Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

So...apparently this DLC has what is known as a
Resurrection Shrine. I guess to revive your dog if it died. Now, if this is the case, AND I can take that dog back to the Main Game, where I can go back and get the remaining Achievements and Side-Quests, I'll definitely get it, because losing a core gameplay mechanic like that was a major turn-off to me about the ending.

Question about after you beat the game:

I chose to revive my dog and sister, and I got a letter from the sister saying she was ok and staying with someone. Can I find her in the game? If so, where is she?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Question about after you beat the game:

I chose to revive my dog and sister, and I got a letter from the sister saying she was ok and staying with someone. Can I find her in the game? If so, where is she?
[/QUOTE]

I didn't do that one, but I imagine there the retribution quest ends when you find her. Go to the Quests screen and see what's there.

[quote name='popular penguin']i need help with this achievement. i only have Reaver dolls to trade.[/quote]
well i have the Garth doll, so thats a good start.

Just downloaded the free DLC for Fable 2 after my save was wiped (long story how that happend) I am not to interesting in dropping 800 MS space bucks

So if anyone's downloaded this
and had to resurrect your dog
I have a question for you.
Can you take your dog off the island?

I have an extra Hero Doll I can trade someone. I also have the ability to get Garth Dolls.

EDIT: I now also have 2 extra Garth Dolls for trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Can you only acquire one doll within your game if you don't trade?[/QUOTE]

Yes. To get the rest you must trade with other people.

[quote name='KingBroly']So if anyone's downloaded this
and had to resurrect your dog
I have a question for you.
Can you take your dog off the island?
[/quote]

I did it and yes you can. He's back foreverrrrrr everywhereeeee foreverrrrrr.

[quote name='bs000']
I did it and yes you can. He's back foreverrrrrr everywhereeeee foreverrrrrr.
[/quote]

Okay, I'm downloading it. This alone makes it worth it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
I didn't see a quest for it.
[/quote]

I inferred from interviews with one of the lead devs that you aren't able to interact with any of the characters post-game at this time (the Heroes, your sis, etc), but perhaps in a future DLC or "Lost Chapters" type of add-on.

This new DLC is BRIGHT

My eyes hurt looking at my screen....I'm going to have to adjust the brightness :(

So any impressions on this yet? I'm still wondering if it's worth a purchase or not, I'll probably end up getting it but I was just curious to see what others thought of it first.

I'm going to go see if they give anything cool with the free download. I know that playing as a henchman with somebody that has the expansion lets you see a little bit of it, but I'm not sure if the free download adds anything otherwise. I'm on the edge of buying it also, but I have plenty of games that I haven't even touched, so I'll probably wait for a sale or something (if one ever happens).

With the free download, you get some items in Bowerstone Market if you're by yourself and don't have the Premium Content. Not many items, but still a nice idea to at least get the free content.

Worth it? If you beat Fable 2, but didn't continue doing quests afterwards for whatever reason
namely, losing your dog
, you should get it. If you've completed everything in Fable 2 before this content, it's not worth the 800 points IMO. But like I said, those who wanted to continue on in Fable 2, but couldn't or didn't, this one is for you I guess.

The quest only took me about an hour and a half to complete I suppose. But near the end I was rushing it and ignoring every Dig Spot that came up. And I still have to do the Item Trading Quest that's on the Island.

I went ahead and downloaded it. I'll post some impressions tonight as I hope to get through it, I just couldn't wait and it's been over a month since I played Fable II so I figured this was a good reason to start again.

[quote name='popular penguin']i need help with this achievement. i only have Reaver dolls to trade.[/quote]

scratch that. my xbox just got the "red ring of death" yesterday after beating the game. i was looking foward to the dlc too.:bomb:

Did not see this question posted when I was skimming through the last few pages....

Is there any difference between the free DLC and the premium DLC?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Did not see this question posted when I was skimming through the last few pages....

Is there any difference between the free DLC and the premium DLC?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no difference they are just hoping you spend the 800 points on the same thing you can get for free.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Did not see this question posted when I was skimming through the last few pages....

Is there any difference between the free DLC and the premium DLC?[/QUOTE]

How about the same page you posted on pally? Scroll up.

[quote name='KingBroly']With the free download, you get some items in Bowerstone Market if you're by yourself and don't have the Premium Content. Not many items, but still a nice idea to at least get the free content.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strongpimphand']Ok, I just did the first mission on the island...now what???[/quote]

same thing happened to me.. i beat the 1st mission.. then i went back to the ship and left.. then new mission popped up back at the island

also knothole island looks very nice.. lots of hdr

Is anyone else glitching, I did the first quest and got the trophy for it so I know I did it. But it keeps telling me to talk to the cheiftan, he is no where to be found though, and it still shows the quest is active..

[quote name='guyver2077']same thing happened to me.. i beat the 1st mission.. then i went back to the ship and left.. then new mission popped up back at the island

also knothole island looks very nice.. lots of hdr[/QUOTE]
oh, so I gotta leave then....

Well, leave I shall!

Man, where can I get Regal Purple Dye, 2 Puny Carrots and 2 copies of Murgo's Big Book of Trading? Why can't every store have every item? This is so tedious.

Murgo's Big Book of Trading - Bowerstone Market Bookstore
Puny Carrots - Check Produce vendor in Bowerstone market and Bloodstone
Regal Purple Dye - Still need that one but I heard that Fairfax Garden Clothing Vendor sell them if your lucky.

[quote name='KingBroly']Man, where can I get Regal Purple Dye, 2 Puny Carrots and 2 copies of Murgo's Big Book of Trading? Why can't every store have every item? This is so tedious.[/quote]

I dunno, is that better or worse than having everything completable right away?

[quote name='FrankySox']Nope, no difference they are just hoping you spend the 800 points on the same thing you can get for free.[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='crystalklear64']How about the same page you posted on pally? Scroll up.[/quote]

Thank you. Not sure how I missed that.

You cannot go to Knothole Island by yourself with the Free pack. You can only do that if you pay $10. Now if you can find someone who hasn't done the Quests/Achievements on Knothole, and want those, you can play with them on their system with the free pack.

Still can't find the 2 books or the Purple Dye. Grr. I hate this randomized bullshit.

Just borrowed this game from a friend and only skimmed through all 54 pages and didn't see anything, but is this game ridiculously laggy?

I cleared the system cache and it helped some, but there is a noticeable slowdown when hitting pause, texture loading, pretty much when I do anything. Just wondering if it's something I'll have to accept or my 360 is close to dying again.

I purchased it last night, I was expecting to get more free items from the submarine dude. Anyone know if downloading the free one gives you other items?

-------

Also, speaking of Knothole...Master Chief's Assault Rifle can be found in the surprise box shop:

fablehalz3i.jpg

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2009/01/14/fable-2-heros-can-now-wield-hals-rifle/

[quote name='dealer']Just borrowed this game from a friend and only skimmed through all 54 pages and didn't see anything, but is this game ridiculously laggy?

I cleared the system cache and it helped some, but there is a noticeable slowdown when hitting pause, texture loading, pretty much when I do anything. Just wondering if it's something I'll have to accept or my 360 is close to dying again.[/QUOTE]
if you got a pro/elite, install it on your 360 and it'll be MUCH better....

I just finished the Crucible last night...took me longer than I realized. I powered up quite a bit. I have a feeling I missed an achievement in there somewhere but I looked at the list and it doesn't seem like it. There should have been one for getting all rounds on perfect or something.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just finished the Crucible last night...took me longer than I realized. I powered up quite a bit. I have a feeling I missed an achievement in there somewhere but I looked at the list and it doesn't seem like it. There should have been one for getting all rounds on perfect or something.[/quote]
I don't believe there's an achievement, but you should have at least gotten a sword or axe or something because of it.

just finished knothole island.. anyone know where to find the second knothole book?

also whats the best property to buy that would turn alot of cash fast

[quote name='YodaEXE']I don't believe there's an achievement, but you should have at least gotten a sword or axe or something because of it.[/quote]

Nope...just a trophy :whistle2:|

Do you have to get all levels perfect to get the item?

[quote name='guyver2077']whats the best property to buy that would turn alot of cash fast[/quote]

Buy the pubs...they generate the most cash.

Just finished up with the DLC. A tip for anyone looking for Regal Purple dye - I was able to dig one up just next to the exit from the Ice Shrine. I'm assuming the dig spots are the same between games.

Anyway, I've pretty much exhausted the game - except for getting the completionist and doll catcher achievements, since I don't really feel like spending more money to get the Pub Games expressions, and I don't have any friends currently playing with whom to trade dolls. Great game, though - I definitely had a lot of fun with it.

I thought Fable 2 was a top 5 game of the year, but the DLC....ugh

It took me about 1-1.5 hours to beat it. The rest of the time (about an hour) was spent trying to find items to get the 25 ach. points. Not worth 10 bucks.

If anyone has all of the Dolls on them, please send me a FR so I can borrow them then send them back to you immediately. I want that stupid achievement already. I'm almost done with the Keys, too. I have like 16 to go.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Do you have to get all levels perfect to get the item?
[/quote]

Ya you do. Have fun with trying to perfect the fucking troll round. My advice is to not even bother and get the Daichi sword instead. It's after a dungeon in Brightwood Tower called Archons Knot. Google it, I forgot how to get there.

I have level 3 of that slow down time power...it slows down the timer as well...I figure I can get perfect doing that. I had the most trouble with the level before the troll.

The easiest way to gain levels, and this is extremely cheap/sorta cheating is to
Start a local co-op game, let the character pop-in, then sign that character off. Why? Well, the host gains that character's EXP when they go away.
Well, I don't know if the latest patch changed that or not.

Only 2 more dolls to go now. Reaver and Lucien are the only ones I need, then I can focus on the final few Silver Keys. I just need to find pictures or video guides to help me find them.

bread's done
Back