Fable III Limited Edition Hardcover Guide (includes DLC) - now $15.84 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has the Limited Edition Strategy Guide for Fable III for $15.84. That's the lowest it's sold for I believe. The guide looks pretty nice, and comes with 1 of 4 different covers. It also has a nice art section. Obviously this is more of a fan/collector's type of item rather than a straight up guide so please keep the gamefaq's stuff to a minimum. It also comes with a DLC code to get an in-game tattoo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846

Product Description

Ascend to the throne and become Albion's next ruler in Fable III. "The Fable III Limited Edition Signature Series Guide" picks up the story of life in Albion over half a century after the events of Fable II. Your quest is to overthrow a megalomaniac sibling and save a continent on its knees. This limited edition guide tracks the decisions you make, determining the type of ruler you become. Exclusive quest guides and maps provide an unprecedented knowledge of the games dig spots, gnomes and secrets. Included is a stand alone art section, with a limited edition dust cover and multiplayer tactics for co-op and competitive modes. Fable III and The Kingdom of Albion have never been explored in such detail, but how will you gain and control the wealth and power you crave?
Unboxing (might want to mute it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkAIsZTEFk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks op just watched the video, muted as well. I was going to make a jack ass coment about the music too. I think my ears are bleeding... why do people make videos and find annoying music to add.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']why do people make videos and find annoying music to add.[/QUOTE]
Probably the same reason people add annoying animated gifs to their sigs.

The Fable III Limited Edition Signature Series Guide" picks up the story of life in Albion over half a century after the events of Fable II.

Does this mean that this guide contains a backstory that is not covered in Fable III?

[quote name='no_exit']Probably the same reason people add annoying animated gifs to their sigs.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. In my defense i feel mine is small enough not to offend to many.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Thanks op just watched the video, muted as well. I was going to make a jack ass coment about the music too. I think my ears are bleeding... why do people make videos and find annoying music to add.[/QUOTE]
I rather watch the gif than listen to that music;)

[quote name='Wargamer']Darn it, I ordered it for $19 like 5 days ago...[/QUOTE]
if u got it from amazon they will refund u the differences.

[quote name='aznboovie']if u got it from amazon they will refund u the differences.[/QUOTE]

It arrives tomorrow, already in transit. Will I get the refund? Sorry for the stupid question but I shop on amazon like 5 times a year only, hehe.

[quote name='Wargamer']It arrives tomorrow, already in transit. Will I get the refund? Sorry for the stupid question but I shop on amazon like 5 times a year only, hehe.[/QUOTE]

Send them an email about it and they will tell you they will refund you, but it's only a "one time thing."

[quote name='DarkRider23']Send them an email about it and they will tell you they will refund you, but it's only a "one time thing."[/QUOTE]

If it isn't automatic, I think I'll pass. It is just 2 bucks anyway :lol:.

[quote name='Wargamer']If it isn't automatic, I think I'll pass. It is just 2 bucks anyway :lol:.[/QUOTE]If you ordered it and it's on the way, you usually can have them refund the difference because you don't have the item yet. Only in those situations can you do it on good faith because of how close you ordered it to the drop and that you don't have the item yet.

If you ordered it previous to that and you've already received it, it would be an exception they're granting you.

One of the reviewers on the Amazon page has added a video review; not bad in the event that you were looking for an additional preview to go along with the TC's vid (especially if you are still on the fence).

[quote name='Wargamer']Darn it, I ordered it for $19 like 5 days ago...[/QUOTE]

And I ordered it for $20.99 like a week ago. Dickles.

I got mine a couple days ago when it was at $17.99 It's a really nice guide. The art is well-done. The tattoo code is printed on the inside back cover of the book. Good buy for collectors or those who were considering the regular version of the guide.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Ouch. In my defense i feel mine is small enough not to offend to many.[/QUOTE]

Animated gifs are truly annoying, just so you know, so add me to that list. :)

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Guides? Really, CAGers?

With the money you spend on a guide, you could buy a brand new game...[/QUOTE]

Someone can't read well I see.[quote name='ssjmichael']The guide looks pretty nice, and comes with 1 of 4 different covers. It also has a nice art section. Obviously this is more of a fan/collector's type of item rather than a straight up guide so please keep the gamefaq's stuff to a minimum.[/QUOTE]This is a collectible item, with exclusive DLC to boot. Collectors can be Cheap Ass Gamers and look into saving money. Step off that high horse.

I'm just glad the video had a steady cam.
I can always mute the music but I can't hold the cam still for them.
Anything "Seinfeld" related gets a pass from me. I like the gif. :D

It appears the guide has been lowered another 50c and is now $16.49... the same price as the regular guide! they must have a ton of these sitting around.

[quote name='JJRCH']It appears the guide has been lowered another 50c and is now $16.49... the same price as the regular guide! they must have a ton of these sitting around.[/QUOTE]

I saw that the price went down. It was under my recommended for you page. I was about to click order and then I was like maybe possibly it could be in my gold box? Low and behold the guide was in my gold box. $15.67 so that saved what like $1.32 from when I was going to order. :lol:

Also used my $20 credit from LoS and picked up Enslaved for :360:

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']This is now $15.99, which is actually CHEAPER than the regular edition (still $16.59).

LOLS[/QUOTE]
ugh lol. I still haven't ordered it. I really should...but it's a guide and I really dont need it....fuck...

For anyone that's played the game...is a guide at all necessary? Or if you have the guide, did you actually find yourself using it when playing?

I'm buying it mostly for the art and the DLC... but I can see the guide being useful for some collect-a-thon quests so I can have the guide right there rather than walking back and forth to the computer a million times. Aside from that, no, the game definitely does not require a guide. Everything is pretty much right out in the open.

[quote name='tecwrtr']Woot! Found it in my Gold Box for $15.19!

Btw, I LOVE the Seinfeld gif! That frogger episode rocked. :)[/QUOTE]

It's in my GB too! I'm tempted even though I don't even own a 360 yet. I just kind of like these sorts of guides from an art perspective. If/when I get a 360 I do intend to buy these Fable games too.

[quote name='tecwrtr']Woot! Found it in my Gold Box for $15.19!

Btw, I LOVE the Seinfeld gif! That frogger episode rocked. :)[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Very tempted to pick this up.

Wow, glad I stuck to the paperback for ~$13 but this is getting dangerously close to that price lol. Anyone know if the DLC in the LE guide is the same as the standard?

[quote name='ShockandAww']For anyone that's played the game...is a guide at all necessary? Or if you have the guide, did you actually find yourself using it when playing?[/QUOTE]
I didnt need a guide at all, I'm sure it would really help if you're going for all the different collectables, which I dont really do. If you get lost you can always turn on that little line that shows you where to go.

It's in my goldbox right now for $15.05, but while I'm tempted, I think I'll wait for a chance at a penny guide. I just don't see this one paying off as much as jumping on the Fallout 3 GOTY Collector guide for under $20.

bread's done
Back