Fable II: Game of the Year Edition $59.99 (not confirmed)

[quote name='thehoweller']I'll give you $20 so that you can buy the DLC packs, then I'll give you Fable which I can find for $25...Oh, then you hand me $60...

I don't see how when people package things together, then sell them for more than the normal price, it's automatically looked at as a "deal".

This is "cheap-ass" gamer...Not "lazy-ass" gamer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this isn't a deal. HTF is this still in the deals forum a day later? Not only is it retail price, it's a ripoff by $15-20. But a lot of crap like this makes it on the deals forum these days, so it's no surprise.

This would be a good deal if it includes the upcoming episodic content. If the episodic content adds any depth to the game.

[quote name='thehoweller']I'll give you $20 so that you can buy the DLC packs, then I'll give you Fable which I can find for $25...Oh, then you hand me $60...

I don't see how when people package things together, then sell them for more than the normal price, it's automatically looked at as a "deal".

This is "cheap-ass" gamer...Not "lazy-ass" gamer.[/QUOTE]

That is not a fair comparison at all.

If a game of the year edition was to come out, 10 months after it is out- lets talk about how much it costs then, okay?

Clearly it will be cheaper than $60.00- and more around $40.00. And you get $20.00 worth of DLC. No one said to be an early adapter, but the idea of having it all in 1 edition will eventually lead to a cheaper game with DLC access.

I don't think there was enough DLC released for this game to warrant a GOTY edition, especially at a $60 price. They should of tried to copy Fallout when it came to the DLC.

[quote name='LeRoy']I don't think there was enough DLC released for this game to warrant a GOTY edition, especially at a $60 price. They should of tried to copy Fallout when it came to the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Many people (1.5 million?) bought the game when the game cost $60.00. Getting both DLC packs for the same price isn't bad. Plus, eventually the price will go down, and it is easy access to the DLC.

Fable III was announced today for 2010 (fat chance), so I don't see this lasting at $60 for more than a few weeks.

I think these GOTY edition games are deals. What if they said Fable II plus all DLC for $60? Then people would be like, "Sweet deal!". Just cause it's sixty dollars does not automatically make it not a deal.

Um, "Game of The Year" when used in this context is a marketing term. That should be obvious, no? Are people also upset that Platinum Hits aren't actually made out of platinum?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Read Joystiq and Kotaku. There is no episodic content that is new. It is the retail game broken up into bite sized chunks...[/QUOTE]
I read it somewhere else (a bit less credible) they didn't outright say it was a re-release but that's what it sounded like. I figured that'd be too retarded to be true, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I don't think I'll do that again.

[quote name='illennium']Um, "Game of The Year" when used in this context is a marketing term. That should be obvious, no? Are people also upset that Platinum Hits aren't actually made out of platinum?[/QUOTE]

They aren't !?! DAMNIT.

Fable II is a good game. I was addicted to it for about a week, but after that, I don't see myself picking it up again. The replay value just isn't there. But still worth the $20 I spent on it.

As for this GOTY edition. If it really is $60 MSRP, then it's actually a ripoff.
Fable II = $40 new from many retailers.
Knothole Island = 800 points = $10
See the future = 560 points = $7
Total = $57

[quote name='aheineken']
As for this GOTY edition. If it really is $60 MSRP, then it's actually a ripoff.
Fable II = $40 new from many retailers.
Knothole Island = 800 points = $10
See the future = 560 points = $7
Total = $57[/QUOTE]
Add in fancy artwork and its a deal.
cagus.smile.jpg

Oh, 3 bucks more is a ripoff?
And when was the last time you paid msrp?
Oh, and I paid 11 for it, so you got 'ripped off' at 20.

GOTY editions lose their value quickly unless the regular game still has a high value ie Modern Warfare.

Not a deal thread. Xbox360 forum, anyone? (yes, and please bump the thread telling me not to bump it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='unclenebber']Oh, 3 bucks more is a ripoff?
And when was the last time you paid msrp?
Oh, and I paid 11 for it, so you got 'ripped off' at 20.

GOTY editions lose their value quickly unless the regular game still has a high value ie Modern Warfare.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so maybe not a ripoff, but overpriced. For a game like Fallout 3 with $50 worth of DLC, $60 is a deal. Fable 2 only has $17 worth of DLC, so it would make sense for the GOTY to have an MSRP around $40.

If I did not own Fable 2, would I buy the GOTY for $60? No way. Would I buy it for $40? Certainly.

The more you bitch about how this isn't a deal, the more this stays on the front page. Keep your mouth shut and let it die if you don't like it.

[quote name='rad|cal']LOL. didn't the DLC suck ass? Not to mention just 2 of them isn't really enough for a bundle...[/QUOTE] Tell that to Mass Effect, it was rereleased bundled with the only piece of DLC that existed at the time (plus some throw-away multimedia stuff). I doubt there's an official definition for what justifies a rerelease beyond the opportunity for a game company to press more copies of an already existing game. But hey, extra content for free is never a bad thing. :)

bread's done
Back