Fable II LE $58.61 @ Amazon

One of the resellers wants $999 for this. LOL. Does it come with a gold bar or something?

Also, for that low price will it come with the download codes?

Wait for the Platinum edition coming out in January as it's supposed the contain all the downloadable content and it's for 29.99. Much better value proposition IMO.

[quote name='maximus101']Wait for the Platinum edition coming out in January as it's supposed the contain all the downloadable content and it's for 29.99. Much better value proposition IMO.[/QUOTE]

Includes "The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon, "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon and Spartan armor and energy sword
VS
All the DLC and $30 less

I'm gonna wait for the plat but that halo armor is rather cool.

I've got my sealed copy for 50 paypal, or for trade if anyone is interested. I know this may not be the place, but I guess it is offering a better deal.

Not a great deal really, disappointed in Amazon. But I guess they can't smoke everyone when it comes to price. Think the Platinum version is much better value, as somebody on here already mentioned.

I picked up a used copy of the LE version at Gamestop during their Buy2Get1 for $27. The code was open (so I'm assuming I can't use it), but the DVD and game discs were in great condition.

Totally not worth it ... bought it at launch ... not worth it ... just saying.

The game was a disappointment when compared to the Lost Chapters ... but then I'm in the minority thinking it kind of sucked. I did own the LE and I can tell you first hand that it's not worth it.

Coming up as $46.69 when I check it out. Better price, but deal is still not for me

Update: Oh, nvm, that price is from a third-party, guess amazon ran out already

[quote name='eebuckeye']I thought it was a great game.. along with many others.. Of course not everyone will agree.[/QUOTE]

How was it a great game when the axed half the content they added in the lost chapters? Fewer enemies, fewer areas to explore, glitches galore, a lame villain, a horrible anti-climactic ending ... heck, the flash game that came out prior to the release of this game had a better storyline because the main villain was a white worg or whatever the werewolf creatures are called.

Sure they added a dog and a bunch of family stuff .. but if I wanted to play the Sims, I'd play the Sims ...

I know we disagree, but I'm just saying ... this game was way over-hyped and still is, much like most of Peter Molyneux's games ... aside from BC, the only game I really wanted to see last generation that never made it out.

[quote name='destinywaste']People actually wanna pay close to $60 bucks for a mediocre game that came out over a year ago?[/QUOTE]

But it says "Limited Edition"...Gosh!

Why do we care about the Limited Edition? The regular version is going for $30. Did we forget how much many of the extras they axed for this "limited edition?"

Don't waste your money. Wait for the platinum release or pick up the regular version. There isn't anything good about the Limited Edition.

Just got mine in the mail today and the shit is re-sealed. I'm sending mine back to Amazon. Instead of the y-fold (all Fable II LEs were Y-Fold) mine was heat-shrinked. To make matters worse it was missing the street date sticker and the Microsoft Security Seal was scrunched on one of its corners under the shrinkwrap. It had obviously been taken off of the case and put back on. I expect this nonsense from NorAm, but not from Amazon directly.

[quote name='Doomstink']Just got mine in the mail today and the shit is re-sealed. I'm sending mine back to Amazon. Instead of the y-fold (all Fable II LEs were Y-Fold) mine was heat-shrinked. To make matters worse it was missing the street date sticker and the Microsoft Security Seal was scrunched on one of its corners under the shrinkwrap. It had obviously been taken off of the case and put back on. I expect this nonsense from NorAm, but not from Amazon directly.[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that.

never have i experienced something similar to that. glad i haven't so far.

[quote name='Doomstink']Just got mine in the mail today and the shit is re-sealed. I'm sending mine back to Amazon. Instead of the y-fold (all Fable II LEs were Y-Fold) mine was heat-shrinked. To make matters worse it was missing the street date sticker and the Microsoft Security Seal was scrunched on one of its corners under the shrinkwrap. It had obviously been taken off of the case and put back on. I expect this nonsense from NorAm, but not from Amazon directly.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure all Fable II LEs are y-folded?
Mine was heat-shrinked as well.:cold:
booo

I'm holding my sealed Fable II LE I bought at Target. It's Y folded. I didn't even know that you called that "Y folded," but I plainly see the Y and the "Do not sell before 10 21 08" is on there perfectly straight. I seriously have to start trading on CAG or selling on ebay cause I'll never play this game or a bunch of other games and accessories I have.

If you want, I'll take a pic of my game with iphone and post it here. I just need a good site to upload the pic to that doesn't have a bunch of adware and pop ups.

bread's done
Back