Fable II Collector's Edition $22 shipped from Sears.com! Link inside!

Not worth it ... the Platinum Hits version is actually a better buy at this point, given the DLC is another $10-20 after you buy this. And the added content is lacking ... really an embarrassing CE to be honest.

[quote name='Plantguy7']Are they? That might sort of suck. Was that a glitch with the free game or what? I missed it =([/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it was a glitch or not but there was a link posted here last week to a free on demand download of it on xbox live. The DLC code might still be good, but I think it expired. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will reply soon and call me an idiot for saying it expired :D

was also able to pick it up off live while free. now i can't stop playing. pre-ordered fable 3 because of it. would not have bought it otherwise.

Oh, the Platinum Hits version has the DLC already in it? I may have to cancel my order. Maybe this wasn't such a good deal after all..

[quote name='Plantguy7']Oh, the Platinum Hits version has the DLC already in it? I may have to cancel my order. Maybe this wasn't such a good deal after all..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Platinum Hits version actually has more content over this one. This is strictly for collectors.

[quote name='Plantguy7']Oh, the Platinum Hits version has the DLC already in it? I may have to cancel my order. Maybe this wasn't such a good deal after all..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately there are a couple risks you take with the CE that probably everyone should be aware of -

1. The CE DLC may not work, however it most likely will .... BUT

2. Most people have forgotten that not only did the Fable 2 CE take a hit in content, losing the figure and cards it was supposed to come with, but also, at the time of release there were a ton of CEs that were released without the DLC content card. There was a whole program MS started to give people the content free and a huge uproar because everyone was applying to the program to replace the missing DLC, even if they hadn't bought the CE.

So yeah ... basically, if you buy this for $22 you get a slip cover, a making of DVD, most likely DLC or for $20 you can get the Plat. Hits version and get all the DLC.

Well that's news to me..I thought they just slapped Platinum Hits on a game after it sold over a million copies or something like that. Sorry guys!

Honestly the extra content in the Collector's Edition makes this better then the Platinum Hits version

The extra game content is going to go on sale on Live from time to time, the DLC in this version never will

It's true you can only get the Hal Outfit and Sword, but remember if you want the full Fable 2 game it will cost you more than the $22 here. Having owned the CE, I guess the DLC is kind of cool ... but honestly, from everything I've read about III, it's going to be very similar to II but with many improvements. The Fable 2 story is a bit on the weak side, so just a heads up on that too.

I got FB2: PH version for $13 & worth it. I may waits for FB3: PH version :) Really don't want to spend $60 and get $30 GC this week ad (Nebraska Furniture Mart)

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Fable 2 collector's edition is the most regrettable purchase I ve made on collector's editions[/QUOTE]

Mine was that fucking Halo 3 Legendary, I learned from my mistake too bad most people don't.

OT: i missed the free Fable 2 on XBLA, so if i were to get the plat edition, are the DLCs part on the disc? or seperate codes?

The platinum edition comes with all the DLCs but not the Halo suit and sword as I have heard. I am not sure what else the CE comes with but not both the DLCs.

Breakdown: as I learned

Platinum Edition - 2 DLCs and extra content and weapons. Already installed in the CDs so there are NO DLC codes to input and no storage space required.

Collector's Edition - 1 DLC and Halo suit and sword. (Didn't do much research on this so I would not know anything else, maybe I'm wrong with this information as well)

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']Fable 2 = 0 for many on CAG from that xbox free download glitch last week. -grins-[/QUOTE]

Lol that was a glitch? Nice I got it though played a little. Prob will just plow through it to beat a game before cod

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']Fable 2 = 0 for many on CAG from that xbox free download glitch last week. -grins-[/QUOTE]

I got that and Plants vs Zombies for free this month, free games are good :D

I know that the CE DLC will not work with the Platinum Hits disc version.

However, does anyone know if the CE DLC will work with the download version of the game that Microsoft gave away from a glitch a week ago?

[quote name='basis']thanks N1nj4_KO. hmmm so that could mean that the other DLC "The Hall of the Dead" dungeon?[/QUOTE]

I hate when stuff isn't compatible for other editions. Platinum vs. Collector's Edition extras and extra content don't go well together. But yeah totally uncool. I believe you are correct on that information Basis. I remember reading up on many sites that the extra dungeon or content is this Hall of the Dead dungeon for the Collector's Edition of Fable 2. I also read that, well if you continue reading this thread, that CE and PE don't work well together.

[quote name='pholly']I got that and Plants vs Zombies for free this month, free games are good :D[/QUOTE]

When was this PvZ free deal? I wasn't informed!? Damn those updates! :bomb:

Anyone want a 5 dollar kmart eGC? I would let it go for a month of live code or something. I would use it myself, but almost anything on their site is killed by shipping(except videogames) I just don't have extra money to be spending on games right now anyway. I think the card can be used on sears.com too.

[quote name='eau']
However, does anyone know if the CE DLC will work with the download version of the game that Microsoft gave away from a glitch a week ago?[/QUOTE]

someone who has bought it please let me know about this. if it doesnt work im ebaying that sucker

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']
When was this PvZ free deal? I wasn't informed!? Damn those updates! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It was free in China or something a couple of weeks ago, had to make a Chinese gamertag to get it but that was easy and free. I think the admins took it off the site after it was posted, not sure if that was because it was a repost or against the terms of the site. I like it better on the iPad, the touch screen controls really make the game fun to play.

[quote name='pholly']It was free in China or something a couple of weeks ago, had to make a Chinese gamertag to get it but that was easy and free. I think the admins took it off the site after it was posted, not sure if that was because it was a repost or against the terms of the site. I like it better on the iPad, the touch screen controls really make the game fun to play.[/QUOTE]

Oh you mean that Taiwanese XBL account. Wouldn't you need to stay on that account to play the games or it's in your HDD? Oh nvm I just answered my own question >_> but I beat the game on PC and I just wanted to play on XBL with the versus mode. I doubt we would be able to play?

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']Oh you mean that Taiwanese XBL account. Wouldn't you need to stay on that account to play the games or it's in your HDD? Oh nvm I just answered my own question >_> but I beat the game on PC and I just wanted to play on XBL with the versus mode. I doubt we would be able to play?[/QUOTE]

No, versus is local only. I was hoping for that to be online, oh well. As far as the Tai thing goes, once I downloaded it the license for it is on my console so anyone who plays on my console would have the full version unlocked no matter what account is logged in. If I get another console though I would have to either be logged on as that user, doesn't have to be the playing profile btw can be any of the 4 available controllers, or transfer the license to my new console.

[quote name='pholly']Mine was that fucking Halo 3 Legendary, I learned from my mistake too bad most people don't.[/QUOTE]

I am happy i came late to xbox 360 and scored halo legendary from toysrus website for like $67 shipped 2-4 years ago. I wanted the helmet bad and have 3 of them now since they sold for like 15-20 shipped for the helmet alone on ebay about 1-2 years ago. I repainted one to my online charactor look so for me it would of been worth full price just cause of that. I am happy i only spent $67 for mine. The box art is so bad i can not stand it. The worst artwork i ever seen it is so dull and really reminds me of poo. :)

I wanted the CE of FB2 but i want it just for the hal sword and stuff. If there is a chance i will not get it forget it. I got the Plat version already but i wanted just the code.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I wanted the CE of FB2 but i want it just for the hal sword and stuff. If there is a chance i will not get it forget it. I got the Plat version already but i wanted just the code.[/QUOTE]
The CE code will not work on the Plat Hits version of Fable 2.

The CE content works with the downloadable version of Fable 2 from what I can tell. However, I installed it using the CE disc to play but later sold the CE. When I downloaded Fable 2 for free during the glitch and played it, my saves with the CE content seemed to work just fine.

bread's done
Back