of those DLCs are things that actually come with new copies of the game.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Both of those DLCs are things that actually come with new copies of the game.[/QUOTE]
I'm more interested in the size of the objects being the same, but thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking I'd have to buy those.

First Fable 2 was up for free, and now we're getting free weapons for Fable 3? I'm starting to think this stuff might be intentional. Btw, thanks OP :)

[quote name='LiquidCrew']195.5 MB for the DL. Thanks for the info. Missed out on Fable 2 DL for free. When was that?[/QUOTE]
A little over a week ago.

ok so im a little confused. so last night i downloaded the "free weapons" dlc for fable 3 that was on the marketplace. when i got the email from amazon for the exclusive weapon and tattoo, i put that into my queue too. when i got my copy of the game, inside was a code for day 1 dlc. i went to the xbox website to put it in, but when i did it kept giving me an error page. so i logged onto my xbox (which gave me some error which i cheked and seems like its when the marketplace has server issues) and put it in manually, but it told me i already had it in my queue. when i try to put it in again now it tells me i already downloaded it. but if i look at the files in my xbox i have 2 things downloaded under "fableiii_retailers". if i go in my download history on the website, it shows all 3 items, but if i try to download the free game content that was in the case, it tells me its not available.

i cant tell if i got screwed or not.

[quote name='y2jasper']ok so im a little confused. so last night i downloaded the "free weapons" dlc for fable 3 that was on the marketplace. when i got the email from amazon for the exclusive weapon and tattoo, i put that into my queue too. when i got my copy of the game, inside was a code for day 1 dlc. i went to the xbox website to put it in, but when i did it kept giving me an error page. so i logged onto my xbox (which gave me some error which i cheked and seems like its when the marketplace has server issues) and put it in manually, but it told me i already had it in my queue. when i try to put it in again now it tells me i already downloaded it. but if i look at the files in my xbox i have 2 things downloaded under "fableiii_retailers". if i go in my download history on the website, it shows all 3 items, but if i try to download the free game content that was in the case, it tells me its not available.

[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem, I tried to download it from my queue and the download starts then stops. The file is like 200mbs, but won't download.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']195.5 MB for the DL. Thanks for the info. Missed out on Fable 2 DL for free. When was that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I missed it, too! Xbox.com needs to work on my phone!!!

[quote name='y2jasper']ok so im a little confused. so last night i downloaded the "free weapons" dlc for fable 3 that was on the marketplace. when i got the email from amazon for the exclusive weapon and tattoo, i put that into my queue too. when i got my copy of the game, inside was a code for day 1 dlc. i went to the xbox website to put it in, but when i did it kept giving me an error page. so i logged onto my xbox (which gave me some error which i cheked and seems like its when the marketplace has server issues) and put it in manually, but it told me i already had it in my queue. when i try to put it in again now it tells me i already downloaded it. but if i look at the files in my xbox i have 2 things downloaded under "fableiii_retailers". if i go in my download history on the website, it shows all 3 items, but if i try to download the free game content that was in the case, it tells me its not available.

[/QUOTE]

I am having the same issue. I am confused because the file sizes are all different...

[quote name='kylerg']I got "DAY 1 DLC" for 240MB[/QUOTE]

Same here and now I'm kinda confused. When I queued up the stuff online, it showed as 195 mb. When I turned on my xbox, it said device full even though I had 200 mb free, so I was forced to cancel the download and redownload it from history. That's when the file size jumped up to 240 mb. What's up with that?

yeah the dlc is confusing unless 2 of the dlcs fused together into one. also does anyone else have the game title listed as "fableiii_retailers" in the memory menu on the xbox?

The "Free Weapons" download is more than just the hammer and rifle. It also includes the Day 1 DLC included in a new game, the Create-a-Villager thing, and probably other things as well. Take note that when you redeem your Day 1 DLC there are no additional downloads added to your queue.

bread's done
Back